Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miiks

NMT's, NMT's everywhere. Way to get rid of them?

It seems everyone and their dogs has NMT capes nowadays and their price has had pretty bad inflation. Since they aren't even breaking they just flow in and practically never go out except for rare occasion when they're BRODed etc. Soooo I was thinking about a quest where you'd use an NMT cape and get some kind of reward as a return. I'd suggest it to be a little lower break chance for first equipment slot. Whatever you wear on that slot, it degrades less easily. And maybe some kind of achi too for those who are interested about them.

And no, I didn't get NMT drop lately so I'm not having any secret motives. Anyway if I did get extra NMT as a drop, I would just use it for the quest myself too. Personally I think this is much better option to keep NMT's in control instead of making them breakable again. I wonder if anyone actually broke one while they were breakable for a while?

Opinion, ideas etc.?

P.S. I would also be interested in hearing instance/invance/whatever tank's opinions about the aggro system atm. Would you rather prefer some kind of aggro spell or is the system you use atm good enough (some of already existing spells, plate off)? I'm having some kind of idea about aggro spell, but I'm not going to waste my time for suggesting it unless people are unhappy with the system we have now. Personally I think it's pretty ridiculous to play with your plate to get monster's aggro on you: "Hey look Mr. dragon, I just put my plate in my backbag, u no notice anyone else than me now!" If EL was real life, that might work when a woman was fighting a man and taking plate off, but I quess it would seem just weird if you did that with real life dragon.

Edited by Miiks

i think they should be breakable unless mixed into a cape of no more warlock. 'solve' 2 'problems' with one stone.

i think they should be breakable unless mixed into a cape of no more warlock. 'solve' 2 'problems' with one stone.

Well it takes only 1 NMT, so it wouldn't really reduce their number ingame since no one would use normal NMT cape then. But otherwise that isn't a bad idea!

Edited by Miiks

I say do nothing because it's fine the way it is..

But it's getting "worse" whole time since new NMT's are flowing in game. Old players get higher level and start fighting stronger mobs that drop NMT's and not that many new players are starting to play. The price is dropping whole time and in near future it won't at least start rising unless something is done. At some point NMT's will be worth nothing and then something really has to be done, so do we start making changes now or when it has gone to shit?

At least I don't like the idea NMT perk would be automation to everyone since the cape is so cheap. Secondly I would be glad if the really really rare drop would actually be worth something when I actually get one. It's not really great feeling to get an NMT cape and then notice they cost 10k at market.

Or you (actually radu) can close your eyes and see what happens.

Also to add to my original suggestion: It would be nice if also pickaxes, harv med etc. would have their break chance lowered if worn on the first slot. So the quest would benefit also non fighter type of players.

Edited by Miiks

cheapest NMT on bot 398k. 6 bots buying NMT for 300k or more. (http://greypal.el-fd...ore tears&sets=) Last nmt bought on marketplace forums for 350k. I'd say they are selling for plenty even if there are 'tons' around.

Also, it's really hard for one person to know what "everyone" or "no one" would do.

Edited by Nova

I was thinking along the same line of making them breakable but increase there chance of drop... I think they should be as common and breakable as mirror capes...

If they do become that way I also think it would be nice to be able to mix them into armor to give just that piece of armor an increased version of the NMT perk

Who says that the NMTs doesn't have the correct price now? Why does the NMT need to cost 1mgc or similar? The price is what it is now and if it aint the right one it will change.

To be honest, i like the quest idea, and it would get me to buy one, and i already have the perk.

I like the idea of NMWs being only unbreakables, and NMT break, though if they did that, i would say make the required tai level higher and more nexus required, like 6 magic & 6 arti.

anyway, entris, everybody has different opinions of pricing of such objects, but tbh, its a game where a universal hood costs more than a functional piece of armor, nothing makes sense.

I just want that excellent reward that Miiks came up with.

To be honest, i like the quest idea, and it would get me to buy one, and i already have the perk.

I like the idea of NMWs being only unbreakables, and NMT break, though if they did that, i would say make the required tai level higher and more nexus required, like 6 magic & 6 arti.

anyway, entris, everybody has different opinions of pricing of such objects, but tbh, its a game where a universal hood costs more than a functional piece of armor, nothing makes sense.

I just want that excellent reward that Miiks came up with.

I only responded to the post where the GC nagging was not the suggestion itself, ofc ppl want things to be cheaper/more expensive it all depends on what side of the table you are standing at, but to comment the suggestion too well - I don't think it will be used so much that there will be a dip in the amount/price of NMTs.. Edited by Entris

Well yes, but it'd be a start. And tbh, half the games items dont make sense on pricing, with smeg items more expensive than better ones. The whole weapon/armour/capes/etc. system should be balanced, then a more fitting way of reducing NMTs would make sense. But tbh, the game has much more significant changes that should be made.

