Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Nexus potions

There was a thread some time ago about having special days that would incerase/decrease the nexus. At that time I was in favor (with due consideration on the amount of nexus gained) because they would affect all players and allow anyone to try and make items/harvests a bit above their current nexus constraints.

The potion proposal, however, I am against.

Abuse and loophole exploitation options aside (they have been already mentioned in the thread), whatever the rule we may fix for a potion to increase nexus, I see only a few basic cases

• if the effect is high (e.g. stackable) and cost per minute is high too, only a few high-level and rich players will be able to use it, probably only for the sake of completing some of the quest (that would become just a shortcut to get the quest-related perks) or for special cases and tricks like the one I mention below;
  • if the cost per minute is low enough (whether or not the increase is high) it changes completely the mechanics of the game, in practice superseding the transfer stones. IMHO, if you spent only the bare minimum PP in nexuses this brings you an unfair advantage against other players; e.g. I would not consider fair for the majority of players that one can just power-level summoning with a lot of low-level stuff and then be able to summon a dragon by using a couple of potions, without having the nexus for it.
    I stress that this would be fair, but it changes completely the mechanics of nexus usage for everyone, though.
  • this leaves out the case when the increase is not high and the cost per minute is high, it seems to be something only high-level players would be able to use, again just for the sake of quests or for the occasional high-level item. Again, being able to decide exactly WHEN you will get an increased nexus allows tricks like the one previously mentioned, but only to very rich players who can plan things to do with that nexus. They probably can afford transfer stones and plan accordingly ... ;-)

xam

Edited by massimoC

Radu, you should be more assertive if it comes to PMs from NH. I know you like him, but seriously, would you give such silly idea so much attention if it would come from any other player on forum?

I doubt that. Plus NH is trying to lobby ideas that are good for him, not for the game.

PS. We have nexus transfer stones already.

I don't like the idea. IMHO your build is your own decision, so either you build fighter or mixer. It shouldn't be allowed to create so easy all rounder (invest in HB and buy nexuses if you wish).

Just my 5 cents.

No fighter is crazy enought to pay, let's say 6 x 15k to become "allrounder" for a minute. I'm sure they would be mostly by allrounders or pure mixers to increase their nexuses temporarily by 1 or 2 to mix some really expensive items.

I think that's pretty great idea. Personally I don't have any use it for now, but maybe later if I get some hydro nexuses first.

Edit: Anyway I have to ask; Would you be so strictly against this idea if it wasn't suggested by NH? Personally I don't see how this would benefit only NH, not the game since couple allrounders have told even in this thread they'd use it.

Edited by Miiks

Miiks, it doesn't matter who suggested it. on the contrary, Newhope has been playing for years and he obviously knows a lot in EL.

But I have 7 artificial nexus. the 7th nexus (750k gcs since I bought the hydro from NPC) was for a one time use for the crafting tutorial. So if I could have done it with 15kgc instead, it means I have wasted 735k gcs. So yes, that doesn't make me happy.

Miiks, it doesn't matter who suggested it. on the contrary, Newhope has been playing for years and he obviously knows a lot in EL.

But I have 7 artificial nexus. the 7th nexus (750k gcs since I bought the hydro from NPC) was for a one time use for the crafting tutorial. So if I could have done it with 15kgc instead, it means I have wasted 735k gcs. So yes, that doesn't make me happy.

Why didn't you just get nex transfer? I think they've been ingame longer than craft tutorial, correct me if I'm wrong. If they weren't, I would be angry for that reason too.

I do not understand why would anyone use em, cost of mixing something would be too high (if its for a minute)

You have ings for 5 sets of dragon armor and only 1 nexus below the requirement, wouldn't be too bad to pay the 15k. That's why I said they wouldn't most probably be used by pure fighters, but by allrounders that already have nexuses.

Edited by Miiks

I personally don't agree with having these pots at all unless they do not stack and have a very short time limit. A pure fighter build (assuming no bought nexus throughout) has 7 or maybe 9 PP in nexus. An all arounder has 20+ (I personally have 26) and most still need to move nexus around to complete quests. In particular the tutorial quests (manu, crafting, eng) were designed so that the maximum nexus is needed about 1/2 way through. Those that choose a pure fighter build know that they can't do these quests, and that is their choice. As well as most of the nexus (nexii?) above a certain amt are only required for very specialized items. So why should someone who chose a specific build now be able to mix anything at will, complete all quests, etc., while still having the luxury of better stats than someone who chose an all arounder path?

If the pots are limited to short duration and are unstackable, well we have nexus transfers for that. I'm personally sitting on a bunch so I can finish certain quests even though I have nexus to make 90% of the stuff in game. Let ppl use transfers. That is what they are for.

My 2 cents....

Fully ack. Introducing pots for nexus would imbalance the PP system even more towards fighters and de-valuate the PP already put into nexus.

Edited by Elke

Fully ack. Introducing pots for nexus would imbalance the PP system even more towards fighters and de-valuate the PP already put into nexus.

