Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rutuliukas

Newbie Helper

Hi ppls,

yday night i was thinking about startins some kind newbie helpers team, the main idea would be support newbies and make some usefull info easier for them to get (like tutorials and so)

basicaly making this post just to know is here any peoples who would want to join such team:

what would be needed:

• web site designer (proly will work myself on that but w/e if someone want help..);
  • ppls who know php / jquery / javascript’s / expirienced in WordPres; (maybe will need later)
  • ppls who can write tutorials;
  • ppls who can make video based tutorials;
  • ppls who can make screenshots based tutorials;
  • ppls who can spend some time in game sitting in IP and answering some newbies questions;
  • ppls who can donate some newbie stuff for our team (so far thinking of leather's, aug's, exc's, some gc's, some ess's and so nothing valuable and so far its just idea)

i am not realy interested in what you think about all that, i am interested if here is anyone who would want join and try to do this project.

in game "newhope"

the suggestions and idieas i would discuse in other topic, atm JUST TELL ME WOULD YOU WANT TO TRY THIS?

thx for your time reading my terrible post with all thous mistakes :)

EDIT: PLS if you want to join and your forum name doesnt fit ingame name post ingame name here too

Edited by rutuliukas

Nice idea, will be glad to help.

I can help writing tutorials and have some webdesign experience, mainly front end and a little scripting.

[PM from Arcanite:if you want to take note i could do the following; sit at IP helping with questions etc, make screenshot based tutorials,]

[PM from Arcanite: write tutorials, and possibly could help with the web design. ]

(guy didnt had forum acc so i posted this for him)

Thats rlly nice idea, i will join this project too.

I can help with tutorials, answering in newbies questions.

About donate some stuff - i think we should better teach how to earn all this stuff :)

Sounds like a good idea, I'll help out as best I can. Out of what is listed above I can:

• ppls who can write tutorials;
  • ppls who can make video based tutorials;
  • ppls who can make screenshots based tutorials;
  • ppls who can spend some time in game sitting in IP and answering some newbies questions;
  • ppls who can donate some newbie stuff for our team (so far thinking of leather's, aug's, exc's, some gc's, some ess's and so nothing valuable and so far its just idea)

As far as web development stuff goes, I can fumble my way into making something if really needed but not my area of expertise.

Thats rlly nice idea, i will join this project too.

I can help with tutorials, answering in newbies questions.

About donate some stuff - i think we should better teach how to earn all this stuff :)

yes the idea on that is :

Hey all, this page is dedicated to help our newbies to sell / buy / trade items either i plan to make some donations so in "ASK FOR DONATIONS" section will be a form to fill what a newbie ask for and why he should get that donation.

The idea isn't give free items, idea is to let them earn thous items, like if someone says "hey ppls i need exc cape, i am new player and looks like i want to play this game, but its realy hard to start bla bla bla" some of our team may look to that post and respond to him like "hey man, welcome to game, i will donate you exc cape but you need to proof you are learning yourself this game not only asking for free stuff so i will give you a little task (or simple question): mix 20 fire essences"

Thats just exmaple of idea

Best regards, newhope

As i noted i am not interested in suggestions ideas atm, atm i am forming team / thinking if i want to push myself to that and so. All suggestions HOW TO HELP newbies will be later

good idea:) i will be glad to help with sitting on IP,donations,learning the game:)

Hello,

I am interested, ingame name sAbotaGe.

Skills especially in backend php when it comes to databases. mysql, postgresql, ms-sql and oracle as well source code documentation (doxygen). Developed two large inhouse appliactions in PHP, working in free time on network infrastructure management application (open source) to monitor, manage and controll Cisco devices.

[PM from Bailey: i can ppls who can donate some newbie stuff ]

another no forum acc guy (gues he wanted to say he can help with donating some stuff)

[PM from Bailey: Megyeer can help:) pm he if you something need ] (photoshop / screenshotings / design works)

Edited by rutuliukas

Finally! Newhope's project to become a Game Moderator! :)

Well, that would be FUN to be a part of!

In other words, I will help with the newbie enlightnment process - that if there are any genuine newbies out there.

All depends on my free time, but still, I'm around.

Finally! Newhope's project to become a Game Moderator! :)

Well, that would be FUN to be a part of!

In other words, I will help with the newbie enlightnment process - that if there are any genuine newbies out there.

All depends on my free time, but still, I'm around.

will ignore first part

about help: what kind of help can you do and whats your in game name ?

[PM from DsoD: lost my forum login along time ago, i'de donate for the newbie cause and would help out where possible]

[PM from Lilay: I am intresting in point:making video basic tutorials]

[PM from Lilay: yes,I would like to do something helpfull finally..]

I am trying to reach you, I will donate 100k for excavator capes ... I will try again tomorrow ;)

I am trying to reach you, I will donate 100k for excavator capes ... I will try again tomorrow ;)

hmm atm i dont realy need the donations, but if you want i will accept it to start "HELP" guild and will see what in i can push other gc. Would prefer you with us writing working on webie bro :) miss you come back to el :) poe is died anyway :D

[PM from Gladiator: i ahve tried my best to give stuff away on ip to noobs and they act like i am a child molestor or something and refuse to trade]

[PM from Gladiator: if you have people request stuff let me know and i try and donate on a case by case basis ok?]

Glad to help when I can and have loaned equipment to 'newbies' in past. Some returned and some I found selling it very fast and from way they acted doing so appeared they were just alts set up to get free stuff; nothing turns off helping faster than scammers. Can do significant amount of writing (English only) and have significant in game experience document writing about game in Wiki. Can do webpages and such but no new media things.

Recommends a 'paths' type of approach - EL is classless system but choices bite newcomers fast.