Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RipTide

Dailies for other skills. potion, craft, tailoring, etc

Skill dailies, i.e. alc, craft, manu, pot, tailor,   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have dailies for other skills.

• Yes, daily
    • Yes, but every 2 or 3 days,
    • Yes, but weekly make them more intense with higher exp payout.
    • No, I have too much to do already.

This stems from this topic:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59267

I think that people would like to have dailies for other skills. It could be similar to dorel dailies, but in this case you can pick which skill, not random.

Alchemy NPC, "I have a special project. I need 20 titanium bars."

Tailoring NPC. "I need 20 bolts of black fabric for a customer."

etc.

You would receive a small gc payout and a exp bonus. The payouts don't have to be so large that they over balance the game. I think tailoring is a dead skill and it may breathe life into it. (I may be wrong, idk). Personally, I like dailies, it give me something to do other than the same old fighting, harvesting, mixing rut.

I like that idea. Now just a/d is so promoted, ok, there is eng daily quest + one random, but you can not compare it with Haidir + Daritha for a/d (and of course Invances where you can get a lot of a/d exp).

Good idea, everyone just save your ingreds, soon fes will be bought from npc :P

they will buy for higher than npc price just like they do for health essences. antisocial perk has a negative effect on the economy.

hi:)

I would only like new skill dailys if the quest could be done by the player himself. Do not make it to easy to level non combat skills just with money. If a npc likes something the player should have to mix it there and gains the reward.

hi:)

I would only like new skill dailys if the quest could be done by the player himself. Do not make it to easy to level non combat skills just with money. If a npc likes something the player should have to mix it there and gains the reward.

I think it could be done at the Tutorial mixing quest - givers.

Just use some of the Tutorial quests.

And I think they should not give a/d exp.

Good idea, but i am not sure which option to choose without knowing how much the final reward will be. If it's 2-4k like dorel than i guess it can be daily.

I like the dailies and it would be great fun if there where more of them so one daily for each skill would be nice.

Depending on skill/reward/task it might be good to mix between daily and every second day or something :)

BruSu, if you want it to be done by the players themselves (instead of bought in Exp), then recycle code from tutorial NPC for mixing part, and have that done by these "Masters Of The <skill>" NPCs. That way you force them into doing it but with the negative issue of making sure its a sensible load for carrying there, which if disregarded would require hyper keys/mules/etc. Just since i agree with your idea.

However, is there any option to limit allrounders on this? so they can have max of 3 of these per day, otherwise i see people just doing dailies and logging off mostly (if you put the harv, a/d, dung, and these quests in, it will probably take a fair amount of play time, and leave people with no time to do anything but dailies)

Otherwise i like this idea. It goes very nice with my build xD

I like this alternative to invances, instances and invasions for mixers (or allrounders with not enough bought nexus to be competitive fighters in their a/d range). The current dailies don't take much time.

If the quests are organised such that you have to make the stuff in front of the NPC, of course you'll need the knowledge and nexus.

Is that too much to ask for someone with such a level in the skill concerned? I don't think anyone could do the higher Haidir missions with only 0 nexus stuff the first time (s)he is in the range (unless through ranging... highest 0 nexus weapon is Iron Broad Sword)

But i think there should be a way to avoid such missions (at least for the nexus requirement). Either through a skip option, or (if implementable) give school experience for both mixing and the bonus when mixing on the spot. That will allow 'buying and trading', but gives an extra incentive to mix.

I agree. Though it should not be a hand in quest.

It should be a mix at npc style and the items should be totally random.

The player should be able to choose the nexus requirements at all or be able to skip it for a week cooldown.

And the quests should also reflect not so common used items, like to make a Tin bar, A bronze bar, to harvest for example copper ore / tin ore ...

Another type could be to get materials from npc and depending on the successful made items and the difficulty the reward should be calculated as same mix skill xp.

If the quests are organised such that you have to make the stuff in front of the NPC, of course you'll need the knowledge and nexus.