Yep. Or do it like when you are in Mule and no more CF with more items as your "natural" EMU:

If you wear an item with a higher nexus than you have normally AND the potion effect is over, you cannot walk... But make the potion duration 3-5 minutes.

I personally don't agree with having these pots at all unless they do not stack and have a very short time limit. A pure fighter build (assuming no

Same opinion here: that's imbalancing the game toward PK builds even more. This way we reduce the value of mixers/mages/summoners builds a great deal, and telling them to either reset or just quit.

A lot of mixers/harvesters are essential to EL (besides, who would PKers loot if they leave the game?)

I agree NH knows the game a lot, and some of his ideas were truly great (I think you all do remember the beefed up Leonard-monster some months ago, if I do recall correctly he was involved in that). That's why he can make suggestions that are good for his playing style; but they are not necessarily good for other players types.

IMHO, if nexus increasing potions are introduced, a new generation of even stronger PKers will appear, maybe monopolizing hydro mining and quite likely causing instances/invances to be made impossibly hard for the rest of players. Let's not make the game boring for those who don't fight only, allowing too many loopholes in the rules.

If we want to change the nexus system, why don't we let all people move around nexuses for less money, and create useful items which need higher nexuses, so that when we achieve a certain amount of PP in nexuses it's cheaper to start fiddling with them? With time, stuff like the artificer cape has become useless and depreciated...

IMHO, if nexus increasing potions are introduced, a new generation of even stronger PKers will appear, maybe monopolizing hydro mining

Do you understand how ridiculously expensive hydro mining would be with those pots if you had 0 inorg nex? Actually everything would be just way too expensive if you had 0 nexus and wanted to mix something that requires even few nexuses. I'm still standing on my point that those pots would be almost useless for pure fighters. If we forget level requirements, tell me what a fighter could actually do with 0 nexuses and using these pots? Mix an armor that costs 90k extra gc? Harv some hydro and waste maybe 500k to it (I don't remember how long it takes to harv full load of hydro, but if you need to "reset" those nexuses every minute, it takes shitload of them)? If we add level requirements here, it's impossible for a fighter to become allrounder without nexuses.

It's allowed to use your head and think before you talk. I repeat, there's simply no sensible way of using those potions for fighters if they cost as much as radu planned. Edit: It they really really want to complete some tutorial by using those pots, let them waste millions of gc.

Edit: Oh anyway in theory fighters would be able to do most of the tutorials just by swapping human nexus to other nexuses with transfer stones. Actually I don't understand why NH just doesn't do that if he has such an urge to finish the harv tutorial. So only use for them would be "serious" mixing and that would be just too expensive unless you already have some nexuses and are using the potion only in rare cases as radu said already.

Edited by Miiks

personally i think

1. it need to be max 6 (so ppls with 0 nexus still can do such quest like new harvest tutorial)

2. should be differend pots for each nexus (so we can avoid HUMAN nexus pot for now too)

3. maybe 15k is a bit too much (simple math if new harv tut takes ohm 50 missions?) so you need shitload of gc to do it not much will try but if we make it lets say ~2k per pot, imho some ppls would enjoy?

4. as well nexuses for mixing stuff (manufacturing craft and so) should last 1 item not 1 min, so mixers wont be fked too, but others can do quests

JUST IMO...

isnt bad idea, but 2k per pot? whats the point to get nexus at all then?

With the nexus transfer stones around, I vote against a potion increasing your nexus.

And no, I wouldn't use them:

nexus2fyem.png

Same here. It has taken me years to make hydro bars to buy all nexus, I would feel all the years of FE and iron bar- making wasted.

And I got my bot to sell high level nexus items like Nightvisors and Saving stones.

No reason to have it if every man and his dog kan make their own.

I think many other who sell high level/nexus items would think the same.

Levels are allready easy to get, if we got the potions would there not be any challenges left. All would be able to make their own items.

As said above there are Nexus transfer stones already, introduce them to the game instead NPC item only for a desired amount of GC and ppl can easily change their Nexus as they want (and if they just want a temporary boost in a certain nexus they will have to buy 2 stones to change it back) we are even able to buy nexuses with hydro bars and those 2 options should be enough. Hell even the ability to buy the nexuses are enough, get 50 hydro bars go to the NPC and get the nexus you want - repeat.

I go with all the people (Hussam, Zamirah, rauch etc.) who invested A LOT of work and gc to get every nexus through hydro bars.

Personally I bought 17 nexus with hydro bars, why should all this be wasted now?

If people want/need more nexus, well we have many ways to get them: a) invest a pickpoint, B) buy with hydro, c) use nexus transfer stones or d) ask a fellow mixer. I also heard suggestions about a new "Day of No Nexus", which goes into the exact same direction and also has my veto cause of the same reasons.

