Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeButler

Change Instance Cooldowns

Instances are not suppose to be farmed. If you remove the way to reduce the hours it solves the problems for all. I have been to each and every instance, and by far the 100-120 instance is the most profitable. 60-80 is more of an introduction to instances, you make a decent profit for your levels. When you reach the 100-120 level you will average around 45k gc per man, and possibly up to 75-80k gc on good drops, not bad for less then 90 mins of "fun" instance mobs. Theres a reason people go to it 4-6 times per day, using scales or tokens is well worth it for that range. However when you reach the 120+ not only does the gc drop DRAMATICALLY but so does the FUN. Theres also a reason people don't goto the pro instance even when they have the #ii for it. No one WANTS to fight the possibility of little blues on the first wave(shitty drops and pain in the ass mob) 2nd wave, use to be 45-65 naspas, now has the chance to be replaced by 1 big blue( 1 big blue does not even compare to the nasps in drops and FUN mob) I think a lot of people will agree when I say at these higher levels naspas are a very fun mob to fight. Wave 3 now has the chance to be 3 big blues instead of the previous black/ice. Wave 4 is the same with 3 jegos, and imo is not a bad choice, I will not complain about them at all. Wave 5 use to be 2 bula, now has the chance to be 1 MB, which isn't all that bad but eliminates the chance even though its a very small chance of a stone to drop. So all in all, little blues, big blue, big blues, is not a fun way to start off in a pro instance. There is ABSOLUTELY no fun in them. I may be wrong when I say this but I think the reason it was changed is so it cannot be done by just one person and I don't think it ever was. But in doing so it took all the fun out of it. Like I said its pretty bad when you don't wanna go to the instance even when you have the required #ii. That in itself should say a lot. I have always gone with 4-5 people and even before the changes the gc wasn't great, but at least it was a lot more fun. Now both the drops and fun are gone.

I have an idea to make it fair across the board. 150 hour cool down. No way to reduce for all levels

Yes.

Thats a really fair time, and would prevent farming as much as it is atm (wont be then end all to farming) and be fair on us newbie instancers.

and i really understand what your saying about fun and mobs for your range but i did ask at start to stay on topic. :P Instances do need more varietry per level, and balancing across the board, but i kind of wanted to keep on topic of cooldown.

As long as there is a way to reduce time it won't be fair joe. I'm sure it's easier for a level 100+ to pay to reduce time than someone under 100

Allow invasion tokens (only real use) but disallow scales and serpent stones IMO. But if you are going to take away some of the ability to get the oranges, RDHoLaM, etc have those added to drops of invasion monsters or put some new monsters on maps but adjust maps to have extreme conditions (very low colds, very high heat, etc) requiring different sets of armor to be effective. This should be able to be done without making map changes by changing some of the small maps barely used.

AFAIK, changes like hot/cold damage, no magic areas and such only require a server restart, not a client (map) update.

Changes that affect the visual component of a map do require a client-side update.

So the existing maps could be adapted relatively easily.

I have an idea to make it fair across the board. 150 hour cool down. No way to reduce for all levels

I agree. That means cooldown is 6.25 Days. I assume your not counting WTF!!! instances though, as noone seems to have a problem with them.