Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Gold for advertising

Gold for advertising  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor for selling gold coins to use the money for advertising?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

it sounds like youre contradicting yourself to me and im really not following lol

Edited by _RAH_

it sounds like youre contradicting yourself to me and im really not following lol

I don't really understand what you mean by this. But surely the biggest reason for people taking part to auction is the will to support the game, otherwise it's much easier, faster and most probable cheaper to buy from black market.

I'm not arguing the auction is a bad thing.. i originally said when i made my first comment on this thread i think its a wonderful idea. im just unclear on why youre saying is all its all good though. we're all entitled to our opinions i was simply voicing a few ideas

Edited by _RAH_

I voted no to selling gc's from shop, though I do agree with the general idea.

Auctioning Nexus stones, special weapons, armour,. even perks would be more interesting to me, and would probably bring in more $ for advertising then gc's.

Granted, you know the game economy better than anyone else, so I would suggest alternating the monthly auction prize.

Wiz

I voted no to selling gc's from shop, though I do agree with the general idea.

Auctioning Nexus stones, special weapons, armour,. even perks would be more interesting to me, and would probably bring in more $ for advertising then gc's.

Granted, you know the game economy better than anyone else, so I would suggest alternating the monthly auction prize.

Wiz

Agree with this, although I'm not voting until people make a proper agruement for and against.

I vote "No", because entering new gold coins raise inflation in game.

This may be true, like Entropy said, it is a small amount in comparison to the whole, however, if the advertising was succesfull, then there would be more players in comparison to the amount of gc's too

I voted "IDC" because well, I don't really care. I can't afford 2m and I'm not wholly convinced anybody can know for sure whether this is a good or bad thing. Inflation is really low in this game due to lack of players.

Hmmm

At first i was like eek. Then i agreed with the idea. Plus i remember a few years ago when the discussion was about harvesters selling gc, And i thought said back then why not just sell gc from shop.

So now I'll get to my agenda. Sence Gc sellers are still around and gc is now being allowed from shop.

- How about the removal of mini events.

- How about selling Nexus stones from shop.

- Lower the price of rostos so the people are not so scared to loose them and more willing to fight again.

- Create a C3 with a monthly price with benefits.

Now that we are finally getting gc from shop lets get the ball rolling on all the other stuff that has been talked about.

No reason we should have to grind 12 hours a day to be able to afford to be able to shoot some training arrows. Or enter a Pro instance to make a 8k gc profit. While we are risking a 50k gc rosto that cost 5 dallors from the shop. How about getting back to letting people have fun. Fun makes a happy player which equals more players who will spend money.

I'd love to see the monthly voluntary fee added and by paying that you'd get rostos for cheaper and maybe some extra bonuses too. Let's say 5 or even 10 $ per month and after that you'd get rostos for 1 or 2 $. Imo that would make rostomarket more healthy and I believe most of the active players would pay the fee every month -> regular income.

There was this gold membership suggestion by radu a few years ago, I wonder why it never happened? I don't even remember what was included in it, but with those bonuses and cheaper rostos I believe it would be good change for keeping players active.

I'm pretty sure you mean all the active players who already spend tonnes on shop. those that rarely buy from shop, or those that are left in lower brackets wont. Cheap rostos would be blessing, though i doubt that'll happen again, since the entire games populance mindset has evolved, and is different to thtat of years past.

I voted no, btw.

I'm pretty sure you mean all the active players who already spend tonnes on shop. those that rarely buy from shop, or those that are left in lower brackets wont. Cheap rostos would be blessing, though i doubt that'll happen again, since the entire games populance mindset has evolved, and is different to thtat of years past.

I voted no, btw.

I found the original thread and actually most of the players that had voted there said they'd buy the gold membership. Most doesn't equal to all :P Anyway original idea included benefits to non fighters too, so it wouldn't be just fighters that buy the membership. I believe anyone can afford 5 or 10 $ price per month. No one has ever said paying the monthly fee in WoW is a problem, but when it comes to some free game where you'd volutarily pay and get some benefits, then it's like buying a new car.

Edited by Miiks

The lack of gold coins happens in my oppinion because we have and we are spreading into a two class society in EL. Those who buy gc for real $ and those who do not and play fair . Items will always be sold to the players who bid the most . And for a moment it is great when you can suddenly make more gc with simple items. I remember that Fire Essences were 3gc in the past. Today players pay 5.5gc - 6gc. So am I right when I say this means 100% inflation ?

This means that you loose half the value of the gc that you have and your future income!

The practise of buying items for $ and gold coins for $ and even characters for $ comes not from EL but from bigger games like Word of Warcraft, i think. So many player who come into EL and have played other games before think maybe it is normal to do this. But every gc that is sold for real life money hurts the economy. At the moment it has not much influence in the game because there are maybe 10 player who have all attribute 48 (with 2000US$) and the average player do this in small amounts. But remember, this message goes out to everyone:

If you sell items or characters or gc for real life money , it is YOU that contributes to the evil cycle. You are beeing egoistic for a short goal , but you are really hurting the economy for a long time. So stop selling gc in the first place. Radu doesnt see a dime out of your transactions. So maybe it is only natural that he comes to the idea.. "hey I should do this too". And I votes : yes .

Edited by SolarStar

- Create a C3 with a monthly price with benefits.

Can we not have EL go down the route of RuneScape where certain areas are members-only. That's one of the main frustrations of RuneScape, and I'm quite happy we don't have that problem in EL.

In terms of auction - why don't we try it for a couple months, see if it has any adverse or positive effects, then work from there?

How does a 100% inflation mean half of all future real income? And how does the doubling of the price of one specific item inflation? And there is real incentive to sell gc illegally, the gain is short term yes, but it outweighs any long term economic effects for them.

