Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Nexus potions

I personally don't agree with having these pots at all unless they do not stack and have a very short time limit. A pure fighter build (assuming no bought nexus throughout) has 7 or maybe 9 PP in nexus. An all arounder has 20+ (I personally have 26) and most still need to move nexus around to complete quests. In particular the tutorial quests (manu, crafting, eng) were designed so that the maximum nexus is needed about 1/2 way through. Those that choose a pure fighter build know that they can't do these quests, and that is their choice. As well as most of the nexus (nexii?) above a certain amt are only required for very specialized items. So why should someone who chose a specific build now be able to mix anything at will, complete all quests, etc., while still having the luxury of better stats than someone who chose an all arounder path?

If the pots are limited to short duration and are unstackable, well we have nexus transfers for that. I'm personally sitting on a bunch so I can finish certain quests even though I have nexus to make 90% of the stuff in game. Let ppl use transfers. That is what they are for.

My 2 cents....

Completely agree. I could certainly use the pots, but don't want them.

Instead of potions I would suggest to make a nexus increase for mixing skill available at the priests (for worshipers only). In that case it still needs to be capped, not possible for human nexus and fairly expensive.

Where is the tailoring potion? If you want to help mixers, that would be my first choice. If you want to help people with a pk build to become better mixers :icon4:

Edited by Maxine

I probably wouldn't use them because at 15k ea for the potion, transfer stones would still be more cost effective per point if mixing for more than a couple minutes. I'm undecided as to whether these should be implemented however I do agree these would provide a larger benefit to some player builds than others. If the price / duration / stackability of these was changed much from Radu's original proposal I would be against it because I think it would unbalance the game.

I never wrote about the harvesting tutorial, I wrote about the quests that give perks. And these COULD be completed with nexus potions saving money. You are allowed to do the math yourself, instead of crying about the harvesting tutorial.

They can be completed by transfering nexuses from human too even at this moment.

Reducing the required nexus by means of a lot of GC is an advantage to fighters only. If you don't get this I don't know how else to say that.

I already explained why they would also benefit allrounders. Of course it might benefit also fighters that have shitload of extra gc, but I see more benefit for allrounders with mixed fighter / mixer build. For pure mixers it might not be so useful, only in rare occasions.

I never wrote about the harvesting tutorial, I wrote about the quests that give perks. And these COULD be completed with nexus potions saving money.

They can be completed by transfering nexuses from human too even at this moment.

That's my very point: there's no need for potions, unless you want to make it cheaper.

Reducing the required nexus by means of a lot of GC is an advantage to fighters only. If you don't get this I don't know how else to say that.

I already explained why they would also benefit allrounders. Of course it might benefit also fighters that have shitload of extra gc, but I see more benefit for allrounders with mixed fighter / mixer build. For pure mixers it might not be so useful, only in rare occasions.

They would also benefit allrounders who want to complete some quest. Which is something they can do already with a few nexus transfers. Pure fighters instead may not always do this for the lack of nexus (apart human).

So allrounders would be able to save a couple of nexus transfers with a couple of potions, while fighter would be able to do more things without spending pp into nexus. I don't think this is actually better for the game.

I think EL needs more news for tailors (e.g. an extra set of STO slots dedicated to clothes, to revive the clothes market) for mages (new spells) and for other classes too (but this is not the place to discuss them).

Where is the tailoring potion? If you want to help mixers, that would be my first choice. If you want to help people with a pk build to become better mixers :icon4:

Yes. But I doubt any of the TRUE pkers will use these, or many of them at least. If their pure PK/fighter then they might have HoS/Hellspawn, so inorganic nexus pots will be useless for them. And give me tai pot :D

I probably wouldn't use them because at 15k ea for the potion, transfer stones would still be more cost effective per point if mixing for more than a couple minutes.

40k one way, 80k to return it. Say, if i wanted to make NMW, i could put up my mag nexus and arti for minute. thats well over 100k saving. Or, for example, i want steel helm made. My mixer had well over the level to do so, but didnt have the required nexus. This would have saved me several hours of time, and ofc, the mixer could have used the rest of the minute to make some more desirables. Long term, hydro bought are still worthwhile, medium term, nexus transfers are best. This is a (very) short term solution to not having a required nexus.

To clarify, I meant I personally wouldn't use these as I see little point in changing nexus for just one item. The original proposal sounds reasonable if other folk want to use these. I don't agree with many of the suggestions like giving these a low price, allowing them to stack them to max in any nexus or have them lasting for long periods of time. If you make nexus that easy to obtain then you're effectively doing away with nexus requirements (except the human I notice).

The examples above of NMW & steel helm do highlight a couple of points though, NMW can be made by very few (approx 10) players (though this type of expensive/unusual item might be worth using a potion for) & the steel helm (at 35k) is not expensive enough to warrant wasting a 15k potion on. So apart from completing tutorials, I think the number of players & the number of items this would be useful for is really quite limited.

Edited by Cyrano

Can i point out, i spent more on steel helm than that, just getting ings, with some being bought at half price, and at least 27 can make a NMW at recommended level.

