Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FrozenSolid

Level Requirement Quests

Most quests in EL (besides dailys) can be done at any point in the game...At 160 a/d or from the moment you arrive on IP as a noobie. Because of this most of us do 90% of these quests from levels 0-100 which right fully so because at levels higher then that the reward experience becomes completely insignificant for example i think the highest a/d exp for a regular quest is what 200k? at level 140+ that means basically nothing.

Back to what I said about doing all these quest at 0-100 it leaves little to do at the higher levels besides epicly grindddd. I understand why the regular quests dont give awesome exp like 1 Mil a/d exp...because a noob could do it and be in his 70's in seconds.

So my suggestion here is level/skill requirements on some new quests. So when you talk to the NPC and he rambles on about the quest at the end it says, (Example.... Requirements: A/D 130/130+) (Example...Requirements: A/D 140/140+ and Potion 60+) etc.

Just an example quest...sorry im bored...

Robin Tell Gets Married!

(Requirements 120+ A/D & 50+ Range)

NPC: Robin Tell is getting married and he needs your help to throw the best wedding ever! First thing you need to do is invite your guests! Go speak to Lasud and get the invite list she knows every one!

Lasud: Here is the invite list now go and drop each person on the list there invites! (Like 25-30 different NPCs through out the 2 continents) So you must visit each of these different NPCs and drop off there invite(kinda cool experience to maybe explore places you dont usually go) The last npc on the list tell you to return to the original NPC that gave the quest.

NPC: Great! You have given all the invites out! Next thing you need to do is get a venue to throw the wedding at. Go speak with Lord Luxin and convince him to let you use his Castle!

Lord Luxin: He asks you for a favor (Some what difficult or at least time consuming) and upon completing his favor he allows you to use his castle as a venue. return to original NPC

NPC: Excellent Invites are out, we have our venue...next we need Flowers! Go talk to the Flower shop owner in Portland and see if she will take the job.

Flower Shop NPC: Send you on a mission to gather a few thousand flowers spread through out the 2 continents before she agrees. once again make it some what difficult. then return to original NPC

NPC: Invites...Check....Venue...Check.....Flowers....Check.....Food.....Food.... what the hell!! We have noo food! Go visit Reca at the IP tavern and see if she will Cater the Wedding for us!

Reca: Sends you on another side mission....involving possibly gathering meat from certain animals, and harvesting different foods around the maps. make it interesting lol. Then she agrees and we return to the NPC

NPC: Great we got food! But still need the most important part of every wedding! The Cake! go speak with Hyutan see if he will bake one of his finest masterpieces!

Hyutan: sends you once again on a mission around the maps looking for ingrediants for his cake. Then return to the NPC!

NPC: Fantastic we have everything we need for the wedding! But theres one more thing. Robin Tell needs to find him self a heroic ranger to be his best man/maid of honor at the wedding! So prove your excellence by killing 6 creatures from specific locations with a bow.

A Wolf-From the top of the lamp post in VoTD

A Snake-From the top of the staircase in Naralik (Where Ardur the book seller is)

A Goblin-From the Fort in Morraven Marsh

A Troll-From Behind the Wall in SKF

A DCW-From the cliffs in Bethel

A Yeti-From the walls in Irinveron

After you recieve your pop ups of completing the above 6 kills return to NPC for reward

Reward: 1 Million A/D Exp, 300K Range Exp, Archery Arena Ticket

Hope you enjoyed was just for fun, but seriously so many oppurtunities here!

But why do quests that will exclude a large part of the EL community?

Shouldn't the quests be so that at least most of the players in EL could do them?

True there should be some higher levelled ones that would need a higher level in a skill or two but setting that high limits would just be bad imo better to keep the needed level at a reachable level that can trigger ppl to go the extra mile to do it rather then just give up because getting there would be too hard and take years.

Just like we have instance and invances that require a certain level, this could be something to make it worth to get that one extra level, or to celebrate when you have become eligible

I like this idea and the example, something to work towards.

I just think you meant yeti in Iscal ;)

Agree, think 100+ in all skill and you do ultimate quest :P

I think.. maybe new haidir dailys, red drag, blk drag, icy.. etc :) Any level can kill those, just range np.

I think.. maybe new haidir dailys, red drag, blk drag, icy.. etc :) Any level can kill those, just range np.

Dailies on single-spawn creatures would cause problems on many levels. We've already seen problems with single spawns just in general play. The only thing that makes the current haidirs work is that there's other spawns for people training or farming.

But why do quests that will exclude a large part of the EL community?

Shouldn't the quests be so that at least most of the players in EL could do them?

True there should be some higher levelled ones that would need a higher level in a skill or two but setting that high limits would just be bad imo better to keep the needed level at a reachable level that can trigger ppl to go the extra mile to do it rather then just give up because getting there would be too hard and take years.

Forgive me if im wrong here, but how is it any different the the Alchemy/Potion/etc.. tutorial quests. Basically they have level requirements on them, in order to finish you must level each of those skills to a level you can make the toughest item in that skill. You can BEGIN them at any time but cannot finish. And rightfully so because the tutorials provide an extreme amount of experience. Thats basically all im talking about here. Quests that provide a reasonable amount of exp for our level difference. And man make them tough :) I wanna work!....but please no more breaking st00f quests...they make me head hurt :(

Just like we have instance and invances that require a certain level, this could be something to make it worth to get that one extra level, or to celebrate when you have become eligible

I like this idea and the example, something to work towards.

I just think you meant yeti in Iscal ;)

and yess yeti in iscalrith good catch maxi o/

Every quest should not be like Haidir's where you need to do no work but just let someone else damage creature to almost dead and then kill it with a ring of power. I know some who 'completed' it with under 40 A/D.

Some quests already require (quite poorly IMO) level like daily engineering quest where you can be level 25 Engineer and need to turn in level 56 items.

Some perks (like Collateral Damage Perk) require level to obtain.

I think the idea has value and should be investigated.

My point is, that at level 80 potions, if your gonna spend time on a quest, it should at least get you close to a level a few 100k exp. But you cant leave a quest like that open to the entire EL public because if some one level 8 Potion does it...all of a sudden they level 40 levels in a heart beat. Which isnt fair to those of us who had to struggle through those first 40~ annoying levels of a skill.

By the way...not talking about dailys here. I mean actual quests. One time only deals.