Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Nexus potions

Newhope came up with the idea of having some nexus potions, that would temporary increase a nexus (for a minute or so). The maximum increase would be one or two over the base nexus (one per potion), and it would last for a minute, if used at second 0. The cost would be somewhere around 15kgc.

The question is, are you going to use such potions? If so, post here.

I would deny human nexus - if u will gear up and nexus will be gone, u can keep items on

Would be nice if u would be able to add more inorganic than 2 and if those could be cheaper, would be useful to be able harv ur own items

The thing with human nexus is, you can gear up, but then I doubt that you would want to stay in the same gear indefinitely, so I don't think it's going to be a big problem.

I would absolutely use them! Only one or two crafting items require a magic nexus of 5. I haven't wanted to use the pick points for that, but would like to be able to make those items on occasion.

I would say they will be used mostly by higher lvl mixers or higher nexus needed, because low nexus items are mostly mixing in bulks, and for lvling for 15kgc/min would be kinda expansive...

personally i think

1. it need to be max 6 (so ppls with 0 nexus still can do such quest like new harvest tutorial)

2. should be differend pots for each nexus (so we can avoid HUMAN nexus pot for now too)

3. maybe 15k is a bit too much (simple math if new harv tut takes ohm 50 missions?) so you need shitload of gc to do it not much will try but if we make it lets say ~2k per pot, imho some ppls would enjoy?

4. as well nexuses for mixing stuff (manufacturing craft and so) should last 1 item not 1 min, so mixers wont be fked too, but others can do quests

JUST IMO...

The thing with human nexus is, you can gear up, but then I doubt that you would want to stay in the same gear indefinitely, so I don't think it's going to be a big problem.

Not for Fighters, as NH is, or is he mixer ? :P Afair you can move if you wear stuff which need more human as you have, or do i remember wrong? So, if i remember right, you need only buy new potions when some stuff is broken.

People already #reset in full gear and leave it on till they earn enough to put back human nexus, I can see people doing the same with pots.

I think personally would be a bad idea, nexus are easy enough to get if you really need them, and if you need more nexus for something you need mixed, ask a friend to mix for you.

Not even for 1/2 that price for such a short hit. No thank you.

I personally don't agree with having these pots at all unless they do not stack and have a very short time limit. A pure fighter build (assuming no bought nexus throughout) has 7 or maybe 9 PP in nexus. An all arounder has 20+ (I personally have 26) and most still need to move nexus around to complete quests. In particular the tutorial quests (manu, crafting, eng) were designed so that the maximum nexus is needed about 1/2 way through. Those that choose a pure fighter build know that they can't do these quests, and that is their choice. As well as most of the nexus (nexii?) above a certain amt are only required for very specialized items. So why should someone who chose a specific build now be able to mix anything at will, complete all quests, etc., while still having the luxury of better stats than someone who chose an all arounder path?

If the pots are limited to short duration and are unstackable, well we have nexus transfers for that. I'm personally sitting on a bunch so I can finish certain quests even though I have nexus to make 90% of the stuff in game. Let ppl use transfers. That is what they are for.

My 2 cents....

So why should someone who chose a specific build now be able to mix anything at will, complete all quests, etc., while still having the luxury of better stats than someone who chose an all arounder path?

Then you say exactly what I wanted to reply with:

If the pots are limited to short duration and are unstackable, well we have nexus transfers for that. I'm personally sitting on a bunch so I can finish certain quests even though I have nexus to make 90% of the stuff in game. Let ppl use transfers. That is what they are for.

My 2 cents....

The whole idea is that this would be useful for the rare times when you need to mix or harvest something just above your nexus. Would probably not be useful for doing the quests, because you'd need a lot of them, especially for the harvest quest.

Also, and this will probably piss a lot of people off, if this is done I think that items that require hum nex should not work or freeze the person after the nex potion wairs off until they remove the item/s so to keeps the aspect of only useing the potions for rair moments and not as a replacement of a PP

I would certainly use them - I have arti 6 and to bump it up to 7 just to make saving stones is an expensive hobby - on the PK server there is no one to buy them from so yes the idea is good and would be fun.

I don't like the idea. IMHO your build is your own decision, so either you build fighter or mixer. It shouldn't be allowed to create so easy all rounder (invest in HB and buy nexuses if you wish).

Just my 5 cents.

Better an Enhanced Nexus Medallion that gives +6 nexus and use AP, like other Enh Meds. :fire:

Edited by Mythos

Agreed with Cabman, wanted to write something similar...

It should not be that everyone can have finished all tutorials imho. I was thinking that finished tutorial means your mastery in that skill, not only harvesting reward exp on special #day. We even got some achievements for those (and would be nice to have them for all tutorials in the future btw ;) ).

Well, many said they will not use them for such price while working very shortly. How many CoLs or saving stones or night visors can you mix in one minute. If they don't stack, you usually miss more than 1 nexus needed (like arti 5 vs arti 7 while 6 is not required for anything). Nexus transfer stone is much elegant option - also the cost is fair, works as long as you want until you move the nexus back. Maybe make these a little more common? Find-able (rare) from monster drops, instance drop, with harvesting or as a high-mixing item? Could be nice solution. :icon13: