Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
loir

Snares

I know it has been suggested to increase the time of snares and also to link that time to engineering level. Those are good suggestions and I think they would help make snares more useful, but I have some new ideas.

-If you get trapped by a snare have a base of 1% chance to get cooldowned. This percentage could go up with engineering level.

-regardless of the trap time of the snare do not allow magic to be used while trapped. As it is right now you can just ttr out of the snare or tele to portal room. This would also prevent restoring while trapped.

"to increase the time of snares and also to link that time to engineering level." +1 but ....

It would be nice if snare is made via crafting with a working time linked to engineering. What I mean is to don't force snare user to have big engineering level, just make it dependeble of the crafter. This way I don't need to invest in engineering and still can use it efficient way (might be wise to do the same for all traps, bombs, caltrops, etc).

Devnul, That sounds me to like "connect ranging accuracy to alchemy lvl,so i dont need to invest expensive ranging" :confused: And yes..my eng lvl is higher than crafting...what's the point?

Little,

The thing is I want to use snares as ranger (BTW, bad example with the ranging – alchemy :D ). But I do not want to invest in engineering in order for snare to have decent hold-time.

Would be also great if all, snare, caltrops, mines properties be given by crafter (based on the craft-engineering level). In other words, I want to buy snare that holds creature for 10s, not level engineering to be able use one as such.

Edited by Devnul

What Devnul is asking for is impossible - having items based on level of maker not user. There is no difference between a snare made by a 10th level engineer and those made by a 50th level engineer because the game does not keep track of properties of objects.