Is that too much to ask for someone with such a level in the skill concerned? I don't think anyone could do the higher Haidir missions with only 0 nexus stuff the first time (s)he is in the range (unless through ranging... highest 0 nexus weapon is Iron Broad Sword)

But i think there should be a way to avoid such missions (at least for the nexus requirement). Either through a skip option, or (if implementable) give school experience for both mixing and the bonus when mixing on the spot. That will allow 'buying and trading', but gives an extra incentive to mix.

I like that, a good bonus for mixing on the spot or a so-so bonus for a turn in. Haidir passes could be used, that gives radu an income and would be a plus for him.

Lets not turn this into another 'buy more xp in skill X' option, but a true skill quest, you can skip at a weeks penalty but have to make yourself. People who want to buy their way up the rankings without nexus can buy Big Books or do the engineering daily (no mixing needed).

Whether dailies make since on how they are implemented. If they are implemented like Engineering dailies then they are a waste - you need to be level 25 to get and may get a very high level request with very expensive ingredients and very little reward in experience and coins.

Manufacturing, potioning, tailoring and crafting dailies will likely have same issue - it is not as simple as it is for Haidir - go kill so many creatures which based on your A/D level if you are a professional fighter that you will have little trouble killing. Many items require multiple ingredients which take a lot of time (a lot more than the half hour for most Haidir quests) and rewards will not be adjusted according to market changes.

Whether dailies make since on how they are implemented. If they are implemented like Engineering dailies then they are a waste - you need to be level 25 to get and may get a very high level request with very expensive ingredients and very little reward in experience and coins.

Manufacturing, potioning, tailoring and crafting dailies will likely have same issue - it is not as simple as it is for Haidir - go kill so many creatures which based on your A/D level if you are a professional fighter that you will have little trouble killing. Many items require multiple ingredients which take a lot of time (a lot more than the half hour for most Haidir quests) and rewards will not be adjusted according to market changes.

If you don't do a quest it's a waste now? Quite a few people do Minel's quest, and having an entry level is a good thing, it gives you something to work towards.

but wouldnt dailies be better concentrated on low levels (imo)

means quicker catch up with decent/pros, if you limit their exp more.

means a more competitive market and in combat skills better pk.

Also same logic behind level 25 "being something to work towards" is the same as saying 110 a/d to be able to survive pk. Excludes alot of people.

people not doing quests of any type is usually to do with it not being either immediately attractive, well constructed or of some other detterent. Less people do Minel quest than many of the other dailies, so their probably lies a detterent unique to it. Players must find fun combined with reward for quests, and since eng is targetted to be a difficult advanced skill, i imagine the quests are costly and probably time consuming, therefore the combination of factors makes it unattractive to a fair amount of your populance, but obviously some people will find it worthwile. So you look at resolving the problem by providing a difficulty that is enjoyable, quick enough to allow for other entertainment ingame and a decent return.

Now that 1.9.4 is out and many of the bugs have been worked out, How about revisiting this idea. I'd like to see a daily for crafting and potioning.

I would like to see this too, with alch/pot/manu/craft xp for USING the skill, unlike the eng daily (can just buy), summon daily (no skill involved) or manu daily (gives a/d xp).

I would like to see this too, with alch/pot/manu/craft xp for USING the skill, unlike the eng daily (can just buy), summon daily (no skill involved) or manu daily (gives a/d xp).

I'm OK with the eng daily (well, aside from giving not-worth-it xp for the gc lost, and giving people items they can't possibly make themselves at their eng level), as none of the items are massively undercut by npc prices and so at least it encourages that SOMEONE is actually using engineering to make the item...

Are you suggesting something like, 'poof 10 IP rings in front of me' type of thing?

Z

I'm OK with the eng daily (well, aside from giving not-worth-it xp for the gc lost, and giving people items they can't possibly make themselves at their eng level), as none of the items are massively undercut by npc prices and so at least it encourages that SOMEONE is actually using engineering to make the item...

Are you suggesting something like, 'poof 10 IP rings in front of me' type of thing?

Z

Poofing only works if the NPC asking for them is in a school, but yes, something like that, similar to the harvesting tutorial, where YOU have to get the flowers from the location specified.