Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeButler

Change Instance Cooldowns

I have just recently started instancing in 6080 range, and noticed we have a much higher cooldown than the higher levels, even though we have less people, and dont farm them.

There fore is suggest we swap the cooldowns around, helping to make farming higher level instances marginally more expensive, but not restricting lower levels who dont farm the instances.

Since theres alot of instance discussions atm, please stick on topic, only discussing cooldown, and nothing else.

Ty.

Was always confused why 80100 had lower cooldown than 6080. Maybe lower 6080 cooldown to the same as 80100, you get roughly the same value of drops, and both instances would still be balanced.

Yeah the insta drops for the n00b insta are rubbish also.

compared with the later caps

makes no sence to why the cooldown for the n00b is so long

is nearly double the WTF!! (180hours n00b-96 WTF!!)

wich is odd for the WTF!! has far more players and the n00b is hard to put together (so few have the right build or equipment or both

It should be in line with th other Instances ~90-120 hours seems plenty

I have just recently started instancing in 6080 range, and noticed we have a much higher cooldown than the higher levels, even though we have less people, and dont farm them.

There fore is suggest we swap the cooldowns around, helping to make farming higher level instances marginally more expensive, but not restricting lower levels who dont farm the instances.

+1

i agree totaly with joe's arguments

Just to let you know, you can not reduce the time for WTF! 100120 Instance also has the 180II. The instances were never implemented to be farmed. At least radu implemented the reduction system for the other instances.

In short, get over it.

6080 is unfarmable. We hardly have enough people to make to instance teams, leading to us making a large and barely profitable one. We would just like to be able to go with the same cool down as 80100 or 120200.

It takes 1 week and a half for cooldown to run down for 6080, and say if we go on sunday, when most people are available, at 8GMT, we can only do one on monday the next week. mean we can go pretty much 1 time per week for 3 consecutive weeks, then take 1 week off, if all members can go for fri, sat and sun.

6080 isnt under the same problems as 1200200 and 100120, where their farmed every day.

The basic idea behind this topic is too make it so that its very slightly more expensive to instance at top levels (where you can afford it) and slightly cheaper and easier at the lower levels, where we needs this restriction reduced, as it makes it expensive to teach people to instance.

Edited by JoeButler

120 is too low for instance you can reduce. Again, just give them same cooldown as 80100

What we used to do was go at the same time every Sunday. Each person used 1 scale every week. Ended up approx 10k profit each on average (after scale and ings). Something to consider if you have the people available every Sunday like it sounds like you do.

On topic, I don't really know why all the instances have a different number of hours required. 180 vs 160 only hurts the teams that don't farm. To hurt "farming", you need at least 30 hour difference. E.g. if you go back to back any instance (other than 120-200) you need 6 red scales...160-180 hours makes no difference.

160 or 180 hours makes no difference as RM stated. The only thing that can make a difference is to go below 150. Once again, the instances were not meant to be farmed and are meant for fun...

And btw, I just did a 100120 and got a 8k split. So don't mention that it is "farmable". In short, accept what is in place.

Inf

well sometimes you get unlucky. But im pointing out that the instance ranges (afaik) that get farmed the most have less cooldown (afaik).

We get basically that profit every time we go, more if we're lucky, and then scales eat away at that till we break even. Then arrows, etc. we're in loss.

Just make all the instance have same cooldown.

20Hrs earlier... makes no difference to farming, but that's a day earlier for someone to go. 160hrs works good, let's you go once, every week, on same day at roughly same time. Having done only 6080 and 80100 instances, i can't comment about higher instances, and won't bother to, but it makes no logical sense to have 6080 have higher insta cooldown, since it has a team less often and isn't as good as 80100 in terms of drops (from what I have experianced).

Bring it down to 160 for 6080. That is not enough for it to be farmed anymore than currently. JoeB is in that range, and so he can see the problems for those who do it, and while he commented on the higher instances without experiancing them, i fear some of yous are commenting on 6080 when you've not done them for a long period of time :D

So, yeah...

Still...

I have instanced every level except WTF (partially because I'm not active enough to do so..). I have tanked/ranged/fought in all of the instances except tank the 120+, which is out of my league to attempt now...

