Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Latest Android client (14/10/2013)

Is it the same things that you cannot open on both devices?

From what I have seen - you are able to remove items from storage starting at item 1 and upwards. At some point you hit an item you cannot remove. After that you cannot withdraw any other items.

probably yes, the same items on both devices. especially i'm sure the food tab i've tested with bugtracking intence.

about items after really buggy one. It has sense... I don't have any items (with Id) list here (i'm at work right now) but there are much more than 255 item types in el. You have probably kind of table to store items. table of 8 or 16bits integer?

*update*

BUT…

IN misc tab i have some things, and last of them are:

yew, skeleton key, a stone (i believe enrichment)

i cannot take a stone out of sto. But i have just few skeleton keys. so i've taken all of them, go out and back in to sto. now i have yew, stone (no skeleton key) and still cannot take the stone.

So for me it looks like the bug is on stone, not the previous skeleton key.

Edited by wariat

The id is 16 bits (2 bytes) if i remember right and i store it into an integer (32 bits). Maybe i just screw the order of the bits somewhere. Once i get home i will test your scenarios and hopefully i will reproduce it.

About the dung teleporter, i am pretty sure the apk doesn't contain the map files, which means you can't do much there. I will look into it.

EDIT: I just looked over the protocol, and it's not about the id of the item, but about the position in storage.Let's hope i will reproduce it:)

EDIT 2: I think i fixed it. Tomorrow i will look into the dung teleporter stuff and maybe make a release only with this.

Edited by Domino

Let me knnow when I can test Domino...

Did some test this morning on the test one you supplied yesterday.

Tools had 10 items, 8 worked, 9th gave the 'You have not seen...' and did not work, 10th did not work no message

traded away 1 item - 8 worked, 9th gave message

Traded item back - appeared in different position - still 8 + 1 + 1 (ie as befire but with different items in 8 9 & 10th pos)

got 11th tool - 10 worked 11th gave 'You have not seen...'

got 12th tool - 11 worked 12th gave 'You have not seen...'

So def nnot the item or its ID - I would say position in storage - but it is different in each section.

Edited by Raz

any new releases on this?? i never got it to work on my galaxy tab 2 10.1 - can't walk :(

Long press to walk, but you have an option in settings to enable/disable it.

About the latest release, you might have to uninstall the app first because i reinstalled OS and seems like that matters for unsigned apks.

I hope i fixed the defect, and Raz figured it right :icon13: It was about the position in storage. The server sends 2 bytes for that number(i guess because you have 300 slots) and i was ignoring one. For numbers bigger than 255 i was screwing it up. I have less than 200 slots used so i guess this is why it never reproduced for me. Well, at least i fixed something...

Remember you have better resolution map pack you can install on your card. I also added the pack having Olivine's map (big thanks again for the work Olivine). Remember it's 470MB and the images are like 2000x2000. You can get it from here. The file is a zip file with a strange name, but you can unzip it and see the structure. So it's relative simple for everyone to make another one having other map images(the images need to be png).

about bugs:

- on the cotton spot in WS half of cottons icons are connected to wrong Id and are vegetables in fact.

about feature requestes ;-)

- bug tracker anywhere, to make it possible to create feature req ticket ;-)

- sometimes the character stops whiel walking. e.g. it is probably impossible to travel from gypsum spot in arius to arius sto with one click. But the small icon that you are walking apperas just few seconds and indicating that you have started to walk. Is it possible to show that char is walking all the time (while he is)?

- mentioned somewhere above to change mana bar with emu bar. Now it is a client for peacefull harvestes so … ;-)

- waht about zoom button? I mean a button which will cycle full map view (same as dbl click now but without changing travel place) / zoom to place where char currently is

- AFK message i was asking before

• on the cotton spot in WS half of cottons icons are connected to wrong Id and are vegetables in fact.

Should be easy to fix. Please let me know the exact coordinates.

