Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Eternal Lands Android client (new version)

http://www.eternal-l...nds android.apk

This is optional, but if you want better quality maps download this: http://www.eternal-l....el.android.obb then place it in a dir called Android\obb\el.android (on your phone)

Changelog:

- showing other players - monsters not included.

- showing npcs

- showing inventory

- storage usage

- zoomable maps

- harvesting

- bug fixes

This client is made by Domino, so for questions and suggestions PM him in game or post here.

Are you sure you typed the correct username/password? I can't think to another reason to get that error message. I will look over the code once i get home, but until than please clear the text inputs and type the credentials again:)

Great work Domino!

<edit> Note client crashes if you try drop items into a bag.

Edited by EnoB

Awesome work with the android client :)

Still i can't connect with 3G , with wifi it works . With 3G it nevers beyond the login screen it stucks there and after some secs it crashes .Maybe an ip problem ?

Edited by anemone

<edit> Note client crashes if you try drop items into a bag.

You can't drop items.. Lol never tested that since droping wasn't implemented. Thanks. Heads up: don't move items outside the inv window:D

Still i can't connect with 3G , with wifi it works . With 3G it nevers beyond the login screen it stucks there and after some secs it crashes .Maybe an ip problem ?

Yes, seems like a 3g issue, maybe the port is blocked by the provider. On the other hand after some time you should get an error message, not a crash... I'll look into it.

Yes, seems like a 3g issue, maybe the port is blocked by the provider. On the other hand after some time you should get an error message, not a crash... I'll look into it.

Tried twice using vpn with 3G and i can log ...

Edited by anemone

thnx. Domino, usable version for harvesting :D

3g works here fine.

edit: but a big lag with 3g. thats normal.

bad username password can happen easily if you have pw with capital letters or special signs. I tried login often, until i recognized i made a lot of typo, coz writing on screenkeyboard is a little bit different as normnal keyboard.

Edited by DerSachse

Trade, magic and mixing:D. I'll implement trade next.

Good luck. It is a little tricky. At least you don't have to program trading for a Bot though. Ugh. Bot trading code is hard.

3G in general sucks. It is worse on some carriers. AT&T 3G seems to really suck for me. Consider 3G to be dialup with static on the line. Packets may be dropped or corrupted going in either direction. Some phones may have worse 3G or may not support some cellphone towers. My phone is a little old. I have no clue how good your phone is.

3G in general sucks. It is worse on some carriers. AT&T 3G seems to really suck for me. Consider 3G to be dialup with static on the line. Packets may be dropped or corrupted going in either direction. Some phones may have worse 3G or may not support some cellphone towers. My phone is a little old. I have no clue how good your phone is.

I was able to log via VPN with 3G, used an application from google play store .I don't think it is bad connection because it says HDSPA and from i read it says it is a bit better than 3G and there isn't a problem when loading web pages or even streaming videos .

Edited by anemone

it feels like you have the controls backwards for zoom.

pinch in is zoom out

pinch out is zoom in.

i think its suppost to be the other way around.

~~NC~~ all harvs checked.

it was mum icon for WaL just south of votd flag on other side of river.

sto map is out of alignment

sto door is in the wall SW of sto

4 nightshade icons inside the south wall but only 1 is harvestsbe

ALL doors are out of alignment

rue north of storage left of rose quarts has an icon of nightsades

seems i get stuck with bridges

by the bot AmosMoses in NC WaL's have nightshade icon

north of blue quarts has 2 WaL icons. right one is sunflowers

right side of north bridge is 4 Blue stars. north one says to far.

Edited by Stronze

for the better quality maps, you have

Android\obb\el.android

for a file path but on my tablet, /obb doesnt have el.andriod

i tried to use my linux mint to access files but oddly, it wont sub folders and such

Edited by Stronze

I've had the same problem getting onto the main server when i connect by tethering my phone to my laptop. Test server works fine. I came to the conclusion that vodafone block port 2000 for some reason.

EDIT: Although now that i think about it, I never ran into this issue with the android client.

Edited by tork_unib

3g works fine for me on the phone or turning it into a wifi hotspot and connecting my tablet to it.

Radu, i checked smart phone and it also doesnt have file path but i havent used my laptop tp see if i can do it that way.

Is your andriod client rooted?

Domino - a harving status is needed.

Maybe a icon in one of the top corners that shows when your harving and later on mybe for mixing.

i also think change in back button to go actor from map or console and log out when on actor.

I think changing it so inven icon closes inven also so i dont need to move my hand to exit inven

***SRM***

Tulips just north of sto has nightshade icon

Kerr_azy says harv icons wont show on her verizon droid razor max

It seems afterlaying for a bit, client makes digi keyboard extremely sluggish to respond

EL crashed for some odd reason. When outside to smoke and had fidget with the brightness.

Thought maybe it was screen saver after hitting sleep button but crash wouldny repeat

Edited by Stronze

for the better quality maps, you have

Android\obb\el.android

for a file path but on my tablet, /obb doesnt have el.andriod

i tried to use my linux mint to access files but oddly, it wont sub folders and such

I created this directory on both my phone and tablet. Works fine. Just create the folder named el.android and put the downloaded file inside it.

I didnt think of that bones.

I created folder and add file but i dont notice anything different.

****PL****

Honey comb has branch icon and i dont see branch harv itself.

Thinking it could be stacked under honey comb

Edited by Stronze

I also tested that. I have to manually edit some maps. Maybe remove the useless icons and make sure i only display the useful ones. It's going to be a tedious work, but i will do it for at least some popular places.