Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
loir

Replace new daritha item with Titanium Serpent Sword

I suggest replacing the new daritha item with titanium serpent sword. The current cost of the sword is just slightly more than 3 titanium chains, and it would be a good way for EFEs and serpent stones to leave the game.

Hard to comment on that without knowing the original item and the reward that goes with it...

(and sometimes it's nice to be surprised by a daily, so personally I'd rather not learn it here)

Edited by revi

I've had the quest and the reward is at market value for the greaves, Also, a ti serp requires 5 arti to manufacture and the greaves only need an arti 4. I think that is adequate for a mid range quest.

I think what he's referring to is Ti chains. I would agree if that was the case. Ti chains require no manu since they can be purchased from the defense god. Ti serp requires manu.

I was referring to replace the new item with tit serp, not replacing tit chains. The new item is roughly twice the cost of the previous most expensive item (over 30K gc at time of post)

I don't think the ability to manufacture the items really plays a role into who does the quest or not. I bet most of the players who are able to mix the new item are able to make tit serps also, and I think if there was a demand for tit serp there would be plenty on the market.

So, the new item gives a reward at current market value for the item (perhaps a bit less, but this confirms what I heard in guild) and requires less nexus than the serpent sword. And there's no market in the serpent sword..

I suppose in case of a replacement, the reward would be adjusted as well, so would that be a good thing?

Don't forget that there's a nice rare item associated with greaves as well (and a modable serpent sword can't be used for anything, so could as well be counted as a critical fail: loss of ingredients with no usable product)

No need to change to Titanium Serpent Sword. At least w/new item chance of mixer getting special item. If more Titanium Serpent Swords we will get more modable Titanium Serpent Swords which are useless since can not be mixed despite box for items.

I certainly would be in support of _adding_ tit serp to Daritha quest (I'd generally be in support of adding more possibilities to any daily, as long as rewards are suitable, although most are well varied as it is).  Why would you want to get rid of the new one though?  Reward is _excellent_ XP for very little gc loss.  Was quite happy to get it the other day.  Much bigger gc loss for tit chains for less xp.

Z