Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Gold for advertising

Gold for advertising  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor for selling gold coins to use the money for advertising?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

I'm pretty sure you mean all the active players who already spend tonnes on shop. those that rarely buy from shop, or those that are left in lower brackets wont. Cheap rostos would be blessing, though i doubt that'll happen again, since the entire games populance mindset has evolved, and is different to thtat of years past.

I voted no, btw.

I found the original thread and actually most of the players that had voted there said they'd buy the gold membership. Most doesn't equal to all :P Anyway original idea included benefits to non fighters too, so it wouldn't be just fighters that buy the membership. I believe anyone can afford 5 or 10 $ price per month. No one has ever said paying the monthly fee in WoW is a problem, but when it comes to some free game where you'd volutarily pay and get some benefits, then it's like buying a new car.

I will say it and I will say it for 40% of people i know playing el that can't afford monthly fee and don't want you to know their financial situation and are very nice people. Paying a monthly fee in EL is a problem!!

It is a turn off and many people stop playing games cause of this, why bother when you can buy the CD with a serial # as proof that you shown your support and play only with their servers FREE. Also those same people who go to stores to buy those type of games can buy another cd for another serial # to run multiple instances of the game legally , so its not cheating and you don't get perma banned.

radu, aislinn, and others have to deal with soo much crap from repeat offenders its BS. they can't enjoy their playtime, wait what playtime, surprised they don't have brain aneurysm

My Point : this game is beta, always changing, and free out of the kindness of their hearts, they put up with soo much crap, I, my wife, many others have shown their support for the game by buying what we can afford in items, And I got lifetime p2p, which cost $50 usd which is more than some other online games from BIG companies that pay out millions to make a game. thus also should have access to this membership status which you state "I believe anyone can afford 5 or 10 $ price per month"

This statement is FALSE, people have fixed incomes, I barely can keep food on table, roof over head, and electric for AC. one may say then get a job, I had one, but now I cannot work not cause i don't want to but because I am physically unable, HELL I shoulda been dead, let alone be alive with minimal use of the right side of my body.

We are lucky radu has a shop to make our EL life easier, And allows others who can't afford items through the shop to work hard in EL to be able to obtain these items through others whom can afford to buy them through the EL shop which has shown support of this beta game which is NOT run by multi billion dollar corporation, this creates the economy in EL.

(this is for black market people not you Miiks)

Why not show support for the game and help out with advertising. they have a life too and expenses and still let people play for free and put up with one headache after another. In all honesty they should have the game read computers unique proccessor serial number then make it into a hash md5 in which would generate a serial number for the game unique to the computer and when a player logs into the game that serial # should be automated to be added to the character in which can only be removed from the system by being honest to the owners in order to prevent a perma bann for breaking any rules.

Then let the game be automated and then bann any serial number for illegal gameplay of any sort they deam worthy and make you have to buy either a new computer or processor to get another unique id. this would be a costly learning curve for anyone that disreguards the rules. and free up owners and mods time and maybe get a good nights sleep. They bend over backwards for lots of people and yet whats wrong with them asking for people to show support through the game instead of going to black market to get ahead. Radu can sell you any item in game, if he doesn't it may be because he has a reason behind it, Just ask the guy.

In conclusion First off I'm sorry if I offended anyone here, And sorry I barked at you Miiks but in RL economy is going to shit world wide and I pray you don't have to experieence in the future what i see everyday. I'm sure at some point we all would have been banned as per the rules of EL, Even my household would have if radu & aislinn hadn't taken their time to listen unlike a multi million dolllar corporation, for everything is logged, be glad its not automated like it could be stated above & that radu, aislinn, and the mods take their time to work with us to enjoy it here. My purpose of this reply is to show support however you can to let the community grow, give pro's AND con's (like many have), all suggestions are welcome. And think about it, how would you feel watching all the profitable income that could be used for advertisement, other expenses that could grow and better the game, or even in your pocket for profit going to the black market.

P.S. I would completely understand if I got a forum bann for this post, this is just my opinion and how i feel about it.

I'm not going to quote anything, since it would be too time consuming. Anyway the idea of membership was, that it would be more like supporting the game with small benefits. It wouldn't be compulsory neither would you get any yber exp bonuses or something for paying it. Also if the lowered rosto prices for members happened, it would also benefit those who can't / don't want to pay the fee. You can either pay GC to someone with member status to buy you rostos or I believe there's going to be loads of market to them anyway which decreases the price in game too.

Also you can use your gc to pay the monthly fee by getting another player paying the $. With nowadays gc rates it's pretty high cost tho.

