Eternal Lands Official Forums
Burn

Should Child of Stars negate red astro for Harvesting?

Child of Stars - Harv Astro Effect  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinion on Child of Stars removing red astro for Harvest Events?

• It's a Bad Thing, I want the red astro for it (I have the perk)
    • It's a Bad Thing, I want the red astro for it (I don't have the perk (yet))
    • Neutral Opinion on it
    • It's a Good Thing, I don't want the red astro for it (I don't have the perk (yet))
    • It's a Good Thing, I don't want the red astro for it (I have the perk)

Child of Stars - awarded on a quest completion - With this Perk, you will not be affected by negative astro for harvest events, fail and make rare.

Thought to do this poll since I've yet to come across anyone with a positive opinion on this. The fail/make rare is a Good Thing of course, but there's questioning on whether removing red astro on Harvesting is good or not.

Many heavy harvesters consider the "red astro" time to be the best time to harvest. With a harvester medallion, it's the rare time you're likely to be able to harvest full loads without stopping.

And that to some is much more valuable than finding a rare stone while being tossed around by tele nexus and getting the crap beat out of you by other events. ;-)

More importantly, it's the best time to harv for those of us who go through Harvester Medallions like candy. :-D Less breakage chance.

I've felt this way. Red astro is good stocking time.

It's for that reason I stopped doing the necessary quest. I don't want to lose my red astro for harvesting. I'd love to lose it for the fail/rare, but it's not worth losing my red harvest astro over.

So... here's the question for everyone: Do you think removing red harvesting astro is a Good or a Bad thing for your own game play?

Or are you neutral on it?

(Note that the yes and no answers are doubled, select the one that indicates whether you have the perk or not.)

There has been no request to change the perk as of this time. This is just to gather opinions on it.

Edited by Burn

Neutral on it, I have the perk, but I don't harv much anymore these days and I like green bars :D

I rather would suggest implementing a switch (maybe called #harv), to enable harv astro if needed :)

This is the reason why i not want get Child of stars...i like too much red harv astro.

Edited by Littlebig

I have CoS perk and it took me ages to get it, (not too mention a lot of gc worth of mixing).

I love it for the no neg astro on Make Rare/Fail but the no neg astro on harvesting is VERY BAD!

I have broken way too many Harvest Meds since taking this perk (and only trying to use meds on neutral days).

As already said harvesting on red astro days was very good, especially with Harvest Med.

I have voted. Would be great to get rid of no neg astro for harvesting with CoS perk!!!

Edited by Takhan

I don't understand this thread.

Your focusing on this tiny little thing that doesnt make sense, and i think you want to fix it when theres more glaring problems?

i dont get it.

It's a bad thing.

The manufacturing tutorial is the only one (other than tailoring) that I haven't completed. And I stopped doing it only because of the harv astro portion of the Child of the Stars perk.

Your focusing on this tiny little thing that doesnt make sense

I disagree, JoeButler. It's not a tiny thing to some of us who have broken hundreds of harvester medallions.

Edited by darrock

It's a bad thing.

The manufacturing tutorial is the only one (other than tailoring) that I haven't completed. And I stopped doing it only because of the harv astro portion of the Child of the Stars perk.

Your focusing on this tiny little thing that doesnt make sense

I disagree, JoeButler. It's not a tiny thing to some of us who have broken hundreds of harvester medallions.

Why the hell do you spend hundreds on harvesters? I had dedicated harvester, made no difference to me. You just buying a plusibo

and compared to the fact that half the great swords are useless, issues with armour balancing, magic balancing, attri balancing, summoning balancing, mob balancing, ranging balancing, exp balancing, harvesting spots being spread out over more areas to prevent chokeholds, balancing invances, instances, fixing economy, keeping newbies, keeping old players...

I think they are bigger. I mean colossal. I was talking in relevant sizes.

I got the perk 3-4 months ago.

I harvest A LOT.

I use always Harvest meds - have used them before mini event came, because of the bigger blessings and more gold.

One thing I didnt know before I took the perk was thet half of the time do the astro stay 0.

I thought it were always moving from 0 to full.

I dont feel I break more Harvest meds - but I feel I break more pickaxes. ;)

When my harvest stay 0 do I harvest fast to harvest things like low level flowers, when my astro are going up am I harvesting minerals/ores and high level flowers - slow to harvest - less events/hour.

I like it as it is now, have foung more stones than before and usual when the green bar is high.

Can you rephrase the questions, Burn?
I think they are kinda confusing.

- It's a Bad Thing, I want the red astro for it (I don't have the perk (yet)) - if i understood correctly, means that I want the perk not to influence red astro.

