Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infect

120+ Instance

Now, I know this topic has been discussed many times. Radu has made changes to this instance a lot to adjust the outcome gc wise, but I have to stress once again how the drops do not add up to the level of experience and expertise this instance takes.

Now, I don't care about flames, nor what people are going to say about my post, but I am just posting the facts.

Also, I don't have a solution. Let others post about it, but everyone has their own opinion of how to change the instance.

The instance I just finished:

35 giants

45 naspa

4 ice dragons

3 jegos

1 MB

Total GC: 90503

Other drops: 4 ice dragon scales

I know that instance drops are all random drops, but this seems ridiculous. It could have been worse. At least the jegos each dropped 10kgc+. MB dropped 11kgc.

Imagine 5 people doing that instance and getting a cut from it. It most likely will not cover costs (unless all 5 are good players)*

Again, I don't want controversy, but I am just pointing out facts. This instance isn't profittable unless the odds are in your favor, and after being to the ice instance many times, I don't see the odds being in mine or anyones favor often.

*Note: I did not define levels that stated who was a good player nor skill. A good player in an instance is someone who understands the combat system. A/D always helps this case, but doesn't make a great fighter.

Edited by InfectioN

I do not think radu should adjust drops to pay for cost of players who use scales and other methods to go successive days.

It is assumed they are shortening time because it was fun not for farming; there are server limitations on how many instances can be going on.

Maybe drops should drop (pun intended) on repeated instances in same period.

I do not think radu should adjust drops to pay for cost of players who use scales and other methods to go successive days.

It is assumed they are shortening time because it was fun not for farming; there are server limitations on how many instances can be going on.

Maybe drops should drop (pun intended) on repeated instances in same period.

All I have to say is, seriously? I would assume Radu is happy with repeat instances. It means more rostos lost, etc. And why offer the reduction option?

FYI, I didn't reduce for this instance.

Here you got 90k gc in drops. From EL-Wiki, and the list of monsters you gave, it looks like the average gc drop should be about 135-140k. So you had indeed a bad instance.

However, that's one instance. Getting 180-190k should be about as likely (assuming a reasonable distribution of probabilities).

Before adjusting anything, it would be good to have a list of total drops over at least the last 100 ice instances (over all teams), and not just one bad instance. Costs (excluding scales etc. for reducing waiting tile, but ofc. including rostos) would be nice as well.

Instances are not there to line peoples pockets full of GC, they are there for fun and to make a change to the hum drum ordinary EL world. If you dont like this then dont do them...I am getting really sick of miserable whingers and profiteers

Here you got 90k gc in drops. From EL-Wiki, and the list of monsters you gave, it looks like the average gc drop should be about 135-140k. So you had indeed a bad instance.

However, that's one instance. Getting 180-190k should be about as likely (assuming a reasonable distribution of probabilities).

Before adjusting anything, it would be good to have a list of total drops over at least the last 100 ice instances (over all teams), and not just one bad instance. Costs (excluding scales etc. for reducing waiting tile, but ofc. including rostos) would be nice as well.

Agreed, maybe I should keep track of it before making a statement like this. I knew I would get drama, etc. for posting this. Also the comments people have placed below, but I am not doing this to only benefit myself or any situation like that. I am only posting facts and asking for a discussion.

Though, people will see it as whatever they want to see it as.

Instances are not there to line peoples pockets full of GC, they are there for fun and to make a change to the hum drum ordinary EL world. If you dont like this then dont do them...I am getting really sick of miserable whingers and profiteers

See above post. I'm assuming whingers means 'whiners'? If so, I am not whining. Again, I am posting facts in hopes other people have also studied drops from this instance. There also have been posts before about this and its comparison to the 120140 instance. Again, it's a discussion.

As far as my view on instances, I love doing them because of what you said, it makes a change to the ordinary grinding, etc. I will still do them, it's only a discussion

What is the best drop You had in an Ice instance then?

I think the best split I've received in the ice instance is 80kgc/person over a 4man team. Still have yet to receive a nexus stone from bulangiu.

Edited by Infect

Still have yet to receive a nexus stone from bulangiu.

You provided no data on how often you did this instance.

I did the 120-140 instance 150 times approx. and got 2 nexus stones total out of it.

Got my 1st after ~100 instances, so maybe you have to do some more :sneaky:

What are the costs for the instance per man? I thought only the dragons were ranged? Last team I went with we took he & srs and only ~100 arrows each for the dragons - so later say 3.5k for the arrows, soo maybe 10k total for the costs. 5 man you dont need to pay an enter.

