Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luciferx

Split KF in Half

The solution to the KF rosto or no rosto controversy.... and im sure this would increase pk...

Im suggesting you split KF in half with a decorative divider... maybe different color grass or trees or some shit.. Radu & Co. here have come up with some pretty genius stuff and Im sure it can be done in a smart way that looks good....

Make the north half of the map you lose a rosto and the other half u dont lose a rosto or vice versa.... let the people chase each other back and forth or pk ojn whichever side they want to ;)

also while ur at it, Give us our brod and special weapons back which are useless now! Poof every Mage skirt in the game and turn it into equal value gc so players get compensated and lets never use that shit again... also disable the formula in the mix window let that thing never be mixed again. (maybe make it $100 in webshop since it does what red cape does rare it would not be so bad) caps make mana bars more than high enough for 2 guys to whack each other back and forth for 10 minutes straight before someone tele's out they dont need an overpowered skirtt giving them more mana and doing what red cape does!

Then put the mercury back in kf on the lose a rosto side... even if someone was to successfully farm it for hours (which would not happen anyway) NOONE CARES and it wont have any effect on the economy. Noone is die hard profiting or using mercury. Maybe 1% of players will even mix with it in the next week.

Let the fun begin!

Edited by LuciferX

It wouldn't hurt so much so i'm inclined to agree however I think only the cotu perk should be removed from mage pants.

besides, people fighting casty with cotu cloaks would be a good way to poof some gc.. and who doesn't love that nice red colour :mace:

Edited by bigkav

I agree with Luci, make also AK47 available from shopt with 1000HP damage per shoot (based on ranging skill) for 500$ and nuclear missle (kills all players on map, puts radiation damage for 3h 100HP/min) for 1000$.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

I agree with Luci, make also AK47 available from shopt with 1000HP damage per shoot (based on ranging skill) for 500$ and nuclear missle (kills all players on map, puts radiation damage for 3h 100HP/min) for 1000$.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

LOL are you drunk? read my post it is not so crazy a thought that the mage pants are a bit overpowered with the COTU perk and +mana... Anopther player even agreed with me... Your post however is ridiculous and based on me stealing 1 too many dragons from you or a lot of alchahol ;)

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

LOL are you drunk? read my post it is not so crazy a thought that the mage pants are a bit overpowered with the COTU perk and +mana... Anopther player even agreed with me... Your post however is ridiculous and based on me stealing 1 too many dragons from you or a lot of alchahol ;)

Ok, ok (BTW, I totally forgot about these RDs, now Stivy is top #1 serper which I hate) maybe I overreacted. Just pissed on the idea making COTU only from shop.

Back to the subject. I think that empty PK areas won’t be solved by that, sorry. IMHO the root of the issue lies somewhere else.

Peace!

modifying the cape so casty can be tanked with a COTU would not be hard.. make it casti-proof with 1 line of programming

Luci, do this all for what? To bring (in your opinion) PK back to live? I doubt it will, really. Like I said, the problem is somewhere else.

Maybe some PKers can explain why they don’t PK anymore. I can make a statement as person which doesn’t PK much. Why? Because there are more interesting and giving more fun (profit too!) things to do!

Since we got instances, invances or simple invasions started often, I prefer to cooperate, make friends, not kill and make foes.

This is my humble opinion.

well what i see is usual we want to pk everyone who goes on a map no matter who suggestion. I do not like it.

What i think that we need for players who want to pk bring in some more fun stuff without rewards, like a version of Capture the flag,

Make it this way, teams collects on 2 doors, when there is set number X (make it 5 per team) the game starts, during the fight, people need to capture one small room in the others area, that team wins, make that map non drop and people respawn on that map, and people will use it for fun and to test how good their teams are against each other.

poofing mage skirts will ultimately end the same way pk wise for many given reasons... in my opinion lets say you take away 60mana you still have emps/mana drain from bears or vice versa. you talk about long fights luci but when people gain armor compared to lose it (full ice dragon) the thermals would be useless anyways and brod would be harder to hit against higher armor aswell.

How to fix PK

This is not complete, but some some suggestions.....

1) Get rid of engineering bombs.

2) Fix magic system so that there are no 250HP harms. Adjust magic protection spell, and nix magic immunity.

3) Stop the instance/invance/invasion farming, and daily quests, global quests and non stop special days. These things take time for rewards that everyone feels required to do them. Distracting their time with these things, subtracts from the time and resources required for pk.

4) Put resources that are needed and can only be found in pk maps, people need a reason to go. Give them one.

5) Limit guilds to 10, or 15 memebers

6) Get rid of Brod, or change it to do something else, other than break equipment. I personally have never feared brod that much, but a lot of people are very scared of it.

