Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pipetz

capped invasions

how about change cap system a bit, make it works like DPA, so that anyone can attack capped mob but when they fights it their a/d capped to cap lvl of mob

example:

let's say you're 150 a/d char and fights 3 opponents: ft(cap: 100, a/d: 120), yeti(cap: 120, a/d: 125), giant(cap: 130, a/d: 145).

when yeti hits you your def capped to (calculated as) 120, when you hit giant your attack capped at 130

would bring alot of challenge, variations, strategies, invasions for all

I could imagine that from a coding standpoint this might provide for some challenges but with said challenges I think it might just be a very well thought out suggestion.

How about attributes? Would those remain the same? I would also ask how would this be tied into perks like I can't dance?

+1

Another approach is to make make map a/d capping (like DP arena) runtime configurable. Not sure if it is currently like that or not. Only radu would know. Then radu can cap a map at 100 without a server restart and do an invasion there then remove the cap once the invasion is over.

Edited by hussam

I would only support this if this was a new command, and not an adjustment to the current capped invasion command.

If this was a change to ALL capped invasions, I would have to say no. While this would, hypothetically, put everyone on an even playing field in terms of a/d, it would still put the "pro" players at an advantage over the regular undercap players in terms of resources, attributes, and magic/range levels.

Asgnny did a 100 capped invasion last week. There was a team of about 6-8 of us clearing the map. Had this system been in place, the people the invasion was actually suited for would not have had as much fun because the pros would be there, too. And there definitely would not have been a chance for us undercappers to take out a bula without a pro trying to swipe it.

So if this was made into a new command that could occasionally be put to use... then by all means. Otherwise, I'd rather do without it.

I would only support this if this was a new command, and not an adjustment to the current capped invasion command.

If this was a change to ALL capped invasions, I would have to say no. While this would, hypothetically, put everyone on an even playing field in terms of a/d, it would still put the "pro" players at an advantage over the regular undercap players in terms of resources, attributes, and magic/range levels.

<snip>

So if this was made into a new command that could occasionally be put to use... then by all means. Otherwise, I'd rather do without it.

I agree. Would make a nice novelty every so often, but would remove the point of caps really at lower levels, where the better gear/more hp/more eth/more EMU/more money factor nullifies the "field levelling" aspect of it completely. Armours can make you effectively 20 -30 levels more powerful at lower caps already.