Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rabbitman

No More Mirroring Cape

NMT+Mirror Combined Cape  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a new cape which gave both Mirror Skin perk and No More Tears perk if it were breakable (with a low rate similar to thermal serps)?

• Yes for any situation.
    • Yes for invance/instance/invasion.
    • Yes for pking.
    • Yes for training.
    • No for any situation.

Hey all,

I was talking with Entropy the other day about a new cape to add to the game. The idea was for a cape that would give both Mirror Skin perk and No More Tears perk, but have a break chance. I think it would be used fairly frequently, but Entropy thinks people wouldn't use it because they would be afraid it would break. So my question is, would you use this cape if it were implemented?

Thanks,

RM

Edited by Rabbitman

I’m not a tank, but a hitter-ranger, so I wouldn’t use it.

BUT, if it would be Body Piercing instead of Mirror, then for sure I would use it on invance/instance/invasion. Even with the risk of breaking it (as I do use other items now).

Problem with bp+nmt combo is the cape would never really break, since capes break when you get hit and you would only use sucha cape when you were just hitting.

Honestly, this a great idea Rabbitman. I believe that suggestions like that adds innovation and diversity to the way some items are used in the game. My vote is that I will use this item in Invasions/invances/instances, although I rarely ever fight. :lurker:

Pking? what's that? Tbh though someone who would use it for any situation is an idiot, not like it has warranty on it, like therm if you buy one from shop for x amount of days.

It's an ok idea.. but i don't think much would take it. Even if they do, would be most higher up fighters and not alot would take it anyway, specially if you working as a team, only 1-2 people tank max, not 20 people would need the cape. (Or people that do hard invasions/instances, and we all know the people that do invasions are almost the same everytime), and most of them have the mirror perk. Radu benefits more form them having the perk anyways because thats 7 nexus removals, and 350 hydro bars, not something gold can easily buy, since everyone wants nexus removals. Just my opinion. Don't forget mirror greaves, and mirorr perk would suck.

Edited by ISnipe

I think it would be a nice idea, but as mentioned before, combined with other perk than mirror. We have greaves of mirroring, cape and we can take the perk itself. It would be better with fatal man or iglow, becouse i think these perks are worth risking destroying the nmt cape. And it would be also useful for hitters, not only the tank.

Edited by Kabat

I would not use it, As said above there are mirror greaves. If it was something completely different than what we already have then perhaps depending on what it is.

So why should it have to break! ?

Because .. erm well - The Economy ofc :D

But let's be honest about it. I always wanted to have a No more warlock cape, but i have not found another orange cape in years.. So if it is to be nice for tailors (and cloth designers) Maybe the result would look like whis:

NMT%2BM.pngnmt%2Btest.png

Btw , can someone fix this non-uniform stretching PLEASE ? Plus the capes are too short when you wear skirts.

I have the NMT perk so I can wear mirror cape. I had mirror perk, but was unhappy with spawning giants on myself. So having NMT perk allows me to turn mirror on/off. I would greatly enjoy this cape so I can remove 7 pp and still get the bonus of both perks I am wanting.

No. I have enough troubles trying to find my own NMT cloak as it is, so I can remove the perk.

If you are going to go this route, make a cloak of the attack, NMT, BP and Mirror rolled into one. Then you can make a cloak of many colors and roll a FR, PS, and harvest into one.

I think the fact that it breaks will mean it is ever used same as the NMW. So how about when it breaks - it breaks to a normal NMT.

topic: "no more mirroring" sounds like a cape which either prevents you from receiving mirrors or to prevent you from giving mirrors.....so kind of confusing name at the very least.

No. I have enough troubles trying to find my own NMT cloak as it is,

Then clean up your storage, it will be easier to find.

If you think there is too many of nmt capes, maybe they could be used for buying nexuses? :P

The capes would double in price, how about two capes for 1 nexus directly at NPC. No trading into a stone.

I think the fact that it breaks will mean it is ever used same as the NMW. So how about when it breaks - it breaks to a normal NMT.

Brilliant idea. Now I can vote yes with a clear conscience. You may loose a few binding stones on the way.. and radu will be happy :icon13:

This would be great

NMW is the perfect example of an unused cape with great attribs.

We already have greaves of mirroring, cape of mirroring, perk of mirroring. I would think the other perks - evanescence, iglow - deserve a cape of their own.

I voted no out of principle because I think this is just a way to get some leverage to get something in game that you want in order to make things easier for you in instances...sorry if that sounds harsh

I voted no out of principle because I think this is just a way to get some leverage to get something in game that you want in order to make things easier for you in instances...sorry if that sounds harsh

Believe what you want of course, but I already own mirror greaves and can get this effect that way if I choose. I made yhis suggestion since I believe it would benefit the game, not as much so it would just benefit me personally.

@morrigan: I know Rabbitman and I know that he rather would make instances more challenging than easier.

You can look at it in two ways. There isn't exactly an abundance of mirror capes on the market so combining the mirror cape and NMT into something that makes mirror last longer can be a good thing.

But being able to use mirror without sacrificing NMT makes instances easier rather than more challenging and it is too powerful in my opinion.

Edited by hussam