Eternal Lands Official Forums
roman_gruber

Too many high level Armors in Game

Hi.

My proposal is to remove any human 5 or higher armors from NPC sell list. There are lots of high level armors on Tradebots and player storage's, even lots of unused dragon scales.

This will encourage a healthy partnership between scale providers and scale users.

As a recent quest requires a decent manufacturing level there will be soon many many people with decent mix stats to mix their gear anyway.

Hi.

My proposal is to remove any human 5 or higher armors from NPC sell list. There are lots of high level armors on Tradebots and player storage's, even lots of unused dragon scales.

This will encourage a healthy partnership between scale providers and scale users.

As a recent quest requires a decent manufacturing level there will be soon many many people with decent mix stats to mix their gear anyway.

As far as I could see, no dragon armours are available from NPC.

So your suggestion would not do anything to "encourage a healthy partnership between scale providers and scale users",

as the only way to get a dragon armour at the moment is from a player.

(and figuring that out took me all of two minutes; so might I suggest a minimum of research before suggesting anything?)

Iirc, Daritha requires lvl 60 for the highest level quest, and the lowest recommended level for dragon armour is 65... so I don't see all that many extra producers in the near future... (did I mention researching before posting?)

And frankly, I like the price cap provided by NPC for the other armours, so that prices can't be pushed over the top.

Edited by revi
spelling/addition

I think that would be a very bad idea. NPC prices provide a cap. On the contrary, more items should be sold by NPC.

Roman, you should be looking at things from everyone's point of view.

Titanium sets are good and reliable training armor. If you remove them from NPC, you are killing the intermediate players who need the cap.

Without NPC prices, only the top level people can buy things.

Same thing is with HEs for example. New to intermediate buy it from NPC for 9gcs each. Top players can't care less. They buy it for 10 to 11 or same. These are the same people who buy dragon sets. That's why NPC doesn't sell dragon sets.

If you remove price caps to satisfy your own game but hurt the common player, you are hurting the economy.

Greed is a bad thing. There is already a lot of work for manuers due to daritha.

Doing what You are suggesting means that the NPCs won't sell anymore Steel or Titanium plate mails that's all, so how did you reason when thinking through this suggestion to sell more dragon scales?

And why is there a problem with players having lots of armors in storage or Bots selling them?

If they sell there aint a problem if they don't sell it is probably because the price is wrong and needs to be adjusted because it is too high.

Edited by Entris

What about, perhaps, changing the daritha quests to steel/tit/bronze helms, and removing helms from npc? Those helms mostly only get bought to break anyway. Would provide a market for big manuers, whilst not really taking anything away from those who use steel/tit armors for training.

Prices of great swords and iron/steel/titanium armor have not gone up in four years but ingredient costs have gone up. As example use FEs which typically sell for 5 but used to sell for 2.5 and someone tried selling FEs in auction starting at 6 each. Are the people selling the required ingredients greedy or have they just adjusted to current prices? Fixed prices work only in communist type countries were prices are artificially depressed to make masses content and shortages always persist.

Are the people selling the required ingredients greedy or have they just adjusted to current prices?

Well they created the current prices which you think they are adjusting to ;)

Also I would like to point out the fact that one contributor to there being so many armors in game is that there are not as many players as there was some years ago. If it wasn't for NPC selling manu items like the ones you mentioned it would have been impossible to get certain armors.

There is no reason for plates/cuisses/etc to be removed as purchasable items from NPC. The problem lies in the fact that prices are very inflated. Caused by the players themselves.

Think about it this way...

If rosto were sold via NPC for 50Kgc then no player would be able to charge 60Kgc for one. Same goes for armors/weapons. There needs to be a limit on prices so they don't get hiked up beyond the already painful prices they can cost already.

Prices for bindings/serps/etc need to drop but that just isn't going to happen because of one reason...

No NPC sells these items to set the limit.

Edited by PaulB

Well, this could all be manipulated if, someone (some great person) bought all the relevant articles ingame and sold at a loss. The problem is a doubt anyone will do that, and its the only way for things being sold in the shop because im 100% certain radu will never make them sold by an npc.

Well, this could all be manipulated if, someone (some great person) bought all the relevant articles ingame and sold at a loss. The problem is a doubt anyone will do that, and its the only way for things being sold in the shop because im 100% certain radu will never make them sold by an npc.

This wouldn't work as you say. Someone else would just purchase the items at the lower price and resell for higher price. Happens often. With a open market and no throttle on the price it's impossible for one or even a few people to lower a market "value". That would require a community.

Almost correct paulb. In EL someone could actually do it, but not by buying from players. Someone with ~$2k to spend could fix those prices fairly easily by acting like an npc and selling at a fixed cost.

E.g. someone buys 1k binders from Radu and fills all the bots with the first few hundred. Then sells for 5k each on their own bot. If they ever run out, just buy more etc.

Doubtful anyone would do that at this point.

