Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Have range lock automatically turn off when engaged

When a player has range lock enabled and is attacked the range lock should be automatically disengaged until player turns it back on. This is pretty simple logic - an archer does not want to continue fighting and if archer uses ring to disengage wants to be able to move.

I have been ranging for a very long time and only use range lock while in the arena. When in an invance/invasion, the chances of the mob fleeing are too great for me to be locked in one spot. In that situation, I hold the alt key down and if attacked I can easily get away.

I am glad it works for you and 'I have been ranging for a very long time' shows you are an experienced ranger but for those who are not and trying to help ranging can be deathtrap. Will avoid ranging now unless I am in situation where there is one creature only in area and plenty of others - rostos are too expensive now to take extra chance.

holding alt key and range does makes my operating system try to move my game window not stop me from moving for ranging

so for me it is because of that either do ranging lock or move to fighting creatures now and then. I prefer ranging lock. and i managed so far allways to unluck and walk away even when dragon att me at ranging. Still an autounlock would be a great idea

My ubuntu use to do that vino, but I was able to edit it. Let me see if I can remember that command...\

gconftool --set --type string /apps/metacity/general/mouse_button_modifier "<Super>"

This will make your win key the move window option, freeing up the alt key.

Edited by InfectioN

Another tip for you who prefer to use range lock or are unable to use the alt key...if you are attacked you will move if you click on a location in the mini map. This may give you a little xtra time to disable range lock.

This is a good idea, an auto unlock is a good solution for the issue. No idea how hard it is to do and all that but hopefully it will be implemented for the future rangers in EL.

Will be nice when client for XP does not die for me when doing inventory.

Quick note...during yesterday's invasion range lock did not turn off for guildies. Does this fix need an update to take effect?

Range lock will require a new client to be published and installed. Currently it's not in any client the Entropy is distributing, only some of the special pre-release versions others ship.