However it is a bit conflictive with the question that proposes the removal of this feature (which is kinda a good thing, imo).

- It's a Bad Thing, I want the red astro for it (I don't have the perk (yet)) - if i understood correctly, means that I want the perk not to influence red astro.

However it is a bit conflictive with the question that proposes the removal of this feature (which is kinda a good thing, imo).

At the moment, child of stars cancels negative harvesting astro. Negative harvesting astrology means less chance for random harvesting events. When you have less random harvesting events, you are less likely to break a harvesting medallion. When you have positive harvesting astrology, mother nature grants you more harvesting events and you are more likely to break a harvester medallion.

At the moment, child of stars cancels negative harvesting astro. Negative harvesting astrology means less chance for random harvesting events. When you have less random harvesting events, you are less likely to break a harvesting medallion. When you have positive harvesting astrology, mother nature grants you more harvesting events and you are more likely to break a harvester medallion.

I think Viper knew that, i think he's trying to point out the issue of the phrasing as its not giving a firm, easily understood option, and can therefore cause confused votes and render the poll inconclusive and effectively useless.

Why the hell do you spend hundreds on harvesters? I had dedicated harvester, made no difference to me. You just buying a plusibo

My counters show over 13.6 million harvests, mostly ores and slow cf flowers. As the game now exists, if there were not harvester medallions available, I would probably quit playing. As it is, their break rate is a constant irritation. I would love to work toward a perk like Child of the Stars for mixing astro, but am not willing to give up red harvesting astro.

and compared to the fact that half the great swords are useless, issues with armour balancing, magic balancing, attri balancing, summoning balancing, mob balancing, ranging balancing, exp balancing, harvesting spots being spread out over more areas to prevent chokeholds, balancing invances, instances, fixing economy, keeping newbies, keeping old players...

I think they are bigger. I mean colossal. I was talking in relevant sizes.

I agree that there are other issues in EL besides the status of this perk. But, lets not diss one suggestion just because you believe something else is more important. Different people play EL differently and have different priorities; it's one of the best things about this game, imo. If you'd like to discuss further, I'm open to that in PM or forum PM. But these other issues are a bit off-topic for this thread.

Not really off topic, if you addressed some other issues, they combine and can nullify other problems. every change has a consequence on every other aspect of the game, and leads on to a domino effect. Best way to solve details like these are to combat issues further up the stream. Try and keep the source clean instead of cleaning up the filth 5 miles down the river.

It honestly makes no difference to me if you had harved 1 billion fruit tbh. If such a problem would cause players to quit, or irritates them such a degree then why do a small band aid fix on one specific solution, such as child of stars? why not try and fix the entirity of the problem rather than this one slice, which will only effect the high level manuers and leave the lower levels and those who dont do manu with the same old problems your trying to get out of. This self help of higher levels discrediting any thoughts of newbies, or grossly thinking in the wrong manner continues to alienate them and make sure you dont have any more coming in. as older players leave, you get a chokehold population which is in the middle that gradually decreases, killing the game. This has been something that has been worrying me for, what, the last 2 years, and when i tried to point it out, i was ignored, my fears came true and you have no newbs. And threads like these basically wanting to just fix something for the miniority and not the majority really irritate me, as it shows none of you are capable of seeing whats happening.

You can shrug that doomsday prophecy off if you like, but just think how much better the game would be if you did changes that made things better for the discontented many and not just the few.

Neutral on it, I have the perk, but I don't harv much anymore these days and I like green bars :D

I rather would suggest implementing a switch (maybe called #harv), to enable harv astro if needed :)

I hesitated a long time on getting the perk, and I hate the fact it gives me neutral harvest astro. I consider the effect on harvesting astro a very negative side-effect of the CotS perk.

I finally took the perk because I didn't harvest much anymore, and regret it. I took the smart harvester perk as well at the same time, so cannot separate the effects, but it seems I am using more pickaxes. I used to do my flower harvesting on red astro, and ores and minerals (with harv medal) or dung on green, now I just dont harvest anymore.

To me a toggle would be perfect, but if that is too much coding then take away the red harvest astro effect from the perk and make that a new redeemer award (requiring mason rank 1 ;) and 20 blue dragon scales) so people who want it can still get it.

to Joebutler

This thread is not about fixing the game, this thread is about fixing this one perk. When something intended as a nice award is considered by the recipients as a bad side effect, I think it is worth it to do something about that.

I agree that making changes could make this game a lot more attractive, but that is a subject for a different thread and a totally different discussion.

Why not try and fix the entirity of the problem rather than this one slice, which will only effect the high level manuers and leave the lower levels and those who dont do manu with the same old problems your trying to get out of.