Edited by Rabbitman

Almost correct paulb. In EL someone could actually do it, but not by buying from players. Someone with ~$2k to spend could fix those prices fairly easily by acting like an npc and selling at a fixed cost.

E.g. someone buys 1k binders from Radu and fills all the bots with the first few hundred. Then sells for 5k each on their own bot. If they ever run out, just buy more etc.

Doubtful anyone would do that at this point.

Yes, true. But it's not just doubtful that would happen. While it would make radu extremely happy, it's a certainty that it's not going to happen.

No real solution without wiping entire economy with a universal sto wipe and fix drops/shop to make sure everything comes to an equal value (no more cash crop $$ purchases like haidir passes that are 10k more profitable to a $ than rostos), and monitor it carefully encouraging a stable market without inflation/deflation, and countering buy ups. etc.

I think that would be a very bad idea. NPC prices provide a cap. On the contrary, more items should be sold by NPC.

Roman, you should be looking at things from everyone's point of view.

Titanium sets are good and reliable training armor. If you remove them from NPC, you are killing the intermediate players who need the cap.

Without NPC prices, only the top level people can buy things.

Same thing is with HEs for example. New to intermediate buy it from NPC for 9gcs each. Top players can't care less. They buy it for 10 to 11 or same. These are the same people who buy dragon sets. That's why NPC doesn't sell dragon sets.

If you remove price caps to satisfy your own game but hurt the common player, you are hurting the economy.

Greed is a bad thing. There is already a lot of work for manuers due to daritha.

Okay idk exactly whats being discussed here and even tho ive been playing the game off and on for years I still havent touched most of the content. But there are a few things i would like to point out.

Imo intermediate players shouldnt have tit armors. W/O a cap only top level players can buy Top level gear. Couldnt the NPCs cap the price of materials instead? That would drop the price of manu goods. Or are they already doing this?

Plz forgive my lack of knowledge on the game itself. Idk whos sells what at wat price. But i am pretty knowledgeable about economies and such so i like participating in convos like this :)

Imo intermediate players shouldnt have tit armors. W/O a cap only top level players can buy Top level gear. Couldnt the NPCs cap the price of materials instead? That would drop the price of manu goods. Or are they already doing this?

Plz forgive my lack of knowledge on the game itself. Idk whos sells what at wat price. But i am pretty knowledgeable about economies and such so i like participating in convos like this :)

Correct. Intermediate players don't need titanium sets or 200k gc armor sets.

NPCs sell raw materials such as iron at a very high price so that you don't buy ings at will, mix and sell for profit without breaking a sweat. It is encouraged to buy raw materials from other players or harvest them yourself.

Expensive bars such as hydro are capped by NPC at 15k so yes, there is some sort of cap already :)

But there are ingredients like enriched essences, binding stones and serpent stones that are only obtained by accident or bought for real money. Their market price depends on availability.

If you search for Enriched fire Essence here http://bots.el-services.net/search.php

there aren't any on sale (at this particular minute) and those are needed to manufacture titanium armor sets. So if I need a titanium set right now, I can just buy it from NPC instead of waiting for Enriched essences to appear on bots to make a new titanium set :)

Edited by hussam

Correct. Intermediate players don't need titanium sets or 200k gc armor sets.

NPCs sell raw materials such as iron at a very high price so that you don't buy ings at will, mix and sell for profit without breaking a sweat. It is encouraged to buy raw materials from other players or harvest them yourself.

Expensive bars such as hydro are capped by NPC at 15k so yes, there is some sort of cap already :)

But there are ingredients like enriched essences, binding stones and serpent stones that are only obtained by accident or bought for real money. Their market price depends on availability.

If you search for Enriched fire Essence here http://bots.el-services.net/search.php

there aren't any on sale (at this particular minute) and those are needed to manufacture titanium armor sets. So if I need a titanium set right now, I can just buy it from NPC instead of waiting for Enriched essences to appear on bots to make a new titanium set :)

Ah i see, and yea i searched the NPCs on the wiki and saw that they do sell raw materials. Hydrobars, aren they the bars that are used to buy nexuses?

Ah i see, and yea i searched the NPCs on the wiki and saw that they do sell raw materials. Hydrobars, aren they the bars that are used to buy nexuses?

Correct :) 50 hydro bars get you one nexus.

Correct :) 50 hydro bars get you one nexus.

So 750k xD nooo problem haha.

Actually, all bars (except dvarium) can be bought from NPC... And several are already at NPC price (or over) on bots

I think that price adjustment for the npc based one supply and demand might be a cool feature to add. Also maybe capping the amount of an item an npc can sell based on stock. So lets say an npc only has 1 tit armor in stock he will buy/sell it at a higher price than if he has 10-15. And if he only has one in stock he can only sell one. If he isnt moving his product the price should start to drop in an effort to sell it (even if he has to take a loss). Ofc there would have to be a cap as to how low he gets on an item. Idk rough idea but i think it would be pretty cool. Ofc it might work better in a more populated game.