Eternal Lands Official Forums
Biker_Boy

bmoc55 : A scamming alt

"[PM from bmoc55: this is the last time i talk to you. you said heres 50k loan here is 40k for cutty pay me back 70k for it all since you lost col ill take a 20k los]"

What? I wouldn't do that.

Recently I had recruited a player called "bmoc55" She needed help training and stuff and to get her equipment, I loaned her 50k gold and bought her cutlass from her for 40k. I was expecting to get back 70k for the 50k loan. However she wished to rebuy the cutty. When I told her that if she wanted to rebuy the cutty it would change the total to 110k. I was accused of scamming by her. (not in forums)

I later found out her alt is "kilo55" another player who is listed in here as a scamming person. I just want to warn everyone about her and to not lend her gear or gold, If your expecting to be repaid.

Seems to me like a misunderstanding.

50k + 40k = 90k.

Obviously she thought you want back only 70k "for it all" including the cutty(and you cover a 20k lost) while you actually wanted 70k only for the 50k loan(so she pays 20k more).

I don't think this is a scam, i think the coincidence that 90k - 20k = 50k + 20K made you both think you are going to make the 20k profit.

I don't get it. She borrowed 50kgc from you and would have to pay back 70kgc (heh..) for it. You then bought the cutty from her and gave her 40kgc but she changed her mind and bought it back for 40kgc or did you give her the cutty without receiving any gc?

I don't get it. She borrowed 50kgc from you and would have to pay back 70kgc (heh..) for it. You then bought the cutty from her and gave her 40kgc but she changed her mind and bought it back for 40kgc or did you give her the cutty without receiving any gc?

She borrowed 50k and I bought cutty for 40k. Was expecting 70k back for the 50k. She told me she wanted cutty back and I said that will be an additional 40k. So I am scammer for wanting my money back. (the 70k) I wouldnt been happy with even 50k, but instead I get nothing.

I certainly wouldn't take a loss to my own gold reserves because of someone else's idiocy.. (losing their CoL)

That makes no sense.

And Yes, I still have the cutty.

Edited by Biker_Boy

you lend someone 50kgc and charge them a 40% interest rate in an online, F2P game, and then, regardless of what happened afterwards have the guts to call them a scammer???

I'm with dilly... You shouldn't charge interest in the game or any really... Like that makes you look really bad. If you do give someone a loan just as for what you gave them back. And 40% is WAY to high of an interest rate for anything..

For my eyes looks like rather Biker_boy is scammer than bmoc55, Asking 70kgc back from 50kgc loan from GUILDIE, or anybody actually, is sick. And seriously, if i loan gc, the 50kgc is 50kgc for friends, and those who are not friends, i not give loan:P (And after all, better than give loan is help the person earn own gc)

I loaned her 50k gold and bought her cutlass from her for 40k. I was expecting to get back 70k for the 50k loan. However she wished to rebuy the cutty. When I told her that if she wanted to rebuy the cutty it would change the total to 110k. I was accused of scamming by her. (not in forums)

Logs from this trade ?

For me it look like you are the scammer.

A GM should help members, not ask for a 40% interest.

You loaned 50Kgc and asked for 70Kgc back. Stupid way to treat a guildie you're "trying to help out". It's not helping them out because it's clearly set up to help you out.

The purchase of the cutlass really shouldn't have anything to do with it. You should have deducted 40Kgc fom the loan and asked for 10Kgc back. That would have been the way to help out.

You were taking advantage of someone in need of help imo.

Should BB have asked bmoc for the extra 20k interest on the loan? dont know... the fact is that bmoc did agree to it... and has since refused to pay back the original 50k or make any attempt at repayment....the arguement about the cutty should tell you something...bmoc wants it back even tho BB paid for it...and i know this because i was there when the original transaction happened. so on one hand u have a person who bought a cutty for 40k and lent the other person 50k with serious interest...on the other hand u have a person who refuses to repay the original loan with or without interest and demands the return of an item they sold and when questioned about repayment quit the guild... think hard ppl...you'll see who the scammer truly is

even if u dispute the 20k in interest how can u justify not repaying the 50k principal?

Found the chat log for the original "Deal".... i deleted a few minutes because bmoc was afk

18:58:33] #GM from Biker_Boy: ok bmoc, I buy ur cutty for forty and lend you 50

[18:58:42] #GM from Biker_Boy: you pay back 70

[18:58:47] #GM from Biker_Boy: deal?

[19:00:21] #GM from Biker_Boy: bmoc?

[19:00:30] #GM from Biker_Boy: hmm

[19:01:28] #GM from Biker_Boy: you afker

[19:04:42] #GM from bmoc55: reallly!

[19:04:45] #GM from Biker_Boy: ohh novac

[19:04:49] #GM from Moblin: got my coord up to 32

[19:04:54] #GM from Biker_Boy: Nice!

[19:04:59] #GM from bmoc55: you would buy cutty forgty lend fifty.so 90 total and i only pay 70k!?

