Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zephlix

Range lock auto disable completely destroyed purpose of rangelock

Why even bother with rangelock when it disables moment you attack a creature, defeats whole purpose

4 times almost died because reangelock disabled itself, either cause monster flee or others attacks monsters or monster died and still have range lag and i click ground because monster moved and then end up right there and attacking him myself or land into the mobs,

or have to move yet again just because i misclick after a kill

thats whole reason for rangelock, good idea if only one critter, but shty idea for multiple, usig the left ctrl button to move worked absolutely fine,

I understand that some may like this feature, make it easier to shoot and run like *, but PLEASE at least put an option in the settings to choose to use auto disable rangelock PLEASE

Edited by Zephlix

Hmm if you have Arrow and Bow in your Hand, you do not attack monsters. you either shoot at them or you are to close or you have no line on him.

In those cases its always the Monster attacking you. So if you almost died 4 times there its probably not because you got attacked, fled and then shoot again in fast order. otherwise you can re enable the range lock again with Alt+R.

That said i agree an option might be nice, but as far as my testing went not necessary

after talkijng to a few people I'm told that rangelock is not suspose to disable unless you are attacked, this hasn't been the case for me, range lock disables everytime I click on a critter to shoot it. even on the wall of iscal, Me almost dieing is due to rangelock disabling and me walking into the critters due to range lag, i move to where critter was after it was killed due to rangelock disabling on me.

Edited by Zephlix

Strange, i can't reproduce that. For me it only disables when the mob engages me in melee (after shooting it at near distance).

You mentioned lags, which could produce interesting side-effects but are hard to simulate.

updated client, seems to work the way it was ment to be now, will test it further see if I run into the same issue and If I have any further problems with it I'll report back here. ty for taking a look though,

well i was wrong, worked good for a while, but end wtf and end of invance it acted up, and get this sometimes it would disable itself when i touch nothing after putting it on and no creatures around, please put an option to use this feature or not in the settings, ty

well i was wrong, worked good for a while, but end wtf and end of invance it acted up, and get this sometimes it would disable itself when i touch nothing after putting it on and no creatures around, please put an option to use this feature or not in the settings, ty

When it was acting up had you alt+tab'd into or out of the game?

Thank you very much for putting an option to use it :)

When it was acting up had you alt+tab'd into or out of the game?

nope, It happens if all i do is run EL and never leave screen, I also checked this running bare minimium apps on computer to see if something else possibly is the cause.

But,

I think i found what I'm doing to create this problem, Keep in mind my right hand is messed up. But it seems to disables any time i repeatedly click a critter in between each actual shot, especially large monsters that all i do is sit there and click as fast as i can. not sure, but seeems to be when it happens, maybe someone else can check, and FYI Mouse limit under control tab in options is 2.

can someone else possibly recreate this that isn't having problems?