Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerSachse

Manufacturing lvl and Daritha

Some weeks ago, radu asked "is manufacturing worth now". Yes it is, but why do ppl, who has more than a specific manufact. lvl get more ATTACK/DEFENSE xp from Daritha?

Can i get mor a/d xp for my sum/ran lvl from Haidir? :P joking

Why cant ppl/chars with this specific manu. lvl not get some manu. xp + a/d xp? There is no sense, to get mor a/d xp if you have better man lvl.

I take this xp, but it has no sense.

The original idea behind this - was to make low level items sellable- and to kick start manu which was almost a dead skill.

And to a large extent that worked - however as you state the new ones depend on your manu lvl so kind of go against the original idea.

Unlike the harv/eng dailies this is not designed to boost manu

If you have cheese to sell, would you go sell it in order to buy some cheese with the money you get for it?

Yeah, if in the end i would have more cheese or money.

I think I get what Ent is saying, and what I like about this daily is that, having a/d rewards, many non-manuers want to do it, but npcs either do not sell (or are not competively priced, see tit shorts), so provides an outlet for manuers to sell their wares... which is a very good thing, I think.

However, many of these quests that Daritha offers (wood shields, iron chain, iron shields, leather armor, tit chain, pretty much all the new ones due to massive recent rise in EFE cost/availability) are simply a 'go fetch me this from npc' quest as the npc offers far lower prices than a player could (and in the case of wood shields... is the only option anyway). Also provides some minor income for those who own bots in/near PL to help those who are anti. I'm not sure this was really the original point.

Some people can, if they chose, buy the items from NPCs. The wooden shields can be obtained from drops, BTW, there are plenty of them dropped by low level creatures.

However, people with a high manu skill can make the items themselves, especially if they get their own essences without buying from bots.

Some people can, if they chose, buy the items from NPCs. The wooden shields can be obtained from drops, BTW, there are plenty of them dropped by low level creatures.

However, people with a high manu skill can make the items themselves, especially if they get their own essences without buying from bots.

Most people will buy from NPC - as it is cheaper and less hassle than looking for a seller.

Manufacturers will tend not to make items for sale at a loss - when there are better ways to level the skill.

To paraphrase.

If you make cheese to sell, would you go sell it for less money than you could get for selling the raw ingredients?

Edited by Raz

Just to provide some feedback from someone who does the daritha quest nearly every day:

If I get wooden shields, iron shields or iron chains, I go directly to NPC and buy because its cheaper than making myself (obtaining 15 wooden shields from drops would take hours. Maybe even a full EL day? And the amount of exp rewarded is ridiculous for that amount of effort) If I get titanium chains, I buy from a bot which I am 99% sure buys from the NPC. So there are four items that I choose not to make because it would be like putting gold coins in a bag and letting it poof.

The rest of the items I make myself and I don't mind doing it. I like the manu exp and the chance for special items. I would make more lower level items to sell them in bulk to other players, but I did that for awhile and it didn't seem to be worth the effort for what the going prices were. Maybe that has changed a bit since I last sold these items and I should revisit the idea. If they could be stacked on a bot, that would be a compelling reason to make more...

I like the newer more expensive items being added. It gives a reason to make and sell those items which is good for all. And would love to see this continue.

However, at this point I doubt I'll ever use the haidir pass on Daritha again because the last time I used it to try to get past leather helms on sun tzu day, I got leather helms again. Lame.

Manufacturers can just manufacture items and fighters can just do daritha and they both get their exp. In some cases is the same person to do both, but don't think that's how it has to be. Maybe you think there should also be a daily with good manufacture exp. Debatable, but a different discussion.

The point here (i think) is that you have a profitable way to lvl up manufacturing. For some reason, it doesn't matter which, there is demand on the market for some items and you can manufacture those. You don't have to do daritha if you don't need att/def exp. You can just manufacture items for the exp and sell them for profit. This is also how real life market works: if you sell something you don't ask your costumer why they need it(well maybe except when somebody wants to buy a gun, a chainsaw, plastic bags and a shovel:D).

Of course, not every item for daritha is worth to be manufactured. If i get titanium chain mails i am not going to use 3 efe and 42 titanium bars to manufacture them. The price for the ings is double than the price for the product. You can easily sell the ings to bots and with the gc you can buy your titanium chain mails. And in the end you still have 15k-18k gc left. That's a big loss if i would manufacture instead. So some items in the game don't worth to be manufactured. No news here, but this is a different problem.

But there is no reason to get mor a/d xp coz of your man lvl. To help manufacturer, all char could get this nice daritha quests.

Finally there is something where being an allrounder is a benefit and you think it is unfair?!