Edited by Miiks

I would pay $5 a month to not have mini events while harvesting :P

I like radu's idea about a gold membership more then making everyone pay a fee and making everyone pay a fee will limit the amount of new players that are willing to start a new game

Edited by Orick

Please, lets not have membership :( One of the good things about EL is there's no memberships, unlike RuneScape. But Miiks idea for slightly lowering rosto cost doesn't sound entirely terrible, so if it does happen, that would prolly be best route

Please, lets not have membership :( One of the good things about EL is there's no memberships, unlike RuneScape. But Miiks idea for slightly lowering rosto cost doesn't sound entirely terrible, so if it does happen, that would prolly be best route

So we need to bring in more money to the game ang your best idea in doing that is to make stuff cost less? The only thing that will do is put more Rostos in the game, people who spend 100 usd on Rostos will still only spend 100 usd on Rostos but rather then but them as often as they do they will buy them less often because there will be less of a demand for them... How does this help?

And this game should stay a free game... Adding a NEW feature that costs money will NOT take away from YOUR fun in the game, but it will bring back people that left due to the mini events and charge THEM to play... People are so dumb when they say that making new features cost money takes from there game experience

Edited by Orick

So we need to bring in more money to the game ang your best idea in doing that is to make stuff cost less? The only thing that will do is put more Rostos in the game, people who spend 100 usd on Rostos will still only spend 100 usd on Rostos but rather then but them as often as they do they will buy them less often because there will be less of a demand for them... How does this help?

Well also notice people would be more willing to risk their rostos if they cost less, so it might increase their demand. Also if ND maps in PK would be removed, it might again raise the demand for rostos. Add the 5 $ per month by players that are willing to pay for membership, I think it would be pretty much a +/- 0 Situation for business and add loads of enjoyment for players. Lowering the prices isn't always the worst option available.

Well also notice people would be more willing to risk their rostos if they cost less, so it might increase their demand. Also if ND maps in PK would be removed, it might again raise the demand for rostos. Add the 5 $ per month by players that are willing to pay for membership, I think it would be pretty much a +/- 0 Situation for business and add loads of enjoyment for players. Lowering the prices isn't always the worst option available.

Depends on how the price is being driven down. If the price is driven down by cheaper IRL money... price is still going to drop, just not as much as we like, and rosto becomes most profitable item to buy from shop to buy GC. And that means more people will buy rostos putting more ingame. So as far as I can tell, the end result you mentioned is negligible.

And for $5, depends on what the $5 is for. If it's partial like Runescape, eh. If it's to play (quite doubtful this is the case), it will kill the game.

Depends on how the price is being driven down. If the price is driven down by cheaper IRL money... price is still going to drop, just not as much as we like, and rosto becomes most profitable item to buy from shop to buy GC. And that means more people will buy rostos putting more ingame. So as far as I can tell, the end result you mentioned is negligible.

Uhhh this is what I mean, I don't really get what you are trying to criticize in my post.

I voted that I dont care. Reason is i can see the appeal of this, generating more $ to help the game but also cause the people who spend a butt load of $ already on the game will get this gc which to me the rich people in el just keep getting richer while everyone else will have to work even harder to get the same stuff. I like the idea of having a special shop item auction every month or week or what ever, will make it more fun i think than just gc all the time and will encourage people to buy stuff from the shop. Also since the money is being sold already then it makes my vote pointless.

Edited by nixxy4ever

I voted that I dont care. Reason is i can see the appeal of this, generating more $ to help the game but also cause the people who spend a butt load of $ already on the game will get this gc which to me the rich people in el just keep getting richer while everyone else will have to work even harder to get the same stuff. I like the idea of having a special shop item auction every month or week or what ever, will make it more fun i think than just gc all the time and will encourage people to buy stuff from the shop. Also since the money is being sold already then it makes my vote pointless.

How does someone els working less make it so you have to work harder then you already work to get the same thing?

I'm not sure if its just my perspective or if its actually working already but I have been working with and seeing more new players in the game then in a long time.... So something's working in my opinion

How does someone els working less make it so you have to work harder then you already work to get the same thing?

I'm not sure if its just my perspective or if its actually working already but I have been working with and seeing more new players in the game then in a long time.... So something's working in my opinion

I have noticed several new players aswell while harvesting some flowers in votd and have offered them a helping hand. Hopefully they stick around.

Ignoring one of your sentences, and your thinking down my path. You lower price, people have more fun, and risk death more often. More risk, means more rostos burnt, means more rostos sold, even if it's for less. It also makes it more fun. Funner game makes happier players, happier players more likely to invest. I'm not very sure on the membership, because you have a decent number of the games population without direct access to paypal (usually due to age).