Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TelestoX

Remove Ingore levels from Dragons

agree, also make all dragons PK (always liked this idea) :)

also I think dragons are smart enough creatures to be pinned. so maybe remove their pin ability.

p.s.: tho ignore level was a goal to train your char..

Best regards, stiv.

Ya make the dragon areas PK and multi too ( not sure if they are already )

Also make them unpinable.

This would imo solve many probs, people farming RD moaning about being serped, moaning becuase there is no PK in EL, and surely the mighty Dragon deserves a better fate than being pinned and pawned by anybody witha bow...

This would imo solve many probs, people farming RD moaning about being serped, moaning becuase there is no PK in EL, and surely the mighty Dragon deserves a better fate than being pinned and pawned by anybody witha bow...

This would simply mean at the end of invasions all draons would be left rather than just the blues as it is at the moment.

Actually I really like the idea of all dragons being in PK areas, being unpinnable and having ignores removed, in fact, I think only those who farm the red would vehemently disagree

Better still, just make the dragons have leonard style AI and the keep the pin but give them a range attack to get out of the pin by harming the pinner

This would simply mean at the end of invasions all draons would be left rather than just the blues as it is at the moment.

agree, nobody can tank reds, blacks or ice dragons :P

I always thought the dragons should have a breath weapon:

Red dragon, flame damage= mana burn x3-5 power

Black dragon, poison damage x5 power

Ice dragon, freeze = like a axe of freezing 6 or 9 turns,

Blue is just nasty enough as it is.

Let them use their breath flame/poison/freeze weapon even pinned. Each dragon could use their breath weapon 2 or 3 time in a fight.

As compensation a min gold drop 800-1000 or 1200-2000, drop 1 rare item, add some very rare items (special great swords, brod, bod, etc). The fights are harder, but the reward is worth it. They could still be farmed, but its harder costs more in HE or potions.

and I know my buddy Hussam is wincing as he reads this.

Edited by Aquila

agree, also make all dragons PK (always liked this idea) :)

Best regards, stiv.

LOL

Bicz plizzz, are you really thinking that you can lobby this? Isn’t it enough for you that you serp whoever you can?

Some of you really should stay on low lvl, as power is making you a total ass-0 ….

As for the removing ignore and PIN +1

Edited by Devnul

Removing ignore doesn't really affect much in my opinion. Anyone who can melee dragons doesn't really care if they ignore him/her.

and I know my buddy Hussam is wincing as he reads this.

-.-

Agree with Hussam there.

There are enough people out there who can melee the dragons, some of them even pretty easy. Making the Dragon spawn PK area only helps those very strong fighters, who if they are skilled can kill almost everyone attacking them while the rangers who have to have to learn how to pin a dragon (if you do not know how to do it you die, and even if you know how to do it you die sometimes) will get even more in danger. because they are more easy attacked and killed by the strong players. No the solution to the blocked Red Dragon spawn (the others are free most of the time) is simple.

Reduce the special and gc drop from red dragon. or change instance system to accept next to red dragon scales black and ice dragon scales as well.

If you really want to cut down on dragon farming, make red, black, and ice dragons crit like giants, and make them all unpinnable.

(...)

No the solution to the blocked Red Dragon spawn (the others are free most of the time) is simple.

Reduce the special and gc drop from red dragon. or change instance system to accept next to red dragon scales black and ice dragon scales as well.

Or change the instance system to NOT accept dragon scales (of any kind). Afaik, reducing instance cooldown is the main use of the RD scales...

Any change to the dragons or their surroundings would either affect the wrong group or just lead to a further increase in scales price. As long as there is

a reason to farm them, they will be farmed.

Edited by revi

(...)

No the solution to the blocked Red Dragon spawn (the others are free most of the time) is simple.

Very good idea Vino +1

Or change the instance system to NOT accept dragon scales (of any kind). Afaik, reducing instance cooldown is the main use of the RD scales...

Any change to the dragons or their surroundings would either affect the wrong group or just lead to a further increase in scales price. As long as there is

Very stupid idea -1

Let me tell you why. What will you do with tons of scales? How will you reduce instance time (yes, time reduction is necessary, believe me. I have no time to explain why)?

Edited by Devnul

(...)

Very stupid idea -1

Let me tell you why. What will you do with tons of scales? How will you reduce instance time (yes, time reduction is necessary, believe me. I have no time to explain why)?

Why would there be "tons of scales"? There's a fair amount of all scales on bots, true, but red dragon is in the majority, and lowest price is 500-1000 over ice dragon...

As for time reduction being necessary, I'll believe that when I see a good explanation ("Believe me, even though I can't be bothered to explain" does not work for me):

Edited by revi

whatever change happens now would only affect stivy. Has almost 1k red scales, and he the only one farming them/serping all, why he wants this change, wont hurt him.

I love people who complain about dragons look at how many actually go to BD and ice dragon spawn. there are people who care only about gc but gc isn't all that great with farming dragons... its not "win/win" from what i have experienced melee wise. i have to risk breaking gear 95% more than those who pin the mob, on top of it there is a 8min respawn timer. so take the good with the bad, risk being serped as a ranger, breaking gear as a melee and dragons ignore you.

- soLo

No to them being in PK areas, as usually, you want to influence people to go into PK, not blatantly force them to if they want to do certain things.

And soLo makes a good point. Rangers risk a serp and meleers risk broken equipment, so the practice is not entirely without cost. Keep it as it is imo