As said above there are Nexus transfer stones already, introduce them to the game instead NPC item only for a desired amount of GC and ppl can easily change their Nexus as they want (and if they just want a temporary boost in a certain nexus they will have to buy 2 stones to change it back) we are even able to buy nexuses with hydro bars and those 2 options should be enough. Hell even the ability to buy the nexuses are enough, get 50 hydro bars go to the NPC and get the nexus you want - repeat.

Yes, but buying permanent nexus is hugely expensive, transfer stones are pretty decently expensive, and too expensive if you just want to make, say 1-10 items of a sort.

But if its 15k potion, it should last at lest 5 minutes, like a God blessing, this means 3k per minute of extra nexus. If you want to add this, why not make it mixable with Transfer stones, say 1 transfer stone, 5 empty vials and a serpent stone = 5 Nexus Potions, with a varying factor for each type, say an iron axe for arti, 5 saws for inorganic, ring of power for magic nexus, PW stone for animal. But human should definitely not be included. It should also be only mixable by people with 6/6/10 in magic/artificial/human nexus's

EDIT: Raistlinn posted before i did :P

You spent lots of time on hydro, its still better than buying the pots. They will be expensive and temporary, and imo, should be very hard to make WITHOUT lots of nexus's. Anyway those with the nexus are at the advantage of being able to mix what ever they like without the restriction of the rest of the game, and if my idea is taken, it means you make money by selling the nexus pots :P

And this helps those who aren't spending ludicrous time on EL. The vast majority of EL wont ever get full nexus's, and those that do will allways be at an advantage thos temporary nexus increase techniques such as transfer stones/nexus potions.

Edited by JoeButler

Anyway those with the nexus are at the advantage of being able to mix what ever they like without the restriction of the rest of the game...

people who use PP to take nexus to mix and harv have the disadvantage of being weak in PVP and PVE and fairly well useless in PK. Where is the suggestion for a potion for them to take that disadvantage away?

Hey,

If such potion was implemented in game . I will probably not use it :

15kgc for 1 min won't allow you to mix much. even for the human nexus it would only give you at most +2 nexus. (would be nice for the arti cloak). But i dont know anyone who has 8 human nexus and you would need at least 3 human nexus to wear a col.

About the idea to mix high level items, you can still ask other people to mix.

It wouldnt be fair for the people with all the nexuses.

and as previously said you can use pp into nexus. you can t be a pure fighter( with very high attributs) and be a very good mixer. Deal with it :P

I was just saying that the pots wont make a huge difference to those who already have full nexus. I think you misinterpretated what i was trying to say.

The nexus potions will help the medium-high level players. And never said anything about pot to take advantage away, or meant to say that anyway.

To aravinth -

1 min is well to short, but 3-5 mins would be long enough for a decent amount, if not excellent. Tbh i see these pots mostly being used for the tutorials, and by mixers trying to make a certain object just mildly out of their nexus reach.

Edited by JoeButler

I also say not for human. I say in general is a good idea, as long as it's effect is very short. And we should think at all the things this involves:

-enable better gear for a very long time(already debating)

-enable artificer cape for a very long time. it will totally pay off if you will mix a huge amount and, for some reason, you are only human 9

-you can place better mines. i don't think you need more than one minute to place few mines in the right spot and wait. So in this case the 1 minute limit is no limit at all.

And maybe more? This is all i can think of. I think we should be aware of all these and debate if it's ok this way or not.

IMHO, if nexus increasing potions are introduced, a new generation of even stronger PKers will appear, maybe monopolizing hydro mining

Do you understand how ridiculously expensive hydro mining would be with those pots if you had 0 inorg nex? Actually everything would be just way

It's allowed to use your head and think before you talk. I repeat, there's simply no sensible way of using those potions for fighters if they cost as much as radu planned. Edit: It they really really want to complete some tutorial by using those pots, let them waste millions of gc.

Edit: Oh anyway in theory fighters would be able to do most of the tutorials just by swapping human nexus to other nexuses with transfer stones. Actually I don't understand why NH just doesn't do that if he has such an urge to finish the harv tutorial. So only use for them would be "serious" mixing and that would be just too expensive unless you already have some nexuses and are using the potion only in rare cases as radu said already.

It is allowed also to try and understand what other people write, instead of answering to what other people did NOT write.

I never wrote about the harvesting tutorial, I wrote about the quests that give perks. And these COULD be completed with nexus potions saving money. You are allowed to do the math yourself, instead of crying about the harvesting tutorial.

Reducing the required nexus by means of a lot of GC is an advantage to fighters only. If you don't get this I don't know how else to say that.

this topic made me think of this http://www.eternal-l...rs

I honestly do not like this idea, even though at times it would benefit me. I feel we choose our path in EL whether we take the nexus or not. So we will live what we decide or we buy/transfer the nexus we get.

Edited by CherUT

A lot of great points have been brought up.

The only reason I would use pots it to bring my human nexus to 10 so that I can put on arti cape for long mixes of essences. I definitely see that as a benefit.

Otherwise, It is too expensive for a small amount of time to raise a nexus to mix for only one minute.