7) Bring back rostos, forget no drop maps, except perhaps the DP arena for new players to learn pk skills.

8) Best training spawns in pk areas only, Lets say, Yeti and up. If you can train yeti, LO and dragons. you can probably survive long enough in pk to run away. Makes more team work in guilds, and keeps people on their toes. Could even set caps on say fluffy spawns as a PK map to 100a/d etc. But with reward should come risk.

9) Stop being friends with everyone. Go out and make some enemies!

IMHO (and I'm a 'new' player -- true new as of about a year and a half ago) one of the most broken things about PK in this game is the ridiculous 'privacy' setting. I know of no other multiplayer game that allows you to completely hide your capabilities from a possible opponent. I have no desire to face somebody where I don't have a clue whether I'm just going to beat them down, or they'll beat me down, it's no fun at all when I don't even have an idea if I have a chance of winning. Yeah, for the best players you can go to the top 200 page and sort-of try to figure out where they stand, but it's a huge pain in the ass. Get rid of privacy or implement some sort of indicator in-game of where a player stands relative to you.

Z

Some have no interest in PK - if it is a PK dominated game like Wizzy's suggestion change tutorial to:

1. Buy expensive items, go on PK map and get killed until you lose it

2. Repeat 1 with different expensive items

3. Repeat 1 on different map

What some people say by PK is being able to kill someone who has no chance and take items.

Some have no interest in PK - if it is a PK dominated game like Wizzy's suggestion change tutorial to:

What some people say by PK is being able to kill someone who has no chance and take items.

True, but who would really have interest in a game where you log on and do the same thing over and over and over and over an.......d over.

How many times can you do the 120-200 invance? If there was not a massive experince reward, would people still do it?

make 5v5 pvp arenas where errbody is capped at 100, and enter queue with team

no item drops, but you gain ranking for top list

gogo

True, but who would really have interest in a game where you log on and do the same thing over and over and over and over an.......d over.

How many times can you do the 120-200 invance? If there was not a massive experince reward, would people still do it?

PK should be between willing opponents not attacking people just because you are can kill them or are powerful enough to take stuff from person because they are lower level or are doing something else like harvesting and carrying equipment to kill. Those people are just bullies. Too bad there was no OA experience penalty for attacking the weak.

Would be nice if there was a King's tournament with spectators so champions could fight and others not be attacked or be able to interfere. Rules for different rounds would include rules on which weapons/armor could be used, etc. Those who wanted close seats would need to be properly dressed (reason for tailoring skill) pay admittance while the rabble sufficed with bench seats.

I like wizzy ide, but agree that there should be some exp penalty or temporary a/d decrease after killing weaker player. effect like old ts pots did

I suggest gain or loose experience equal to [ (att+def+mag+phys+coord+hitpoints+armour)_opponent - (att+def+mag+phys+coord+hitpoints+armour)_player ] as percentage of the XP necessary to gain your next OA. Values are the values as modified by gear.

That would allow PK without problem and make attractive if you attack people superior to your level and deter preying on victims instead of opponents.

EDIT: It only makes sense disallow negative values for players who did not deal the first blow (i.e. minimum XP gain of 0 instead of -oo) as to disallow depriving players of XP if they are not aggressive.

Edited by Elke

make 5v5 pvp arenas where errbody is capped at 100, and enter queue with team

no item drops, but you gain ranking for top list

gogo

I had this discussion in guild. Like an invance, but a "flag" capture game. Teams picked at random, two people from the same guild could be on opposing teams, I like the idea of capping the levels, everyone equal footing. Up to 120 no drop, 120+ drop (any armor goes, I don't want to hear complaining that so and so is in auggies). The reward could be winners get gold coins and exp bonus, losers could get a lesser exp bonus (120+ losers get 0).

I don't pk, so I don't know, but one thing that was told to me is PKI killed pk in el. An idea I worked up was to have pki tick back to 0. If you haven't pk'd anyone in some time, the counter counts back to 0. If you are at negative numbers it counts up to 0. I don't know if this would encourage people to pk more, but it couldn't hurt.

Go ahead and rip my ideas to shreds, I am used to it. :happy:

+1 :medieval:

great all round PK suggestions

at mo u can only BroD nubs, but u arnt alound to BRoB nubs :bangwall: so...

great plan to remove COTU from mage pants

BRoD used to be a real and dangerous threat in PK aswell as loosing ur rosto, which isnt there anymore

also might make people be a bit nicer in general, ya know if they cant hide behind COTU NMT HoLaM combo in pk areas :whistle: