Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

Guild vanished

This morning i logged on and got this message:

Hmm, for some reason, the guild you were part of was canceled, by the guild master.

But, according to Mercator, the guild master wasn't online since more than 7 days.

Any clue what happened?

Piper

Edit: Arg, that should be in "Help me", plz move this post.

Edit2: 2 of my bots still have a guild tag, "q". One, who logs off and on every 5 hours doesnt have a guild tag anymore..

Edited by The_Piper

Dunno about the guild.

But as for the bots, it takes a map change or log off/on to change the guild tag. A bot that hasn't done either of those things would still have the tag. If you restart them, the tags will disappear.

Dunno about the guild.

But as for the bots, it takes a map change or log off/on to change the guild tag. A bot that hasn't done either of those things would still have the tag. If you restart them, the tags will disappear.

Yup, i would guess that too.

But thats not the question :P

What happened to my guild?

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Oh boy.

Yesterday LNX guild turned into MNX guild with 3846 members, no guildmaster, the url was messed up, join info, and the long name messed up. The 20-rank person couldn't change anything, he'd get an error message: "Sorry, you can't set a guild's name unless you are the guildmaster!Your current rank is 20". Eventually we fixed almost everything by having the Rank 20 give somebody else the guild then switched it back again. The only thing wrong for us now is the member count.

There is another guild too with the issue.

The XPLR guild had a similar issue as well.

You're still in EG, right? (Duh but just want to confirm for radu)

XPLR guild was corrected when I looked at this morning without me giving control to another player or restarting client.

No idea on cause or correction.

I see something is messing up guilds at the moment, so if this thread is on that general topic then this picture belongs here:

Yeah, thats one of my bots.

So, do we have any clues what happened?

Do we get our guild back or do we have to create it again or is it doomed forever?

Piper

<snip>

Do we get our guild back or do we have to create it again or is it doomed forever?

Piper

Did you try resetting the information? (Short name, long name, url, description) That worked for us with the only info staying corrupted is the guild member count.

<snip>

Piper

Did you try resetting the information? (Short name, long name, url, description) That worked for us with the only info staying corrupted is the guild member count.

No, nothing like that

I am just waiting for an answer, thats all, not trying to recreate the guld, so radu can have a look what happened.

Piper

Even more messed up for me.

#guild_info XPLR

Guild 7 has 3 members. The guild URL is:
General info: GuiE
Joining the guild:
(I have only 2 members)
#set_name eXPLoRers
Sorry, you can't set a guild's name unless you are the guildmaster!
(I am guildmaster)
#change_guild_owner
Unknown: #change_guild_owner
etc

Now I am guildless and I am (or was) guildmaster and paid for creation of guild.

What is going on?