Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

tweaks to the global quest

Recently we had quite a few of the 'more special days' global quest. Even though in theory this should benefit all players, in practice the effect of this global is not noticeable, since it most likely only adds one or two extra special days during the run-time of the global.

I therefor propose to replace it with a different global that would benefit fighters as well as all-rounders and harvesters:

Lucky day global

All drops of creatures are increased and the chance of finding a rare is also higher. Mother nature benefits (gc, bonus-xp and rares) are also increased.

The increase need not be big, a 5% increase will be noticeable over the duration of the global (250 hrs).

This would be a boon for all types of players in all time zones, not just the ones that happen to be on when the one extra special day happens.

I like the extra special days global, but why not having another possible outcome of the global? The proposal sounds nice.

So it is 5% more gc drops (which is hardly going to be non-zero on small mobs; unless rounded up, then it is more good for low-level chars, which I agree).

For other items I understand the increase is 5% of the current chance you already have of a (normal/rare/very rare) drop. Is that correct?

I see a potential risk: will it be the low-level players or the high-level ones to run after the increased chances? I'm worried that it will mean, for instance, even more serping and bag stealing in the dragon's dens.

I'm not sure why people like the special days global. A group of us have been keeping up a running commentary about it for a while. Even though it says, "more special days and less bad ones," (or something close to that - can't remember exact wording), the definition of "bad days" is off. We got lots of days that we all agreed were bad, (like acid rain) and almost every "good" day came from someone using a stone, not from the global. Our general consensus is that this particular global is broken.

I thinks it's a good idea. Special days are nice, but there are many times I'm working on a project and can't really take advantage of the special day anyway. Increased finds/drops/specials would always be a benefit.

I agree with the proposal to remove the 'more special days' reward from the possible rewards for the Global Quest. I think that removing it would be helpful to gaining support for the Global Quest, whether or not it were replaced by a different reward, such as the one proposed above.

It seems to me there are 2 problems with this particular 10-day reward.

1) As Maxine has said, this is unlike the rest of the rewards as the benefit is only available for a short portion of the 10-day period. The other rewards (fewer mini-events, less food used, less wait for dailies) are in effect whenever a player logs on, for the entire 10 days, and thus their benefits are more easily perceived.

2) Many players don't believe it works as described. It has become a joke to some, an irritation to others. But, whenever we get this particular reward back-to-back (as has just happened), people are less willing to contribute to the global quest.

As one who routinely contributes to the Global Quest, and tries to convince others to do so also, I would love to see this particular reward removed from the possible outcomes.

So it is 5% more gc drops (which is hardly going to be non-zero on small mobs; unless rounded up, then it is more good for low-level chars, which I agree).

For other items I understand the increase is 5% of the current chance you already have of a (normal/rare/very rare) drop. Is that correct?

Sounds to me like a good idea to make it round up, so every creature that can drop gold will drop at least 1 gc ;)

With respect to the chance of specials:

Say you have a chance of 1/1000 to get a rostogol from a troll, with the new global chance would be 1.05/1000 or about 1/950