Eternal Lands Official Forums
saxum

Bug in Collateral Damage Perk

Was harvesting next to someone wearing armor protecting me completely from Radon Damage (Radiation Protection: 6) and the player got Radon damage and I got Collateral Damage but I should be immune to it since I am protected. According to perk 'You get the damage from harvesting events around you.' but in this case I am getting it not from event but fact other player got damage which is not the same thing.

If all was exactly like you described, it does sound like a bug. ANd I'm a little bit surprised to hear so, since I've had Collateral Damage for a while now and found that the armor you wer does indeed have a very significant impact on the collateral damage you receive.

I.o.w. from my experience I'd expect you to get no damage from radon pouches triggered by others when wearing radiation-protection-6-armor :confused:

Well the bug could be the #arm command reports wrong radiation protection and it is not Radiation Protection: 6.

I was wearing a bronze helm for mining since I discovered it gave Radiation Protection: 6.

How much damage did you receive if you remember? Maybe the damage doesn't stay the original type. If the initial event was radiation dmg I wonder if it was converted to standard damage and wearing something with a higher armor value would have reduced it.

Edited by loir

There is definitely a bug with radon pouches. Wearing a rdholam, BD pants, BD greaves, I take no cavern wall damage (event does not happen to me, and I take no damage when it happens to someone else), but with radon pouches, i take 10 damage when it happens to me, but no damage when it happens to someone else. Should be identical, no?

Z

There is definitely a bug with radon pouches. Wearing a rdholam, BD pants, BD greaves, I take no cavern wall damage (event does not happen to me, and I take no damage when it happens to someone else), but with radon pouches, i take 10 damage when it happens to me, but no damage when it happens to someone else. Should be identical, no?

Z

Well that could be explained by the distance that "someon else" is sitting away from you. Starting at some unkown distance from the person triggering the event you won't be harmed by collateral damage anymore. (IIRC, that was confirmed to me by radu personally in PM quite a while back)

Edited by Gwaew

Z

Well that could be explained by the distance that "someon else" is sitting away from you. Starting at some unkown distance from the person triggering the event you won't be harmed by collateral damage anymore. (IIRC, that was confirmed to me by radu personally in PM quite a while back)

I suppose that could be true, but it'd have to be a VERY short distance... I've spent an awful lot of time mining in this combo of gear, and have not seen anyone cause CD to me except at dung (much bigger events). It is definitely odd, though, that I'm seeing the opposite of saxum (in that I'm NOT getting CD from others' radon pouches, while still getting damage from the event myself). My gear adds up to radiation prot 4.

Is it possible that collateral damage from radon pouches are magic damage and not radiation damage, as the event is when it happens to you personally? My gear offers magic protection +8, and it would explain both saxum and I's oddity.

Z

Well, I've done a little experimenting in the mines with different armor combos. It's pretty clear that damage from a radon pouch that happens to _you_ is 30-(rad prot*5), so yes, your bronze helm should protect you. Damage from radon pouches that someone else hits are a different story entirely. It appears that just plain armor rating plays some part (possibly armor*2 of protection?), and it appears magic protection plays some part as well.

Kind of done messing with it, as i'm gonna go back to wearing full protection, but only radu knows if this is a bug or expected behaviour. To me, I would have assumed radon damage should be the same kind of damage whether you hit it or someone else does, but I guess not.

Z

My whole thing with wearing armor is eliminating Radon damage since it is so large and devastating especially when combined with multiple harvesters. I do not care about cave ins and such.