Out of all of that, I still had great rewards and profits, and many losses as well. Please do not comment on other instances and how they work/profit margin, etc unless you have attended them. Regardless that the higher instances have more mobs that drop better, it does not mean that we always get better profit. Why does that matter? On average, you will break even with little profit when scaling all of the II (whether it be 150-180II), he/sr, pots, arrows, lost armor, rostos..... You will have a few awesome cuts, and a few really bad ones.

If you want a better cut, go with less people (6080 is easily done with 3-4 people and only one of those being a ranger with decent (not max) AP.

IMO, this will never get changed.

(Oh and btw, I've instanced the 6080 recently on an alt..)

Edited by InfectioN

Not about profit I think, but 160hrs time means you wait 6.667 days between instance, while 180 means 7.5 days between instance. For people with limited play time, 160 is a better fit, you can go, say, every sunday, without having to splash out of scales, and as your a RM have already said, 160/180 make little difference to people using scales to farm.

And in my posts, you'll see I never talk about instances I haven't attended.

I think changing cooldown to 160 hours makes a lot of sense considering there is 168 hours in a week. I started leveling a/d so I could do instances and have done them all. Being able to do them every week(end) at the same time would be a nice feature, especially for lower level ones where getting a team together is more difficult.

Good idea, wish someone had suggested this four years ago :P

Just would like 160 hours in all instances, or a system where invance cooldown is lower for lower levels and grows towards higher levels. Either would be perfect.

having it so that the range with the least amount of people coming into it and staying as well as being able to instance doesnt make sense imo. But then im a "newbie" and need to "go train", so what do i know. Ultimately changes to 6080 insta lies in those it doesnt effect.

Sorry for being so pessimistic.

It is in your hands, but I would say the higher levels could say they want a lower II to offset the large amount of supply costs we have to put in. It goes both ways.

I 100% agree that instances' CD should decrease proportionally with the potential profit and range of EL population.

Populated farmable instances (120-140, WTf, etc) should have bigger not lower CD.

I would however, use a serpent stone reference system not a drag scale one:

60-80 - 2 serp stones (100 hours)

80-100 - 2 serp stones (100 hours)

100-120 3 - serp stones (150 hours)

120-140 4 serp stones (200 hours)

120+ - 5 serps stones (250 hours)

WTF - 140 hours (weekly insta)

Edited by Mythos

I 100% agree that instances' CD should decrease proportionally with the potential profit and range of EL population.

Populated farmable instances (120-140, WTf, etc) should have bigger not lower CD.

I would however, use a serpent stone reference system not a drag scale one:

60-80 - 2 serp stones (100 hours)

80-100 - 2 serp stones (100 hours)

100-120 3 - serp stones (150 hours)

120-140 4 serp stones (200 hours)

120+ - 5 serps stones (250 hours)

WTF - 140 hours (weekly insta)

I understand your thinking Viper, but the costs of the higher instances becomes outrageous (~40kgc to enter 120+). I doubt that you will break even on most instances if we use this scale. Also, if one were to wait to gain the II over time, that would be a 120+ every 1.5-2 weeks. Interesting..

Also, if one were to wait to gain the II over time, that would be a 120+ every 1.5-2 weeks. Interesting..

Yeah.... don't punish those who play by #ii, i think that was the main idea of this thread

I think all instances should have a 40 hour cooldown and should not be able to be reduced but there should also be 5 or so different styles of instances per lvl range... Some that give good gc, some that give ok gc but also xp boosts, maybe some that have to be done to make others doable... Or something like that

Edited by Orick

I think all instances should have a 40 hour cooldown and should not be able to be reduced but there should also be 5 or so different styles of instances per lvl range... Some that give good gc, some that give ok gc but also xp boosts, maybe some that have to be done to make others doable... Or something like that

no

40hrs is one every 2 days! If you want all instances at non cooldown, keep the cooldown above 96 (WTF!!! insta), imo somewhere between 120-150hrs

Here's a thought, leave the system to what it is now? And if anything is changed, adjust the mountain map to be 160hr cooldown.

Here's a thought, leave the system to what it is now? And if anything is changed, adjust the mountain map to be 160hr cooldown.

Mountain map is used be 80100 right? That's already 160hrs. 6080 use Swamp Map, 180hrs ;)

I have an idea to make it fair across the board. 150 hour cool down. No way to reduce for all levels