Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strider8

FINDING JOKER

I was wandering if I could get a bot that congratulates every player that finds the joker and they receive a nice pm from (THE FRIENDLY BOT). As I have been pming everyone that I see in game finding the joker cause I think it just makes you happy to see someone who cares u found it :D. Just had one a few minutes ago : Angler found 1 Pear.

[PM to Angler: congratz]

Edited by strider8

Please don't get that bot, it would be very annoying to get automated "Gratz" .. next time you want a "welcome bot" who adds everyone to their buddy list and say "hello" a second after they log on. Sheeeeesh~~~ please give me peace!!! I get enough spam!!

Please don't get that bot, it would be very annoying to get automated "Gratz" .. next time you want a "welcome bot" who adds everyone to their buddy list and say "hello" a second after they log on. Sheeeeesh~~~ please give me peace!!! I get enough spam!!

That's not a problem: just don't accept the invite and add bot (and owner?) to your ignore list... (and iirc, with 'privacy on' you can't get buddy invites)

The thing about having a bot congratulate you is that it's simply responding to an event, there's no caring involved. It doesn't really mean anything. Having an actual person congratulate you does.

You just spammed my forum and u say you hate spam keep your stupid comments to yourself THX cant wait to spam u in game muwhahahahha

The thing about having a bot congratulate you is that it's simply responding to an event, there's no caring involved. It doesn't really mean anything. Having an actual person congratulate you does.

Yeah I guess I will just keep doing it myself :D

That's the very important thing which makes all the difference. It's nice if someone cares and even may lead to nice conversations or even a new friendship. Yet another message from another bot... means nothing and is annoying. I can have bot messages as many as I want and more in @3

Edited by Elke

Exactly.

As someone who finds Joker a lot I can assure you that after the first "gratz"' not only would this bot be on my #ignores, but pretty much everyone associated with it as well. I get enough pm-s from total strangers just wanting to know where to find him, I dont need an empty automated "gratz" added to the spam.

No thanks and thumbs down from me.