Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mythos

Experience boosters - gc sink

I remember hearing radu about the possibility to introduce some experience boosters that can help reduce the gap between the various categories of players, thus giving the game a better lvl of competitiveness.

I think this can be done without much trouble, in the form of trading items to NPCs (priests for instance) for exp instead of cash:

ex:

Attack God's priest

- swap 10 iron swords/iron hammers + 1kgc to for att 5k experience

- swap 10 tit longs + 10k for - 90k att exp

- swap 10 tit serps + 50k - for 250k att exp

- swap 1 tit serp of thermal for - 2-3million att exp

- swap 1 set of all s2e of magic/ice/fire/thermal for - 300k exp, or whatever

Alchemy God's priest

- trade 5 EEE for 40k alch exp

- trade 5 ELE for 100k alch exp

- trade 5 EFE, etc

- trade 5 eme for 200k alch exp, or whatever

- trade 50 hydro bars for 2m alch exp

Harvesting god's priest

- trade 5 harv meds for 100k harv exp

- trade 10 harv meds for 200k harv exp

- trade 1 inno nexus removal for 4m harv exp

Books/library NPC

- speed up research time by trading books to NPC (ex: You donate a Potion of Evasion Book and speed up your reading with 1000 mins)

Summon God's priest

- trade x furs to summon god npc for exp - just like maia's quest from temps R us

This will get gc fast out of game and will skyrocket price for some items.

This will help non-manuers to get some exp too, so it is different from schools (everyone can trade their drops) not only their mixed items

There are 3 solutions to limit rich high lvls from extening the gap even more:

- either you make the donations on a range basis (iron swords from lvl 40-60), steel two edged (60-80), etc +/- a cooldown which increases with range (daily for 40-60), (byweekly for 140-200)

- either you decrease the experience proportionally with the lvl ------> 100 iron swords will give 100k exp to a lvl 50, and 40k exp to a lvl 100, for instance.

- you require high lvl chars, TONS of low lvl items -------> instead of a high lvl, pricey one -------> like mmmmm 20k rat tails or 120k impatients, or whatever.

Edited by Mythos

1. making items more expensive does not help real market

2. this will eventually turn the game into $ pwnage

Edited by Sithis

Nice suggestion for players with a lot of $$ (enriched essies can be shop bought, tit serp of thermal is shop only)

Rare items get removed -> prices will rise, nice for NPC's (there's some items already where making them is not cost effective)....

That will get gc out of the game, making the more expensive items even less accessible.

And as a final point, I heard Radu mention that he didn't want players to buy experience (for gc or $$). This suggestion is nothing

but buying exp. Most dailies have either a relatively small reward or require some effort beyond 'Hi NPC, here's teh stuff, xp plx'.

(Your suggestion seems to give about 25k exp/$ when using shop prices, so getting level 50 in a skill would cost about $72,

level 75 about $390, and level 100 would cost $ ~1700)

I remember hearing radu about the possibility to introduce some experience boosters that can help reduce the gap between the various categories of players, thus giving the game a better lvl of competitiveness.

What gap is being closed, if you can buy XP?

The gap between noobs and pr0s.... But this idea seems more like something that pr0s would use more then noobs anyway doing the opposite of what the goal might be... If it is done I would say do it on a smaller scale and cap it... For people in the 20-30 range take the drops from the monsters they fight and make them able to trade those items for xp, but once they get to lvl 30 then they have to trade in items dropped by creatures trained in 30-40 range and so on, then stop at lvl 90... Stopping at lvl 90 will make it so the gap has a chance to lower, if you don't stop at 90 then those higher lvls will just use the boost to make the gap greater

Edited by Orick

Big Books and Dailies make it so easy to level up quickly (my a/d shot up since implemented). That idea wouldn't affect me anyhow (godless) and buying xp in a supposedly free-to-play game is a ridiculous prospect.

It was a random collection of items, but it can be tweaked to non-shop items.

I tend to see enriched things as alchemy-made items, not as shop items. But whatever you can replace one ELE with 1k LE, if that's a problem.

There are 2 solutions:

- either you make the donations on a range basis (iron swords from lvl 40-60), steel two edged (60-80), etc

- either you decrease the experience proportionally with the lvl ------> 100 iron swords will give 100k exp to a lvl 50, and 40k exp to a lvl 100, for instance.

Adressed that with the solutions:)

Different cooldown, decrease of exp proprortional with levels

The gap between noobs and pr0s.... But this idea seems more like something that pr0s would use more then noobs anyway doing the opposite of what the goal might be... If it is done I would say do it on a smaller scale and cap it... For people in the 20-30 range take the drops from the monsters they fight and make them able to trade those items for xp, but once they get to lvl 30 then they have to trade in items dropped by creatures trained in 30-40 range and so on, then stop at lvl 90... Stopping at lvl 90 will make it so the gap has a chance to lower, if you don't stop at 90 then those higher lvls will just use the boost to make the gap greater

As mentioned before

Different cooldown, decrease of exp proprortional with levels

But i like the idea of high lvl players being required very low lvl, newb items (eventually like 20k rat tails or whateveR)

There are already big books of experience :)

There are, but they are not functioning towards closing the gaps. Their price is kinda prohibitive for low/medium lvl chars. The incentives to read books/go to schools are only for high lvl chars.

Big Books and Dailies make it so easy to level up quickly (my a/d shot up since implemented). That idea wouldn't affect me anyhow (godless) and buying xp in a supposedly free-to-play game is a ridiculous prospect.

Buying exp with in-game items? Is like some sort of a daritha for all skills, nothing else. But witha different variations taking into account the lvls of the player.

i know on WoW when they raise level caps they give the chars below the previous level cap exp boosts per mob killed.

for example it used to be 60, then 70. to make new people catch up to higher levels faster you get increased exp from 1-60, after that you get regular exp.

soooo that could be an easy solution, Chars below 100 get boosted xp, like a personal scholars day, or w/e the day is that increases exp for every skill.

keep leveling the ol' fashion way: by doing the skill. You can already level a/d quickly (haidir, darithia, do we really need anymore a/d boosters), and the Big Books of Crafting and Manu are cheap. Any more exp boosters would be unneeded imo.