The lack of gold coins happens in my oppinion because we have and we are spreading into a two class society in EL. Those who buy gc for real $ and those who do not and play fair . Items will always be sold to the players who bid the most . And for a moment it is great when you can suddenly make more gc with simple items. I remember that Fire Essences were 3gc in the past. Today players pay 5.5gc - 6gc. So am I right when I say this means 100% inflation ?

The FE prices increased because they are part of the steel bar -> s2e -> hydro formula. hydro (+nexus removals) have been a base for the economy in EL for a while now.

In fact hydro and nexus removals (add to that PK arrows, etc..) are the main gc sinks in this game.

The economy is not THAT horrible because the same things that cause price hikes are the things that contribute to removing gc from the game.

Similar thing with HE prices going from 6.5 to 9 gcs each. It's because everyone wants to buy their HE these days instead of mix it. There is very high demand.

However things like rostogol and binding prices are completely controlled by inflation.

There is a lot of money between instances, etc.. -> people can afford expensive rostogols -> That means you are going to charge them a lot for rostogols -> people needs lots of money to afford those expensive rostogols so they can do instances, etc..

It's really a big loop.

It can be fixed by naturally putting more rostogols in the game but those are afterall part of the game's income and main shop items.

But it can be done and I remember the game was flooded with naturally occurring EFE to drive their price back to under 11k each.

It's a tricky situation. On one hand you want rostogol to sell from shop. high ingame rostogol price makes it attractive as a shop item because the ingame return is good. On the second hand you want those rostogols actually selling ingame but the high ingame price doesn't help with that. But you can somewhat force their sale by regularly running invances, implementing instances (we already have that), invansions, which deplete the rostogols from the game AND give us more gcs to buy more rostogols.

A 10% increase in the gc entering the game will quickly get absorbed. I doubt it isn't increasing every month on it's own anyway.

Edited by hussam

And its the mixers that tend to notbuy from shop, thats why their mixers. Their making the money that you bought off shop. Personallly, i would love rostos to dip in price, as that is main reason why lower levels dont do anything thats fun.

As soon as you offer an item that is membership only, or area, then you alienate the populance of the game that cannot afford to pay you. And you also have to make sure that areas and membership items are balanced so their not unfair on those who cant use/buy them, since they are not a member. And we haven't got balanced great swords, so excuse me for assuming a member only inclusion in the game would increase the inbalance in game.

Iirc radu said gold buyers and sellers caused inflation...and this happens.

Edited by JoeButler

And its the mixers that tend to notbuy from shop, thats why their mixers. Their making the money that you bought off shop. Personallly, i would love rostos to dip in price, as that is main reason why lower levels dont do anything thats fun.

Actually mixers buy pretty much from shop, binding stones etc.

As soon as you offer an item that is membership only, or area, then you alienate the populance of the game that cannot afford to pay you. And you also have to make sure that areas and membership items are balanced so their not unfair on those who cant use/buy them, since they are not a member. And we haven't got balanced great swords, so excuse me for assuming a member only inclusion in the game would increase the inbalance in game.

Iirc radu said gold buyers and sellers caused inflation...and this happens.

Lowering rosto prices for members would cause their price to drop ingame too. It might not go back to where it was few years ago, but 20-30k drop in price might be possible.

If you sell items or characters or gc for real life money , it is YOU that contributes to the evil cycle. You are beeing egoistic for a short goal , but you are really hurting the economy for a long time.

If you sell gc to player it is not making inflation, because this deal do not increase or decrease global gold coins count in game. Inflation raise disbalansed incoming (drop from mobs, money from NPC, and now money from radu) and outcoming gc streams (buying stuff from NPC). Ppl have big count of gc, all want to buy, noone want to sell, prices grow.

Edited by kapbepucm

Hmmm

At first i was like eek. Then i agreed with the idea. Plus i remember a few years ago when the discussion was about harvesters selling gc, And i thought said back then why not just sell gc from shop.

So now I'll get to my agenda. Sence Gc sellers are still around and gc is now being allowed from shop.

Not that i think any real gold farmer is harvesting (it would be 6000 ore at 2.5gc each for a farmer to harvest to make only $1 - that's $2 dollars a day maybe for a hardcore harvesting gold farmer).

Removing Mini events would retain a lot more of the "new players" that will be checking our game out and probably bring back some casual players or people who quit because if their life got a little busier and with mini events there's pretty much nothing to do in the game for them. I think this deters more people from playing than is realized.

I started out as a casual player. for my frist 6 months All I did was harvest afk in the diamond mine for exp (back then noone was high enough magic level to use air essence so it was useless). I later got more into the game. had there been Mini events I would not have stayed here I am sure of that.

Also it would not ruin the economy if some people are harvesting while doing homework or cleaning their rooms.. 500 or 1k more ore in their storage is not going to affect prices.

LOL, it took about 10 years but for once I agree with Scorpion King :D

Edited by LuciferX

I agree with LuciferX and Scorpion_King. I think we all realize the reason for mini events, but it seems to have just caused more trouble than it was worth. I know this is way off topic to what the OP was, but they have a point. IMO, 2mgc will not effect the economy at all... There are too many items on bots to be bought with that gc that it will only help bot owners.

LOL, it took about 10 years but for once I agree with Scorpion King :D

Haha...

Make it a neg perk or make a pos perk that can be done by quest to get rid of it

I would at least disable it for people under 200 EMU. afk harvesting is not easy under 200EMU.

Make it a neg perk or make a pos perk that can be done by quest to get rid of it

That's actually a good idea and Hussam has a good solution to the newbies not being affected when they try the game out