[19:05:12] #GM from Biker_Boy: pay 70 back yes

[19:05:18] #GM from bmoc55: ok ok ok :))))

[19:05:27] #GM from Biker_Boy: and rebuy ur cutty way later if you like it

[19:05:35] #GM from Kanuq: and whatcha gonna do with all the gc bmoc?

[19:05:36] #GM from Biker_Boy: for the forty

[19:06:09] #GM from bmoc55: buy my col back coz i reset and was being cumb

[19:06:11] #GM from bmoc55: really dumb

By this log biker_boy never have said he wants 20k interest for the 50k loan. If there isn't any missing log than how could anyone thought you were actually asking for such a ridiculous interest(while pretending to "help")

the log as posted could be taken as ambiguous:

[19:04:59] #GM from bmoc55: you would buy cutty forgty lend fifty.so 90 total and i only pay 70k!?

[19:05:12] #GM from Biker_Boy: pay 70 back yes

The above as phrased seems to show that bmoc55 would only have to pay 70k in total. That would be even

more likely if Biker_boy made an offer to help out a guildie

Though the next bit seems to indicate that Biker_boy did indeed expect to get 70k back for the 50k loan and (way) later 40k for the cutty (which is NPC price...)

[19:05:27] #GM from Biker_Boy: and rebuy ur cutty way later if you like it

[19:05:35] #GM from Kanuq: and whatcha gonna do with all the gc bmoc?

[19:05:36] #GM from Biker_Boy: for the forty

Which I wouldn't consider "helping a guildie".

Apart from that, Biker_boy couldn't be bothered to post any proof whatsoever for his story,

either concerning the "scamming" by bmoc55 or that bmoc55 is the same player as kilo55

And I've seen nothing indicating that bmoc55 refuses to pay back the loan, the chat fragment posted (by dawench) only deals with the initial loan + sale of cutty

Edited by revi

As far as I understand, the mafia in real life are like a family. They scam those outside the family. However, they help those in the family out in exchange for promised favors.

So if you are actually trying to RP as a mafia, you should of said something like:

"So you lost your crown of life hm? Don't worry about it, I'll replace it for you in exchange for a favor later. You lose it again and you're on your own." Or something like that.

Over and over I keep seeing "thats not how you help a guildie"

For the record..... he was given for FREE items and gear. he was loaned higher lvl weapons and gear and when they broke it was a case of "oh well". he had help on quests, things like "i need 1k rubies and i dont have the nexus" so we gave him the rubies..or i can't kill this mob for novak and BB knocked the mob down so bmoc could kill it. he was GIVEN gc. I myself ran errands to the npcs for him because he was anti at the time...I asked for no recompense other than what the npc was asking. He was in MOB for less than a month and in that time he asked for (and was given) a lot.... he gave NOTHING in return. So enough with all the "thats not how you help a guildie" stuff, we did help him. I've also seen some of you ragging on our guild tag. Would your attitudes be different if we called ourselves BL (bunny lovers...we harv for carrots)? Ask yourselves this... how many members of MOB have been in the disputes forum for bjing? for scamming? for dishonorable pk? for general rule breaking? Please base your arguements on logic and not on some prejudice over our guild tag or our very warped sense of humour.

If you give very partial information, don't be surprised if the responses aren't what you think they should be...

Biker_boy was rather long on accusations and very short on proof.

And if you know you have a "very warped sense of humour", don't be surprised to be taken amiss (I don't see

why I should waste my time figuring out when you are only joking or when you are serious)

Edited by revi

OK then, Both are Scammers. One is ripping off his guildies and the other refused to be ripped off :P Not enough info on the transactions and vague posts makes it hard to understand and also looks suspicious when you read the posts.. To me the logs shown doesn't really clearly say that there is a 20k interest on the 50k loan and perhaps Bmoc thought s/he was the one being scammed?

Over and over I keep seeing "thats not how you help a guildie"

For the record..... he was given for FREE items and gear. he was loaned higher lvl weapons and gear and when they broke it was a case of "oh well". he had help on quests, things like "i need 1k rubies and i dont have the nexus" so we gave him the rubies..or i can't kill this mob for novak and BB knocked the mob down so bmoc could kill it. he was GIVEN gc. I myself ran errands to the npcs for him because he was anti at the time...I asked for no recompense other than what the npc was asking. He was in MOB for less than a month and in that time he asked for (and was given) a lot.... he gave NOTHING in return. So enough with all the "thats not how you help a guildie" stuff, we did help him. I've also seen some of you ragging on our guild tag. Would your attitudes be different if we called ourselves BL (bunny lovers...we harv for carrots)? Ask yourselves this... how many members of MOB have been in the disputes forum for bjing? for scamming? for dishonorable pk? for general rule breaking? Please base your arguements on logic and not on some prejudice over our guild tag or our very warped sense of humour.

That is exactly what I think of "helping out a guildie", and is exactly what I got in my guild which I respect the most (not gonna name it) without giving ANY amount of material goods back. I "paid my debt back" by helping out other guildies, behaving, respecting the rules we had and so on.

So yeah, this is what I expect when you say you're helping out a guildie.