Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonlore

higher lvl = more engineering mine resistance

Just a random idea that I got today, I was thinking that it could be made that with a higher engineering level could give slight mine defense/evasion bonuses with higher levels. the same could be done with ranging level as well I suppose. would give people incentive to work on those skills more

i just figured it would be an incentive to train engineering lol. merely a suggestion roman

I always wonder why high level engineers do not know to not use matches around dung.

Then I wonder what level engineering matches are.

Mines are in game to die. So someone looses stuff or poofs Rostogols.

We have an attribute which is kinda unpopular, its called Will. Take more Will for higher health and mana bar.

That is the most spectacularly useless piece of information i've ever seen.

• Range has a defence - Point Defence
  • Brod has a defence - cotu
  • Magic has a defence - MI
  • Magic Swords have a defence - Drag armours
  • Summoning has a defence - Smite
  • Rings have a defence - Cotu

Many of those are completely failsafe defences (which isnt ideal) but engineering has fck all defence, and is OP. For the sake of (shitty) balance you need to add a defence, or better yet, balance all the defences to a point where they're effective but not complete walls against them (something like point defence with a good working chance). Got no balance in pk strategies, its just a cookie cutter mold and you wonder why its dead. Its whoever pays for the most OP shit, and mines are near the top of the list.

Edited by JoeButler

Well i would like to se the ability of an engneer who steps on a mine to disable it if he has a tool in inventory.

But in general stands, its hard to defend against a bomb, if it goes up it should do the same damage

RC mines you don't step on. With a slow computer you are killed already by the time the screen loads.

Engineering level (and perception) help to see mines, which is somewhat of a defense.

Armour reduces damage and will increases the total damage you can take. These are the current defenses against engineering. That said, I think some new gear types that would further reduce mine damage would be a good addition. E.g. Blast shield - counts as medallion, reduces incoming mine damage by 20%.

A copy from my post 2 years ago about improving the engineering situation:

(http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56909&do=findComment&comment=563915)

1. New item: Mine diffusor - When carried in inv it will react like a PD and will reduce
damage from bomb by 0-100%, 1 use only. Price shouldnt be too expensive but still high
enough since mines arent that cheap either.

2. Create a min ENG level for mines being used. Why should a noob engineer should be able to
temper around with mines w/o having a chance to fail miserably? Example:
RC mine has a req. level of 44 to be made, why not applying that to bomb layers as well?
Lets say if a bomb layer has less than 44 ENG he should have a 50% chance to "crit" laying
down a mine. Result: he gets 50% (or 100%) damage from mine and opponent only 50% (or 0%)

3. Change the formula for mine damage, so more advanced engineers actually make a difference.
ATM a RC mine does 75+(ENG/5) damage -> a level 25 engineer does 80, a level 100 does 95 damage.
So only 15 damage more with 75 levels more, that isnt enough imo.

4. Take the ENG level of opponent into account when calculating damage he gets. It's a bit
like casting a harm spell, where the mag level of opponent is taken ionto account as well.
Why not do the same to the ENG level considering mine usage?

5. Add cooldown for use of detonators/mines

I like your suggestions, raistlin, #2, though, would require changes to Minel... Its already expensive as hell for the reward, throwing in failures would be bad.

I like engineering for a change, i found many uses for it during wtf, etc. However, RC detonators should have at least some 10 sec CD. That is enough defense for engi.