And do bear in mind - this was a bad instance. If you get a pair of red helms, thats another 140k in the pot.

If this is about the pr0 instance i have said this time and time again... the nasp/blued chance was a bad idea in the first place. secondly... I have done hundreds of pr0 instances and only gotten about 3-4 nexus removals from bulangiu before it changed... the chance was already crap and the average gc was 25k. NOT including if you break armor/weps. so glad i don't do them much anymore and on top of it a lot of people who think they know what they are talking about when it comes to average drops they truly never did instance the pr0 that much because i don't ever recall seeing them at BH.

- solo

Raz it depends of course on the a/d of the players, but for a 120+ instance a team that is between 120 and 150 a/d should take 1500 he's 520 srs, and lets say 1.2k arrows with them (with that amount you should have a leftover of 300 he 100 srs and maybe 200 arrows if all goes well )

So lets calculate with a useage of 1200*9 (NPC price of he) + 420*15 (srs) + 1000*35 (pking Arrows) = 52100gc

The cooldown periode is 150 hours thats about 20kgc if you use them. That makes the costs per player a bit over 10kgc(on a 5 man team more if less players go) if no cooldown item is used, and up to a bit over 30kgc if fully removed cooldown.

The average drops are in sum somewhere around 150kgc which would make it not quite break even on a 5 man team, of course if you go with less people you can get more easy over break even (you can die more easy too) and the higher the players the less ressources they need.

In any case you can expect to loose money if you want to farm the 120+ (go more then 1 time every day, Break even if you go every day, and make a profit if you go less then every 2 days

And there is the change for the big money, so yes the 120 140 is better, but its not so bad that one needs to complain about. At least thats my opinion

I think the 120-140 is simply more fun and that is mainly why I prefer it much over the 120+. The fun in the 120-140 comes mainly from the requirement to make decisions all the time how to proceed. I know at least 3 different interesting ways how to do the 1st wave. Also in the first two waves the team has to make good decisions whether to retreat or to advance, and sometimes checking in too adventurous players. Many of the bricks poof because somebody is running ahead, thus drawing the team into a dangerous situation, especially in the 2nd wave. Avoiding this requires good and sometimes complex team work, that is challenging and fun! This element is pretty much much absent in the 120++.

I think the main reason for this is that the map in the 120++ is too wide. The mob spreads out and there is no problem taking them on one by one. Compare for instance the nasp wave in 120-140 and 120++. In the 120-140 the nasp are crammed into a small space. We usually have to lure them out a bit, switch tanks, often on the fly, or get mobbed in and have to hastily retreat etc..This makes it much more interesting than when the nasp are running all over the map like in the 120+ ... well apart from finding the last nasp, but for that sort of entertainment you can do also the skunk daily from Haidir.

I agree with a lot of what has been said. Would love to see changes like a new map and/or slightly better drops. The way it is now, you will make more money on the average being the enter than you will if you go in and fight. That seems backwards. :S Not too mention saving yourself the time and risk of breaking stuff or losing rostos. So more encouraging to sit out than to go??

True, instances are about fun, but would love to see it be just a bit more profitable. Maybe this part can be easily adjusted by increasing the chance for oranges? Maybe make it so MB/Bula *always* drop oranges in instance...

Edited by littlebro2

Of course instances are invented to fill your pockets, but probably not on purpose and for SURE only for few chosen one. Why? Let me tell you why.

120+ instance was farmed constantly by a group of people at beginning, the top50 players you could say. Over and over they earn a lot of coin. When other of us reach this level instance was changed to not give such big profit (especially when reducing time). Time reducing is another thing, days ago I could go and kill RD myself to get scales for me, friends and even for sale. Now stivy serps it all the time and has monopoly on the scales.

But back to subject. So 120+ drops were limited, harder mobs were introduced. All that because of top players for which it was way too easy. Now the same players are doing WTF instance (which gives WAY BETTER PROFIT) and don’t give a shit about 120+. Us however (people who finally can go 120+) got shitty instance and explanation that instance is not for gold farming.

In short, quote from George Orwell fits here perfectly: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

Edited by Devnul

I agree with everything said, but I do want to make one point. If you make map smaller, this instance will go faster. It is the only thing holding it back. I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing 1.5hr instances or less with the current map.

My idea (and simple solution) for 'fixing' 120+ instance: make always 2x Bula instead of Bulas or MB. This way at least we can count on nex-rem on each instance.