• bug tracker anywhere, to make it possible to create feature req ticket ;-)

I added the sources on github and you can add issues there, but i think you need to be logged in to add any. If anyone knows a better alternative just let me know. For the brave ones, the sources are under two separate modules each with its own git repository. Contact me in game if you want help to compile them. The two repositories are:

https://github.com/IqNone/eternal-lands

https://github.com/IqNone/client

Add the issues to the first one.

• sometimes the character stops whiel walking. e.g. it is probably impossible to travel from gypsum spot in arius to arius sto with one click. But the small icon that you are walking apperas just few seconds and indicating that you have started to walk. Is it possible to show that char is walking all the time (while he is)?

This one is a bit tricky to implement, because the client is the one doing the walk and sends request to the server to be moved. If some creature steps on your path the server will ignore your request and so far that's it. I think i should check from time to time if i was actually moved where i expect to go but i don't have a nice way to do it.

• mentioned somewhere above to change mana bar with emu bar. Now it is a client for peacefull harvestes so … ;-)

Sounds like a good idea.

• waht about zoom button? I mean a button which will cycle full map view (same as dbl click now but without changing travel place) / zoom to place where char currently is

It's nice to have, but it's low priority

• AFK message i was asking before

Same as above

long press to walk - takes some getting used to - wait for the red blob to appear

never showed up however long i press :(

Edited by DibClark

sometimes the character stops whiel walking. e.g. it is probably impossible to travel from gypsum spot in arius to arius sto with one click. But the small icon that you are walking apperas just few seconds and indicating that you have started to walk. Is it possible to show that char is walking all the time (while he is)?

This one is a bit tricky to implement, because the client is the one doing the walk and sends request to the server to be moved. If some creature steps on your path the server will ignore your request and so far that's it. I think i should check from time to time if i was actually moved where i expect to go but i don't have a nice way to do it.

I think you could record current coordinates and check after X ticks if you are still at the same location or not, give that you are not at your destination yet

Edited by Luminii

Should be easy to fix. Please let me know the exact coordinates.

Cotton Spot WS 90,90 there aare 4 or 5 cottons, two are not working (harving vegs)

I've created github account so next tickets there. I believe it will be easier to not lost them, especially feature req which are not important for the moment ;-) BTW what about diamonds for feature? ;-)

Yes, it's in elma files, and you need to manually find out which are the extra entrances and remove them. I made a tool that helps you do that using an UI.

https://github.com/IqNone/map-builder

It's written in scala because i wanted at that time to learn it so don't have big expectations about the code. But you will only need to compile it.

I already compiled it but unfortunately couldn't make it work. Will try and see what seems to be the problem. I have no knowledge of scala, but I will check it.

Thx for the help.

I already compiled it but unfortunately couldn't make it work. Will try and see what seems to be the problem. I have no knowledge of scala, but I will check it.

Thx for the help.

Ok. I got it to work through new project option by selecting a map, but not through open project. How do you proceed after you open a map? Sorry for a lot of questions...

Are there instructions available how to use the client?

I installed it now on my android Huawei Ascent G510 smartphone and it seems to work, but i have not really a clue how to use it. Ok, chatting at least is working.

Piper

On the lower right side of screen you have 4 buttons:

1. inventory

2. statistics(not working)

3. switch console/map

4. chat

Once you switch to map you can walk, enter/exits maps, houses, rooms..., harvest stuff by clicking on it, open storage by clicking on the npc and you can trade with ppl.

In inventory you can use or drag items to change position.

Thanks, i managed it now to walk and change maps, but on my smartphone it's a pain in the ass with that small display.

I'll try it later then on my tablet, maybe it works better there.

Piper

You can zoom in/out.

Yes, but it's still pure luck, if the client on my smartpone accepts a tap as a click to move or not.

Mostly not...

Piper

You can zoom in/out.

Yes, but it's still pure luck, if the client on my smartpone accepts a tap as a click to move or not.

Mostly not...

Piper

There is an option in the settings, so that you can set a single tap to walk or long press to walk. Default is set to long tap for walk.