Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LeeDonaldson

ManicMiner scammed my bot

Records show DarkDiablo sold 10 to me at once carone bought 10 then manicminer started sell buy

My ingame name Sneaky_Lee

My bot got scammed by manicminer with 221 trades of bot buying rosto at 59k selling for 53k one thing is i did not set this to buy rosto as i no longer use them as don't fight anymore

dont know what i can do about this im not good at writing hope you can understand it

is there anything i can get done about this all most all gold coins we had has been taken from me

my bot FangSlayer

scammer ManicMiner

Please help all i have was on that bot now gone

scammed.jpg

scammed_2.jpg

he even came back after and bought some items with my gold coins surly this cant be accepted

Edited by LeeDonaldson

Humph, thought i was the scammer? Mr. Alphabet

I noticed the rostos (for 53k on trade bot website) Decided to run over. Wheni was there, they were gone. Alot of others came, told them rostos gone.

Though i noticed the suspicious activity of ManicMiner. I kept going /Fangslayer inv, and refreshed page. I tried trading, but for some reason wouldn't let me. I did tell couple mods, was about to send help me (I also Ig your guild, and try pming Sneakylee) none responded. I ran to storage, grabbed inv of antlers, and when i came back managed to buy the rostos. Minute later bots shutdown, you appear, im at the wrong time wrong place :P

Sorry about your loss though.

Thanks for posting. Even though this can happen because of a mistake on bot pricing, a nice person would warn the bot owner. People like this can't be trusted. :(

manicminer banned from my bot.

Scam as in scammed password? How did ManiacMiner get password to be able to get change prices?

A bot scammer could get all of the gold out of a bot quicker than that.

it appears he just took advantage of mistake in pricing.

Check with http://bots.el-services.net to see who had access to bot.

You get a warning on the el-services if you set sale prices under buy prices, which is what happened it seems. Not nice of manicminer to use that to empty your bot of gc, but you must have set it to buy and sell.

That sucks, man. Can you go back through your records and see how a rosto got onto your bot initially? There'd be no way for an outsider to see that the prices were backwards without putting a rosto on the bot in the first place, and noone in their right mind would sell one for 33k at this point.

Hi,

If you set bot to buy rosto for 59k and sell for 53k then it was not a scam. He simply used your mistake of bot pricing configuration.

This means nothing can be done for you to get back your coins.

Hard way to learn your lesson, sorry for your loss.

Hey,

Allthough devnull has a point, it still sucks that it happened to you. I had the wrong pricing on my bot once, and I was warned by a nice player. Cause that saved me a lot of money, I decided to donate 100k to your bot. I hope it will ease the pain a bit.