Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SunriseCoder

Looking for Tank as permanent PvP partner (and PvP FAQ)

Greeting fighters!

I'm looking for PvP partner, who want to be pr0 tank (like I want to be).

I prefer partners, who have a lot of Instinct and without any Reasoning (or can remove Reasoning if have). Skeptic perk is also nice thing to have for have training more predictable.

This is long-term project, I can buy GuildMap with Guard Bot even for this project if I will find good partner(s).

Right now I'm 134/138 a/d, but I can apply people from 120 to 150 a/d, but it can depends on details.

My attributes at this moment are: p/c/r/w/i/v 48/48/4/4/16/24. I also have Evanescence perk.

Wondering why I don't like Reasoning or don't have any ideas what is PvP? Keep reading.

Have some questions or comments? Feel free to PM me in game for discussion or post a comment (and PM me in game for I read it).

Here is some information about PvP:

Q: What is PvP?

A: PvP is fight mode when two players fight to each other for get Attack and Defense experience. It's NOT for killing players, it's just training fight - you flee after (or before in advance) you will get first 15 hits (otherwise you will not get more experience) and re-engage to combat again.

Q: What kind of PvP exists?

A: There are PvP for Attack experience and PvP for Defense experience:

1. For Attack people have a lot of Reasoning and use bones for successful hits each other. They getting a lot of (or mostly) attack experience and don't hurts each other a lot.

2. For Defense people don't use weapons at all, use Shields and Unicorn Medallion (for get defense bonus). They hit each other very rare and make just few damage. So they use very few Healing stuff.

I'm looking for partner for PvP for Defense.

Q: What attributes are good and bad for PvP?

A: Here I will answer about PvP for Defense only. Physique and Coordination is mandatory for doing instances, because of Bag (EMU). They both a bit bad for PvP

1. Coordination gives you reactions for avoid hits, it's good for you, but also gives you dexterity - it's bad for your partner.

2. Physique is good for you (because of HP and toughness), but bad for partner (you make him more damage). So in this case It's not a problem for me, full Physique and Coordinations are welcome.

3. Reasoning is definetely bad for PvP for defense, because you dodge hits more rare = less def experience, and partner have to use more resources for heal.

4. Will - more or less neutral attribute, so it's ok to have it, but if you don't actually need it - you can shift it for more important instinct.

5. Instinct - this is essential attribute for PvP for Defense. It can help you to dodge hits = more often experience and rare healing.

6. Vitality - a bit more useful than Will, but still not very useful. It's just help you to reduce amount of damage you get - but better to buy instinct for you don't need to reduce amount of damage often.

PS. Don't forget about Will and Vitality give you Mana points, which is important for your main tank activity - Tanking. So keep it balanced.

Q: What afterwards of long time PvPing?

A:

Pros:

1. You getting a lot of defense experience. With one partner I was able to get up to 8-9k pure def exp per minute.

2. Your defense leveling going very fast and it's very good for tank.

3. Actually, you getting much more experience per minute if you PvPing rather tran training monsters and healing much less. Your overall leveling will going faster.

4. You can become something like 130/150 a/d and still be able to go to 120-140 and will be welcome tank.

Cons:

1. Your attack leveling going very slow. But you don't need it if you are tank. Anyway, if you will do dailies, invances, regular monster training while your partner offline or busy - you will get attack experience too.

2. You will not get drops (like you would get if you would prefer monsters farming (but you will get much more experience and monsters spots can be occupied, especially on Day of Sun-Tzu).

Q: Does Skeptic Perk good or bad for PvP?

A: It's definetely good to have Skeptic Perk for PvP:

1. If you have green attack astro - it's bad for your partner.

2. If you have red attack astro - it's good for your partner.

3. If you have green defense astro - it's good for you.

4. If you have red defense astro - it's bad for you.

5. Astro doesn't affect on experience points, you getting.

6. If you have time, but bad astro for pvp - you can't do it, or it will be a nightmare.

Q: Does Evanescence perk is good for PvP?

A: Yes, it's definetely good to have, it's give you 10% chance to dodge critical hit and get experience.

Q: Does Mirror Perks good or bad for PvP?

A: It depends:

1. If you are same about your partner a/d, it's will not affect your training often

2. If someone has higher a/d and mirror perk - it's also doesn't affect on PvP much.

3. If someone lower a/d and has mirror perk - it's bad for his partner.

PS. On tanking castellan Mirror Perk can help you to spawn Giants on your head and usually it costs a rosto to players.

Have more Questions this FAQ doesn't cover? Feel free to ask, I'll add most interesting

Edited by SunriseCoder

If you are looking to power level defense with pvp, Will is much more valuable than vitality since 48 will yields ~500 more xp/min flee training than 4 will (or 750 more/min with god). The problem with this training style is that if you use the same partner all the time, your xp/min exponentially decreases as you both level defense and neglect attack. There are some very good PvE options if you just want to power level defense but probably shouldn't be mentioned on the forum :P.

Hm... Thanks for interesting point about Will. Let me comment it a bit.

Cross-attributes - for Tank (and for me personally) Charm is useless, so we have on one hand Toughness and Rationality + Matter on the other hand.

Except reduce amount of damage, I heard, Toughness always helps you to don't break your armor.

Matter is definetely good for Tank.

Rationality is interesting topic. For Tank it's increase Restoration. Also gives more max amount of Action Points. That's good for tank if he use Enhanced Unicorn Medallion. Also could be good for other stuff like amber, book writing, etc.

Conclusion:

1. Vitality give us reduce amount of damage + decrease chances to break armor (not confirmed)

2. Will give us more Health Points + Increase Restoration

Personally about me - I will think about remove Vitality and buy Will

It is confirmed about decreasing chances to break armor. If you absorb the hit, the chance to break armor is lower than when you take damage. I.E. more toughness will mean that you will absorb more damage and possible absorb all damage, creating less breaks.

It is confirmed about decreasing chances to break armor. If you absorb the hit, the chance to break armor is lower than when you take damage. I.E. more toughness will mean that you will absorb more damage and possible absorb all damage, creating less breaks.

Tho radu made a change that it doesn't make so radical effect. Earlier it was possible to avoid practically all armor breaks by having huge toughness. I quess no one knows the exact way how the armor break is calculated these days, except radu.

Edited by Miiks

Thanks for info, InfectioN, it seems, if you will have more vitality - you will get less damage or will not get it at all in pvp (except crit hits) - I think, it's really good advantage.

As I am to understand, to much vit, witch reduces the amount of natural damage only (not crit damage), will reduce natural damage to a point where it causes a new role called role over crit, witch acts again like a normal crit, and will creat more damage overall... More WILL helps you a lot later on in lvls, when you fight creatures with double mirror, stay alive. Also will allows you to train longer before refills and gives you a good mana buffer in case you wish to fight more then 1 player or creature or tank creatures that normally you should not be able to

Toughness reduces also crit damage iirc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last I was told only def lvls reduced crit damage

I have recently gained vit. It does reduce crit damage