And those were only examples i could think of, off the top of my head. I just think since we have long and medium term options, and short term is not a bad idea, as long as the other means still have uses. I personally wouldn't use potions much, but probably would use them to see if a nexus i plan on buying is worth the investement prior to doing so and making the odd item above my nexus limits. Still, the idea needs to be refined, so that the price warrants the time, but the time, and objects properties dont make the other methods less desirable. Basically, if implemented, it should be similiar to an expensive invis pot, not stackable, heavy and short term, but have a price that makes item justifiable.

Agree with Raistlin, CherUT, Entris, Cabman, ect.

Why do we need this? Entris pretty much summed it up, we can already get nexus so easily with work. I have 16PP and mostly fight, but I have made myself weaker in combat so I can train do a little summoning, and so I can harvest pretty much anything I like. Why punish people who take choices to weaken themselves slightly in combat for chosing a different path? Hell, this suggestion would occasionally be useful to me, but really.... there's no need for it. InfectioN also said what I'd use it for (Arti Cape and long ess mixes).

Suggestion is a big nono

1 nexus cost 725000gc

1 nexus potion cost 15000gc

why so cheap?

Because it would not be permanent...

Why not make a special day where you don't need nex to mix/use something? And make it really really rair and so you can't move or get into your storage if you have something on with a higher nex requirement then you have after the day ends

Or make quests that give you a nex point for 15 days when completed. Just make it so that point can't be removed by a stone. Make it time consuming to finish the quest

Edited by Orick

Why not make a special day where you don't need nex to mix/use something?

This should be done on the day that you don't need to have read the books to mix an item because if u didn't read the book you likely do not have the nexus to mix it - and vice versa. I was in that predicament ever since the day this day was implemented and have never been able to use scientists day or day of knowledge or whatever the fuck its called.

Edited by LuciferX

Why not make a special day where you don't need nex to mix/use something?

This should be done on the day that you don't need to have read the books to mix an item because if u didn't read the book you likely do not have the nexus to mix it - and vice versa. I was in that predicament ever since the day this day was implemented and have never been able to use scientists day or day of knowledge or whatever the fuck its called.

+1 to adding it to a worthless day to make it not worthless

Have made many items on Scientists day I have not knowledge of. it is NOT a useless day just because it is useless to you. It is perfect for those quest items which no one has any desire to learn (i.e. Bronze Swords) because little use in game or drops have made the item unprofitable.

Making day both nexus free and knowledge free would make it too powerful. Requiring no nexus itself would unbalance the game allowing players to strip nexus PPs away once they achieved mastery in skill and then just mix items on special day without attribute penalty from spending PPs on nexus.

ok imo, I agree with maxine that maybe it should be done through the gods, 15k for a nexus increase instead of a potion.

my reasons, I see ALOT of loopholes, too many to list, but this waay it would also be within your character build.

If it were me, I would use the pots to get nexus to complete manu tutorial just to get child of stars perk, no more failure in negative and no more make rare in negative for example, I stating this not because i have the perk but because the harvest tut is what was mentioned here and that tut is just for exp and to complete a quest, where as manu tut gives you astro advantage perminantly.

also through the gods, your limited to the gods that your currently serving, and skills you are currently focusing on, This would also increase the purpose of the godless perk being a negative perk.

trying to keep this short for I have many thoughts going through my head both pro's, cons, loophole that can be exploited till their fixed etc.

IMO Nexuses is the core of your character, more than attributes thus is why this subject isn't being taken lightly. It's one thing to increase your attributes for a little more of this and that, but to make nexuses so easily obtainable without any consequences besides a time limit and gc, means that you can change the core build of your character at a whim to accomplish any goal in EL without any effects to the choices you made or will make in order to make for character build.

nexus transfers have consequense of not being able to use your other skill without switching back, (seen this alot people with a high level in a skill unable to use a special day because they moved their nexus around) granted it wouldn't be ideal to use potions to increase nexus for use of whole day, but would be useful for those quests for the extra rewards on those days, or perminately ie child of stars perk.

buying perminant nexuses, well your looking at alot of time to either make hydro bars or come up with money for them, still a consequenc many have taken due to their choice, time which could have been better spent else where to enhance your character.

see even this little bit was alot to read, and i tried to make simple, and yet not as simple as drink these to make a 200kgc+ item from ings you gathered along your way in while playing EL

I agree with the nay sayers ( i.e no to a nexus potion or any other additional ways to get nexus).

Nexus needs to be quite permanent and very hard to get because a character's skill and therefore a person's playing style are wrapped up in which nexus are chosen or omitted.

This potion will destroy all the hard work many of us have put into getting nexus via pick points or via hydro bars. Furthermore this will destroy the incentive for us non-combat players who are slogging away happily to accomplish our nexus goals. This game has been around for years. I want to be playing for many more years. I need long term goals to pursue.

I play this game because it is the only game out there where there are many other things to do besides combat. My playing style revolves around acquiring nexus ( and the related skill levels) so I can make certain things better than the majority of players in the game. I love the idea that I have to 'network' with other players and develop relationships of trust and cooperation in order to complete some tasks. I love these social aspects. I love the team work. I feel this potion idea would kill all of that.

Edited by GreyElf

Nexus pots are terrible idea, there is aleady nex' transfer stones available.

Too many people take only 7 human and moan that they can't do anything else, nex pots will end up with many people with no nexus and just using the pots for everything.