Fixing this one small problem should be quick and easy.

Fixing the entirety will take forever.

This self help of higher levels discrediting any thoughts of newbies, or grossly thinking in the wrong manner continues to alienate them and make sure you dont have any more coming in.

So in addition to not getting newbies you want to lose the high level all-round and non-fighting players? Look at the high level manuers in this thread and ask them if a small change like this might keep them here. Right now the game is losing the high level allrounders as well, people that have invested years in their levels. I completely fail to see how looking at this aspects alienates newbies.

In the end, fixing this issue might make me harv afk more again, giving me time to plan contests and invasions for other groups that the 120200 invancers

Can't agree with JoeButler that changing Child of Stars perk is only helping pros. Imo atm the perk is only for players that are rich enough not to harvest, changing the effect on harvesting astro would make it profitable for all players. I understand why this perk is so good and i understand what type of players can take it, but since i am one of those who can't go for it due to the effect on harvesting astro, I support the change with both hands.

And why focusing on little things should be set aside? You always have to start somewhere...

Adding a switch or alternatively new Redeemer perk for positive harv astro is very good idea, then noone would lose anything due to this change.

I know Maxine/Zicus. tbh you two and Mythos are the only 3 people i actually care for the opinion of who've posted here. But little effects should be left till the basics are dealt with; would you start adding the little details in a painting before you did the outline, sky, ground and main features? no. Adding more small pieces before the underlining basics just leads to redoing things.

And i think red astro is nice, i liked harving etc, but tbh i still think that redoing a negative piece of one perk its worth looking at some other perks to deal with at the same time and (at least keep your mind on) to overall issue. Its just food for thought.

And i'll stop posting here again, i see my arguments still fall on deaf ears like the last 2 years.

EDIT: Just side note, do you mods ever use these warning points, cause you've already locked my forum account once w/o warning, i just want to know.

Edited by JoeButler

Even though still a long way to go it is my intention to get this perk.

The most sensible suggestion I read in this thread came from Raistlin, this would be the cleanest and simplest, effecting no one. It would only work if you have the perk.

I rather would suggest implementing a switch (maybe called #harv), to enable harv astro if needed

The ability to handle your astro would be more like the title of the perk suggest.

Perhaps implemented as an upgrade, with a another optional quest, only to those who have the perk, this would be an incentive to the original.

Edited by Nardo Lala

I have nothing to add to this thread that hasn't already been said, except that I also am working towards CoS, but will probably pause and think long and hard before doing the very last item, exactly because of the harv astro.

I don't have the perk so I don't know how bad it can be but I will get it sooner or later when I get the time for it and lvls and all..

It says that the perk removes the negative astro for Harv/Fail/Make Rare and that's what it does so adding the Negative astro back even though you have the perk wouldn't that make the perk pointless?

Why not add something like a "the break chance when you harvest will be lowered" with the perk to compensate the extra "good" harv events instead to level it out?

It says that the perk removes the negative astro for Harv/Fail/Make Rare and that's what it does so adding the Negative astro back even though you have the perk wouldn't that make the perk pointless?

Why not add something like a "the break chance when you harvest will be lowered" with the perk to compensate the extra "good" harv events instead to level it out?

The perk would still work for make rare/fail astro.

It's only the harv at issue.

We already have a reduced break chance perk.

And that won't compensate for those that regularly use harv medallions losing the red astro time to harvest. Losing the red astro pretty much guarantees a massive increase in broken harv meds.

Edited by Burn

Ok I see.

Well it should be a perk that is suppose to be "positive" (I guess) so I will vote for adding the red back to the harvesting seeing how bad it is.

For a perk that control the astrology related to harvest/degrade I find it pretty justified as it is.

It gives you the option to either mix expensive stuffs with more confidence, or to be a peaceful afk harvester.

I don't see why you should do both.

(take in the consideration that if you think to not break things, you can buy ingredients from market

and only use saving stones to mix very expensive items -- might be cheaper even if you break some w/o having the perk)

As for the vote options, i find them very confuzing, so i am unable to vote.

Edited by tropatropa

Up until this moment, I hadn't considered how CoS would affect my harving habits, since i'm a long way from finishing manu tutorial. I do ~95% of my harving on "red" days, just so i can harv without the constant interruption of mini-events (using my constant companion, the Harvester Medallion). This is especially necessary since I have Dedicated Harvester, and am working towards Smart Harvester.

Upon consideration, I probably won't bother finishing the manu tutorial for that reason. I don't insta or invance or attend invasions, so dailies and mixing are my only source of income in the game. If harving becomes too much of a pita, I'll just find another game.

Harv on, peeps!