Eternal Lands Official Forums
saxum

How to set forums so I do not need to change to 'Full Version'?

Sometimes, even without me logging off or closing browser, I get the partial forums where you need to click 'Full Version'. Any way to change this setting?

Frankly, no idea what you mean...

Could you post a screen shot or two showing partial and full versions? And perhaps tell us what browser and OS you are using?

That looks like you clicked on the "mobile" theme.

Bottom left of page where it says "Change Theme".

Do you accidentally click on that upon occasion?

(Although I have no idea what that vertical strip of little icons on the left is you are showing)

Vertical strip is toolbar for Firefox. No I never clicked mobile link and it comes up often for some reason and no Idea why which is why I posted.

Never used a mobile browser in my life, I am strictly stone age.

Aisy is right...that function (option to view in full version) is found only in the "IP.Board Mobile" selection of the "Change theme" link at the bottom of the page. however, I also don't know why your browser defaults to the moblie version. maybe if you do a force reload (Ctrl+F5) while on the full version, you could force the browser to "remember" the option for you.

Or, you can clear your cache and prefs by:

1. Open a blank tab, or go to google.com, making sure you only have one tab open.
  2. Click the Firefox Tab
  3. Click Options
  4. Click the Advanced tab
  5. Click Network tab
  6. Click the "Clear Now" button in the Cached Web Content section
  7. Wait for it to finish clearing
  8. Click the OK button at the bottom of the dialog box

Usually, the changes are done immediately, but best to restart your browser.

LMK if the issue stays the same after this.

Latest change to forums has made it impossible for me to use my version of Firefox to post on forums so the issue is not going to occur again unless I figure out what changed and what is causing issue. Using Google Chrome now but view is much worse on quoted posts.

Latest change to forums has made it impossible for me to use my version of Firefox to post on forums so the issue is not going to occur again unless I figure out what changed and what is causing issue. Using Google Chrome now but view is much worse on quoted posts.

Change to use the standard Theme that seems to fix it - using the current Firefox (Aurora on Alpha channel)

heh tried to quote but it didn't work for me since this board is screwed but as Saxum said above the quotes are screwed for me too.

I can only see the upper part of the quote box with the name and date the quote is from but below that the text is not boxed in at all and melts together with the rest of the text the person quoting types..

Thought it was just the boards grudge against me that does it so kinda just took it and tried to figure out what was the quote and what was the answer in posts..

Only since the latest update on the board my issues started so they probably haven't set the board up to be compatible with IEs later browsers.

Since Chrome has the same issues with the quote boxes in posts it might be a bug on the board causing it?

On the mobile theme now to see if this allows me to do anything the IP something one didn't even let me type in a post and the EL theme said "Your post is empty" even though I had all the text above in here..

OMG the mobile version of the board is "Normal" for me lol not that great to look at though but oh well.

Edited by Entris

We don't set forums up to be compatible or not compatible with any browser. And what on earth are you using IE for? It's the most insecure browser out there. If I ran a site and had to choose which browser I'd sacrifice, it would be IE in a heartbeat.

And yes, you have to change your theme from EL to regular ipboard (you don't have to do mobile) to get the quoting to work right and not get the empty post problem.

also using firefox (26.0).

at first the quote window did not seem to work, so i cleared my browser cache. worked well now. here's how:

• right-click on open forum page
  • choose View Page Info
  • select Security icon on top
  • click View Cookies button
  • click Remove All Cookies button
  • click Close
  • close Page Info window
the forums may look strange after this, but all you have to do is to log back in, then choose the correct theme you want then restart the browser.

worked for me :)

BTW - IE sux big time!!!

Edited by DibClark

I was typing a response but everything got screwed (again) and disappeared so will make this lots shorter and give up lol pressed the erase button because I mistyped and got sent 2 pages back instead..

@Aisy - I ment the board programmers probably stopped caring about making the board compatible with IE, lots of company's do and it gets more and more common because MS doesn't care about IE and it gets left behind in updates (sometimes Way behind).

I use it because they have the favourite setup that I like, FF had it before but it was removed in one of their updates a long time ago and haven't been back since.

I use IP.Board. theme now and it is also bugged(?), only theme I can use with out any bugs (that I know atm) is the Mobile version.

Can't quote a post, when I press quote it scrolls down to the fast reply box but the quote is not there.

Edit: Cleared my cookies and the rest of the crap several times (usually the normal issue when shit happens) but it doesn't help.

(was even hard for me to be able to type the edit, didn't want to accept that I clicked in the box to get the prompt and type.)

Edited by Entris

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.