Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Error in direction entering storage

I'm not really sure if this would be considered a "bug" but I have noticed it before and figured it's an error in the maps.

I'm using TG storage as example here. See this first screenie. I am facing directly away from the door and it's pointing north. By this placement it puts the entrance to VOTD in a north-east direction:

TGsto_zps54bd7737.jpg

Now to the outside. I am facing in the same exact direction as I am in this previous screenie but from outside the storage. Notice the door placement. Only problem is that from outside it has me facing west, not north and puts VOTD entrance in a north-west direction. This is an error by logic. If I am facing the door on the outside and I walk inside facing directly away from the door then I should still be facing west, not north. View screenie and compare:

TGsto2_zps1377c8fe.jpg

I have noticed this in other maps such as Portland storage and mentioned it some years back in game. I know it's probably just a minor detail but I figured I would post it here and make it officially announced so maybe it can be fixed.

This isn't something that can be fixed easily. Pretty much would require repositioning of every item in each storage, redoing the height map, etc on the .elm file. Basically, a ton of work for something that doesn't affect usability. Maybe if we were redoing all the insides of a map, that would be considered, but at the moment, I wouldn't even begin to try to fix all the directional "bugs" ingame :P

Edited by Acelon

To elaborate on what LV said, that happens because of how the map is placed on its elm file. They aren't always placed facing the same direction, depending on how much space it needs to fit or how many other maps are on the same file.