Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Add cooldown to True Sight Potion

True Sight Potion has no cooldown time and a minimal cooldown time (5-10 seconds) will allow accident reclicks from wasting a potion. When in invance or invasion and no immediate response occurs the natural response is to click again and usually non-response is just delay in icon being shown, I am sure there is some PK reason while True Sight Potion has no cooldown but this should be minimum impact to PK.

Rather than being specific to one item, I'd suggest extending this.

Any non-food item* with a zero cooldown should have just a 1-second cooldown added to it. That's enough to cover most every accidental double-click.

I regularly click stuff more than once due to finger muscle issues. Could probably save a few kgc a month with such a cooldown added.

*(Food with zero cooldown is intentionally clicked multiple times.)

So you felt it appropriate to violate forum rules and run off-topic just to make a post poking fun of someone's medical problems.

I would say 2-3 seconds, 1 is same as in TD (iirc) and i still get the same result. hardly going to make a difference like that.

also more offtopic things in pretty much every thread, your taking it far too personally imo, and i think he found it funny because it was hardly going to be your leg muscles causing these issues.

Well, yeah. It's more a carry over from me being in the other server(s), but the same results apply here, even if its different objects/maps. Same c/d system *sighs*

guess PK still dead with just occasional standing in KF with flits of MAD vs LOM! skirmishes and @@6 Channel PK?

Edited by JoeButler

How about just coding it so they work like bones? If your food is full you just can't eat another till your food lvl decreases.

If you already have ts enabled then you cannot use another until the effect is gone.

I dont think special effects such as those given by pots and spells are dealt with in the same way as food (at least in EL). This probably would work on anything like SR/BRs/etc. but i doubt you can copypasta that code.

I personally don't have problems with accidentally double-using items, but if some people do and there is no downside to adding a bit of a cooldown to stuff like TS (and I can't see one -- and it should be relatively trivial for radu to add/change CD on a pot, right?), go for it.

Z