Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Mind

My EL Character Will Soon be 10 Years Old

Mr. Mind, I honestly want to say congratulations on your achievements! And one day I hope to read a book about the game that we love so much! Grats again! :fire:

Excellent work... and you are not the only one to use EL and the lessons from it in classes.....

As for a published work - Julian Dibbell took it a whole lot further - strongly recommend buying a copy of his book - 'Play Money'

When you do get the book published do let us know.

Edited by Raz

Congratulations, Mr.Mind!

I want to add more thanks to Radu and other EL staff for:

1. My english level was grown up from A1-A2 to C1 regards EL :) Now I can watch movies w/o crappy translations (which ruins the sence and fun), making new friends outside my country, I'm even trying to get a job outside my country.

2. Salary. I started to play EL in my home city where was crappy GPRS internet only (which made me Mason 2 achievement pretty easy), and I was thinking about move to the city with better internet. Also it helped me to raise my salary. Nowadays my salary 8x times more than salary which I had in my home city.

3. My character (not ingame, IRL character). I became more honorable, faithful and trustworthy, now I have a friends who really respect me and who I can trust everything.

Thanks for all who helped me to reach all of it, it's really huge work and great achievements.

Mr Mind,

The fact that you were able to look at a game, analyse it and then respond to it the way you did, especially as a teenager at the time, is hugely impressive. I would definitely like to read your book.

Congratulations on your achievements in college, and I have no doubt that you will be a huge success in all your endeavours if you approach them with the same attitude.

Well done!

EP

MR. MInd! :) I remember those days where ppl were cursing about RICH messing with the economy, was fun to watch the development of it all and how simple it was for you to do it. Gratz on your success and keep it up!

It might be a few years before the story is finished because I have other projects closer to being publishable quality (and I need more money).

I can't post the paper because I didn't bother publishing it in a journal and I want to keep that option open the future. I would also like to keep myself anonymous in EL as long as possible.

a truly inspiring story. for all those who tease me for playing EL (or any computer game) I shall show them this thread and say "Eat Worms!!"

Well done Mr Mind, I didn't know how successful you had become because of your exploits in EL. It is really a fantastic game with both elements from the "real" world and from fantasy. I love the game so much I have never properly quit and have been playing since early 2006. Thanks Radu and everyone who works on this game.

Lu05

Wow, very nice to hear. Did you think to actually rewrite the book, in a longer form, and try to get it published?

Someday I will re-write everything (because honestly, it's not well written) and try to get it published as a book. Right now I have other projects that need fewer revisions and I need more time/money.

You've posted enough information it's easy for people to find you.

The title of the paper was sufficient.

Ohh congrats on the success Mr Mind! I seriously look forward to reading your paper.

Hello,

Congratulations on achieving all of this. Your example should be used against all that crap about how bad video games are.

I never bothered to calculate the value of everything I milked out of EL, but it's a big number. And what am I going to do now? Well, I might try to publish a book about EL....

How about a decent donation? :whistle:

Hello,

Congratulations on achieving all of this. Your example should be used against all that crap about how bad video games are.

I never bothered to calculate the value of everything I milked out of EL, but it's a big number. And what am I going to do now? Well, I might try to publish a book about EL....

How about a decent donation? :whistle:

In fact my examples are being used to demonstrate how video games aren't all bad. Except I probably spent an unhealthy amount of time playing EL, especially in the summer.

I'll never donate any money though. I think I have better uses for it.