Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hussam

melee/magic distance.

I have two suggestions:

1) Make each 6 rationality increase the distance from which spells against creatures (not players) can be cast by one tile.

2) Add an option which can be toggled on and off so when I click on a creature and it is too far, my char can walk to within a square or two of that creature without attacking it. The maximum distance through which this is possible would be 1.5 or 2x the current distance from which I can attack things. This will probably help new players in their hunting of rabbits :)

I have two suggestions:

1) Make each 6 rationality increase the distance from which spells against creatures (not players) can be cast by one tile.

2) Add an option which can be toggled on and off so when I click on a creature and it is too far, my char can walk to within a square or two of that creature without attacking it. The maximum distance through which this is possible would be 1.5 or 2x the current distance from which I can attack things. This will probably help new players in their hunting of rabbits :)

Awesome suggestions. The current attack (too far, blah blah and not moving) behaviour doesn't have too many positive aspects in terms of gameplay

I have two suggestions:

1) Make each 6 rationality increase the distance from which spells against creatures (not players) can be cast by one tile. I do not like this, wouldn't Perception be better (make it more worthwhile :whistle: )

Hate how when doing range/magic its too far and your characted does naught to cope with it. Just makes me feel like the char i'm playing is incompotent. Just adds to the irritation of using these skills, especially if you set out to use them as an alternative to melee (not wise sadly, unless you go uber harm anything instantly to death with <300 hp mage). Though, this makes it nice for the ordinary players, creating less hassle, means them uber OP mages can kill easier too...

Upside

Downside

Upside-Downside cake.

mmmm