Eternal Lands Official Forums
littlebro2

Red Dragon spawn is taken

Put several Red Dragons in there and make it multi-combat .... end of problem.

But then end-of-fun for many because of reacting to one greedy person.

What about just giving rangers something else they can kill with profit (like it is for RD)?

I asked Radu more than once to consider changes that will allow rangers to train/farm on other monsters, not only RDs.

If there is an alternative monster (several spawns, so no more serping) which will allow to range and get at least slight profit it will solve the problem. To balance it and not make it a target of mele-serpers for coin, make it only vulnerable to damage from ranged attacks.

As for RD itself, make it not possible to PIN (I also suggested this more than once) since it is way too easy to kill him for low level players.

Why not simply make ice dragon scales and blue dragon scales, also instance time reduceable like, rd 30 hours bd 35 hours ice dragon 40 hours blue dragon 50 hours. That should give more diversity on the scales markets. As one person cannot corner it allone anymore.

And it should solve the spawn problem too.

Edited by vinoveritas

Put several Red Dragons in there and make it multi-combat .... end of problem.

But then end-of-fun for many because of reacting to one greedy person.

That would be counter productive, Learner. Many have RD ignore level so putting many red dragons in the same cave just lowers the respawn waiting time :)

Why not simply make ice dragon scales and blue dragon scales, also instance time reduceable like, rd 30 hours bd 35 hours ice dragon 40 hours blue dragon 50 hours. That should give more diversity on the scales markets. As one person cannot corner it allone anymore.

And it should solve the spawn problem too.

Having all scale reduce isn't the best idea. The blud bd and id all appear in instance and invanves yet rds don't. If anything other dragon scales should reduce less than rd.

Edited by teacher

no need for:

• extra spawns
  • multi combat
  • impossible pin
  • black and ice scales for reduced cooldown
  • max number of dragon spawns per day
  • more bad guys
  • asking politely
  • more tears
  • serp wars
  • lost time

The solution will be surprising to you: Make the RD scales reduce 1 hour each.

Result:

• nobody wants to use the scales because they cost too much so they will just wait the regular cooldown.
  • less instances
  • better chance for drops in instances is possible (if radu wants that)
  • RD+LM become more expensive
  • less rostogol are lost
  • you can finally spend your $ or gc on something else then Rostogol
  • you can go with big teams because you have no expenses for RD scales.
  • more teamplay
  • less 3-man instances
  • less regular playtime

Have fun, cya this weekend. :laugh:

I loved getting my own scales for instances...especially while in a range where it didnt pay off to buy. And instances are one of the main fun parts of the game for me...

The solution will be surprising to you: Make the RD scales reduce 1 hour each.

Result:

• nobody wants to use the scales because they cost too much so they will just wait the regular cooldown.
  • less instances
  • better chance for drops in instances is possible (if radu wants that)
  • RD+LM become more expensive
  • less rostogol are lost
  • you can finally spend your $ or gc on something else then Rostogol
  • you can go with big teams because you have no expenses for RD scales.
  • more teamplay
  • less 3-man instances
  • less regular playtime

Have fun, cya this weekend. :laugh:

Oh really?

How about:

If scales reduce 1 hr, people will use invasion tokens and serp prices will go up another factor of 10 making anything that uses them totally impossible to manu or alch for a profit.

People will go even more often because that's what they pay for and teams will be even smaller on average so there is at least some profit.

I have no idea what you base your statement on, but it seems far from realistic.

Edited by Maxine

I have no idea what you base your statement on, but it seems far from realistic.

My asupmtion was based on, that token didn't exist. I totally forgot about them because I never use buy them.

How do you evaluate the statement now ?

Edited by SolarStar

My asupmtion was based on, that token didn't exist. I totally forgot about them because I never use buy them.

How do you evaluate the statement now ?

... a bunch of crap.

Well i go with 4 man to wtf, not only because of profits, but because the challange of an instance, a 3 man instance would be more fun but the risk of it is a bit high, as people are known to grue. a 5 man team makes it sometimes to easy and is really only doable if nobody reduced time. That on the other hand rarly happens. i plea for adding other dragon scales to the reducement mix, as a solution, as it keeps up the people wanting to do instances, reduces the need for red dragon scales for that reason, and open them up for other uses like red dragon armor too :)

One man's greed shouldn't stop others from having fun. It is counterproductive for the community as a whole.

Yet can't blame stivy for being able to do something that is allowed by the rulez:)

Edited by Mythos