Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smokey_THC

Would it be a good idea to be able to buy exp?

I am going to say no. We have enough gold sinks as it is and this only ensures that people with the most gc are going to get more exp than everyone one else. Not to mention, rl money aspect, buy a bunch of eme or rostos from the store, sell in game, instant millionaire.

At 1 gc/xp. I would have no issue. 4million gc can take a lot longer to earn than to 4million xp. And, why not flush that down instead of buying nexus removals and hydro bars.

I say, sure, let the noobs buy there ad with gold coins. Might take a lot of gc's out of game, though remember, the new players need to keep the economy going by using it for the many many many many items created.

Even at at 10xp/1gc it's still not a great deal, but supposing you found some acceptable ratio, it's not an insane idea -- all the mixing skills have ways (skill schools) to effectively convert gc to xp.

who could benefit... New Players, whats this game need New Players and at 1exp for 1gc it would be perfect cause u dont want players only buying the exp and getting gold out of the game would benefit the economy and if u didnt want to buy the exp u dont have to but the option would be nice.

It would mostly go towards new alts so someone could have another alr for instances. Not a good idea.

NOTE: You can already buy attack xp at 1:1 rate from a certain god by doing some quests for him if you build them in your sto and spam add/remove god ;p.

how about u buy the training and u get what you pay for, like if you buy 100k exp for 100k gc you will train on a dummy until you reached 100k exp then it would stop and it doesnt even have to be attack and defense it could be other skills with other objectives.

No.

First, I think buying experience is a bad idea in itself, and some of the dailies resemble experience buying too closely for comfort (Daritha).

Second, there are already enough ways to get extra a/d experience. Already before the introduction of dailies, a/d was the fastest way to get experience. Now, with the different daily quests, that has been accentuated.

Finally, with only a/d experience, and no pickpoints, you won't be able to fight the high level creatures (or players) anyway. Your attributes are important as well, and for those you need PP, i.e. OA experience (or lots and lots of gc...)

(as an aside, do you realise how much gc you would need for it to be interesting? L50 requires almost 1.8 million experience, L60, over 3.5 million, and that is per skill)

No! You can already change $$$ for a lot of gc. What would be the point of the game if anyone could just buy exp with $$$? What would be actually left to be played?

No...

1) As was mentioned, skill schools are essentially "buying xp" already. Though you still have to work for it by collecting ings. Buy ings, burn off the ings in a skill school on a school day, there's your "buying xp". Buy a school day stone and get even xp. (I've bought/used over 10 School Day stones myself, it works, if you put the work into it.)

2) No a/d, summon, magic? Buy a tzu/magic/summon day stone. You're buying xp by using it.

We already have ways to "buy xp" in the game. Indirectly.

Edited by Burn

There are already so many ways to buy experience points or get it for almost free so no.

The game needs more challenge and not more easy experience.

Allthough Burn brings up some very excellent points, there is one problem with the Sun Tzu stone. because, when used you don't have any guarantee that you can get the full exp (it is very busy on spawns on Sun Tzu day). I think it would be a good idee to have a personal Sun Tzu stone in the game that only works for you.

i say it mostly to get the gc out of the game

Really? Nexus stones, dragon armors, nmt cloaks, the never ending supply of rostos, harvester meds, removal stones, ranging (that alone can sink a whole lot of gc), all these items suck gc faster than you can make them. Half the fun of the game is leveling. Let's all buy our way to the top and then what? Have a waiting line to farm the dragons? Move on to another game because this one is mastered by people with more real life money than brain matter? Again I say no.

Really? Nexus stones, dragon armors, nmt cloaks, the never ending supply of rostos, harvester meds, removal stones, ranging (that alone can sink a whole lot of gc), all these items suck gc faster than you can make them.

Most of those things don't drain gc out of the game, just move it to another player's pocket.

Anyway if I was still playing, I'd say no too.

who could benefit... New Players, whats this game need New Players and at 1exp for 1gc it would be perfect cause u dont want players only buying the exp and getting gold out of the game would benefit the economy and if u didnt want to buy the exp u dont have to but the option would be nice.

Not really. New players want one time quests that give a full level. They want satisfaction at their current level. Best way to keep new players is to come up with things that give them the same sense of achievement that high level people get. For example, in 30s and 40s a/d invasions, add a very easy monster with 6K HP that only has 30 a/d. New players will feel pr0 when they kill it in a group and they will be more motivated to stay. They will use HE/SRs, etc.. and there's your gold sink.

If you haven't noticed, new players are not interested in 3x school days, invances, etc.. They do haidir daily because the satisfaction of completing a quest task makes them feel pr0.

Edit: BTW, I personally have nothing against your suggestion since everyone is entitled to their opinions and suggestions :) But I think what you are asking for is something we already too much of :) and your targeted audience (new players) are unlikely to be interested.

Edited by hussam