Eternal Lands Official Forums
LongMustache

EL crashes video driver.

EL and my cideo driver crashs at the same time. Happens at random and relativelly often. Im usually browsing with mozilla or watching vids when it happens (although thats all i ever do).

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated, Nvidia GeForce GT 635m fully updated.

Windows event log:

23:31:47 INFORMATION
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available

23:31:47 INFORMATION
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available

23:31:46 WARNING
Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

23:31:45 ERROR
Faulting application name: el.exe, version: 1.9.3.0, time stamp: 0x4f286727
Faulting module name: ig7icd32.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f175ce4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0029e49e
Faulting process id: 0x69f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb63bd332ed0d
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Eternal Lands\el.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\ig7icd32.dll
Report Id: 6db57764-2244-11e3-a1d9-decfbbd0eafd

23:31:44 INFORMATION
The Diagnostic System Host service entered the running state.

23:31:43 INFORMATION
The Windows Error Reporting Service service entered the running state.

23:31:42 INFORMATION
The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

23:31:42 INFORMATION
A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (4)

Any ideas?

Edited by Helklo

Go to your laptop manufacturer and get the nvidia drivers they have for that model..

The latest drivers from Nvidia can cause a problem at times especially with laptops..

Make sure you have "New Selection" checked under troubleshoot tab in the settings.

In the video tab "limit fps" set to 30 as that is all EL really needs..

This will allow smoother game play under Win7.

Good Luck, D

Go to your laptop manufacturer and get the nvidia drivers they have for that model..

The latest drivers from Nvidia can cause a problem at times especially with laptops..

Make sure you have "New Selection" checked under troubleshoot tab in the settings.

In the video tab "limit fps" set to 30 as that is all EL really needs..

This will allow smoother game play under Win7.

Good Luck, D

hi, thanks for your reply. Lenovo drivers are 11months old, which would cause problems for other games. So I cannot really do it (not to mention, the drivers were almost 2months old and the problem was still there before i updated).

Edited by Helklo

laptop boards are very perculiar as to drivers.. especially nvidia, but also ati chipsets..

have u had problems with any other games..

the updates I checked.. there is not much game specific updates.. mostly Sli and 3D vision tweaks..

You can uninstall the latest and reinstall the Lenovo drivers from website easily... And if there is no effect go back to the latest drivers..

Thought that might help ... One important thing never let Microsoft update your drivers... Many, many people have had troubles with updates..

Install from Nvidia website..

Good Luck...

automatic microsoft updates are off altogether. i dont like them using my brandwith whenever they please.

I had some problems with minecraft and civilization V that were solved by updating video drivers. I will try downgrading the drivers later on. Will reply if i have any more crashes :)

How did it work out.....?

You said it crashes while watching videos... adobe flash maybe the problem... try playing without watching and see what happens...

good luck, D..

Have degraded the drivers but almost immediately upgraded back, because some of other games didnt work properly. So cant say.

And its not only youtube, VLC/MPC, too. Hell, i even get crashes when im doing smth else besides watching videos.

I identified half of the problem though, when i switch between windows, i sometimes accidentally right click, which brings up a small menu, and if i press on EL without closing the menu first, its a 100% crash.

So i cut the crashes to about 10-20% of original number. Still, something else is causing it too, sometimes it crashes when i dont browse the web, or play another game(and not switch between windows).

Edited by Helklo

Alright... it may have given ur games a problem... but the point was does the computer stop crashing...???

OK... I use to do the "got to have the latest driver" thing myself....

anyway, I personally had a problem with random crashes and after 10 months of frustration and anger, discovered

that it was the new and updated nvidia drivers..... aaaghhhh... the new driver broke the power management...

every driver update the crashes got worse..... and never fix it...

yep...now the laptop still uses two year old driver... runs great still..... plays all games....never, never crashes........................

Good Luck .................... D

thanks. I dont know if it stops crashing with downgraded drivers. I havent used for long enough, the crashes happen randomly, and i just dont want to wait a day or two to check it.

Anyway, since i discovered part of the problem, i can live with it. Doesnt happen when im doing something actively, and when i harving crashes just occasionally.

thanks for the help :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.