Who says that the NMTs doesn't have the correct price now? Why does the NMT need to cost 1mgc or similar? The price is what it is now and if it aint the right one it will change.

I totally agree. :icon13:

... and like the idea to take NMTs out. Although they're a rare item, they come into game and stuck there. The demand has also declined somewhat, since some quests were introduced.

Mixing them into NMWs which can't break won't solve the problem permanently. Ok, you take out 2 capes but the new one will stuck as well. For me this suggestion looks like a way to make an already powerful cape even more powerful.

Edited by Hephaistos

Mixing them into NMWs which can't break won't solve the problem permanently. Ok, you take out 2 capes but the new one will stuck as well. For me this suggestion looks like a way to make an already powerful cape even more powerful.

I agree

Like most things this has been suggested many times, search the forums you will see. I do not like this idea. I can see alot of yeti farming and tbh the high level players will just benefit even more

Really?!?! Everyone has a nmt cloak? I've been killing feros wholesale for a month now looking for a nmt cloak so that I can drop the perk. The only cloak a feros ever gave me was a MM. If you have too many of them, throw one my way. I'd be happy to take that burden from you.

Who says that the NMTs doesn't have the correct price now? Why does the NMT need to cost 1mgc or similar?

Mikks, since he has an extra NMT in storage.

PS. I play this game for over 7 years now and the only NMT I found was from player's DB (I gave it back). So saying that everyone has NMT and it is easy way to find it is a lie.

Edited by Devnul

The price of every other cape & cloak has come down as well, so it's not limited to the nmt or due to the fact it doesn't break. From the point of view of encouraging new players to stay the game, raising these prices again is just putting barriers in their way that will make them less likey to stay in my opinion. Perhaps some tweaks or a new recipe is in order but nothing that will double or triple these prices.

And no, I didn't get NMT drop lately so I'm not having any secret motives.

I bet this is just a scam, trying to get people to give NMT to a quest guy but then theres the catch.. Miiks is the only one able to talk to the npc so you'll give it to him.

reward = -350k gone!!

you don't fool me miiks :<

I bought a NMT for 410k gc and after killing 20k feros i finally got one as a drop. And i soled one NMT for 350k gc, pfff. If you want to make the NMT breakable than also increase the drop rate otherwise we will break 10 NMTs until we find one:D

But i vote for the quest idea. Seems better to me.

Who says that the NMTs doesn't have the correct price now? Why does the NMT need to cost 1mgc or similar?

Mikks, since he has an extra NMT in storage.

I don't have extra NMT cape in storage.

Personally I think the price is actually pretty good at this moment, 350k is pretty proper price for the cape, it went too high for a while. But it won't last long, it's just basic economy: If some item just keeps flowing in and none are going out, the price drops and the item loses it's value. If the quest was added, NMT's drop chance could be increased a bit to keep price balanced. Of course the price might bumb for a while, but I don't see that as a big problem.

Like most things this has been suggested many times, search the forums you will see. I do not like this idea. I can see alot of yeti farming and tbh the high level players will just benefit even more

Could you link the topic, please? I don't seem to find it with search. I'd like to read comments from there.

Edited by Miiks

Why is there a problem if NMT price goes down? Why should NMT market be protected in any way? I think is a GOOD idea that they are getting less and less expensive, since people coming from behind can afford one without harvesting their minds in MM cave or CC cave. For a game to be attractive to new players, prices should be less prohibitive in the first place.

High lvl players already cornered the the price for dragon scales, hydro, nmts, nexus removals, etc, etc, etc.

I see a direct advantage to medium-low lvl. playerbase, and a way to keep them satisfied if items become more accessible to them.

Having high lvls hoarding resources, cash, items, forcing the hydro price to 15k - simply kills the game.

I don't see why the price of NMT should go lower than ~350k. It offers you such a great advantage that you should actually do some work to obtain it. I would just like to see them staying on healthy market, where the items go out of the game too instead of staying there forever.

+ It seems most of you forget the quest idea and just keep talking about NMT things.

Don't know where the prob is, I bought my NMT 4 years ago and still its same price, so I think its all ok here.

It's not "still the same price". The price went up because demand was high and is now going down again for a reason there's shitload of NMT's in game and much less market for them, completely different situation than it was 4 years ago. I don't understand how anyone can say it's good thing an item isn't going out of the game at all if you understand even basics of economy. The situation is pretty good at this moment, but really it's only going to get worse in future, that should be clear to everyone.

Edited by Miiks

More NMTs the better, I don't agree that the NMT should be for the high level or the rich equipment breaks and we need to protect our stuffs

Otherwise why not make everything super expensive and let nubs like us walk around in augs