Eternal Lands Official Forums
dark_wizzie1

List of Suggestions

This is obviously my opinion and my opinion only, but I'd like to share it. Don't go crazy, kk? ;)

-A way of quick-storing. One click on storage NPC and instantly opens up storage window without dialogue. Saves us from closing dialogue and selecting storage in the first place... because who picks an option other than 'use storage' for a storage NPC? Make it more obvious, I just stumbled upon this.

-Ability to resize storage interface.

-Make cape of no more warlock unbreakable! The NMT cape is 350k. If we want to make tailoring a little bit more useful, why would we make it breakable and cause the tailor to lose so much money?

-Tailoring techniques that give some magic, melee, or even +1 range protection. Make the capes untradable when the bonus is added. It must be remove for it to be traded again; this gives incentive to level tailoring! Or maybe, a tailored clothing with decent defense, high enviromental protection, etc, an interesting camoflauge, but a sizable offensive penalty? For hydrogenium harvestors who want to run away

-As I just mentioned, I feel one way to make leveling the other skills worthwhile to consider is to make the highest level items untradable. Only the highest; you can still buy your titanium, dragon armor. But if you want to enhance your dragon armor a little bit with your manufactoring skill or make it a wee bit more durable instead, you need to have the levels.

-Group the books read in a more logical manner. Yes, I know you can use commands, but isn't it more intuitive and elegent to be able to read what I've read because they are arranged in alphabetical order or skill groups?

- Slot for Rings. Maybe from shop only, maybe not. Maybe have a ring with offensive bonus, or anti-broad effect... but the other player broading won't know you're protected! Heck, make them require very high level crafting.

-Higher level medallions. These should be more expensive as they give a little bit better bonus than moon/gatherer medallion.

-Have summoned monsters give the summoner combat xp for the damage the familiar does. Might make an interesting alternative to training by yourself: Level summoning and train combat a little faster at the cost of cash.

-M0@r St0R@g3 $p@c3

-Decreased harvesting events day description has a typo

-Some monsters are very hard to loot. When I kill a lion or a cyclops, the bag is inside the monster, deep inside. Please make it so when clicking on a dead monster, if there is a bag, the click goes to the bag, and have the bag be on top of the corpse, not the other way around.

-Our own custom tab for storage. So, we have a custom category in storage we can rename, for depositing and withdrawing the most commonly touched items in our storage... For example, an entire combat outfit so I don't have to go to clothes for NMT, magic for rings and medallion, armor for armor, weapons for weapons, potions for potions, essence for essence. No, I can just have one tab I set up where I put my default setup so I can quickly take everything and leave.

-I disagree with the harvesting xp system. Why must I be logged on at the change of the hour for me to get xp? Can't it be resetfor every player at every hour, so everybody is on the same page? I get sad when I log on a 0:01:00 on the game day. :(

-Ability to change chat colors.

-A counter functionality: So I can easily track how much xp is gained in an alloted amount of time. Yes, there are ways around this, but they are more clumsy.

-Water-slushing sound when walking on pier near storage at Palon Vertas.

-A very high level magic spell that allows the player to remember one location and teleport back to it in the future. Obviously restrictions must be put... for example, area cannot have any enviromental damage. Just a thought.

-If I am in DP, for example, looking to get onto WS, I open up map for WS ahead of time. Then I tab-out of map, go to WS. Go back to map: Can't use the map to move, need to move to continent map then back to WS map.

-Ability to look at c2 map when I'm on c1, vise versa.

- Ability to re-assign hotkeys to a single keys. CTR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...12, ALT 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...12 gets hard to press.

-Global Ignores under options: Put it to use? :D

-The warning sounds glitch. The volume for that is determined by misc client sounds, NOT warning sounds.

-Counter showing how many pots/food consumed.

-When I move camera, it moves then stops for a split second, then continues. Any way to fix?

-Counter showing how many seconds left on a buff. I heard this was under construction but given low priority. This buff can also be applied for poison, which is more of a debuff, but the same concept applies.

-Rain sounds. Storm sounds. Please? :) Maybe flashes of lightning?

-Ability to re-arrange order of channels. Yes, I can re-arrange it by closing the channels and joining them in the order I want it to show, but that takes time. ;)

-Potion for harvesting needs to be changed IMO. There's not much incentive to go through the trouble of making that when there isn't a lot of demand. How about a harvesting potion that decreases change of harvesting events? Or decrease damage from major events?

-Potion that increases researching speed. Good for when higher leveled people don't want to afk for an eternity at fast reading spot and want to train. Hey, even if it's only x2 speed, x2 speed after hours at training amounts to a decent bonus.

-Once a secret is found, I'd be awesome if there were a way to quickly re-access it. It's hard to click on small objects. :< Annoying if you use secrets to make money and move back and forth.

-Allow dropping an item while walking, have it halt walking.

Comments? Flames? Post here.

Edited by dark_wizzie1

-Our own custom tab for storage. So, we have a custom category in storage we can rename, for depositing and withdrawing the most commonly touched items in our storage... For example, an entire combat outfit so I don't have to go to clothes for NMT, magic for rings and medallion, armor for armor, weapons for weapons, potions for potions, essence for essence. No, I can just have one tab I set up where I put my default setup so I can quickly take everything and leave.

Make use of item lists. They fulfill exactly this purpose.

elscreen008_zps5dc3a243.png

-As I just mentioned, I feel one way to make leveling the other skills worthwhile to consider is to make the highest level items untradable. Only the highest; you can still buy your titanium, dragon armor. But if you want to enhance your dragon armor a little bit with your manufactoring skill or make it a wee bit more durable instead, you need to have the levels.

I think untradable is a bad property. How do you want to get rid of it? And if you allow dropping the item, then it's tradable again via bags.

-A counter functionality: So I can easily track how much xp is gained in an alloted amount of time. Yes, there are ways around this, but they are more clumsy.

That exists... Ctrl+Z. You can reset your session counters.

That indeed would be very useful.

-Potion that increases researching speed. Good for when higher leveled people don't want to afk for an eternity at fast reading spot and want to train. Hey, even if it's only x2 speed, x2 speed after hours at training amounts to a decent bonus.

That basically exists. Research speed is determined by rationality which in turn depend on will and reasoning. Thus drink will and reasoning potions.

Thanks for the feedback Elke. :D I've quit the game for four years and just came back for 3 weeks, so there are still things I miss.

About untradable: I think it would be fine. We can either have the bonus property (EG, extra def for cloaks through tailoring) removed by click of a button, or even have them become useless if the player doesn't want them. Either way.

Some of the things on that list are already done. Especially the counting part.

-Some monsters are very hard to loot. When I kill a lion or a cyclops, the bag is inside the monster, deep inside. Please make it so when clicking on a dead monster, if there is a bag, the click goes to the bag, and have the bag be on top of the corpse, not the other way around.

I would also like this. Sometimes the monster covers the entire bag and it's impossible to click on it.

Also nice to have. Many times i am on C1 and need to take a look at C2 maps.

There was a time when you could even mix items while walking. Since it was restricted i assume there were some negative aspects about it. I remember many people were abusing the fact that they can drop items while walking and were adding bags all over the map.

Edited by Domino

The would indeed be nice. It will require a bit of rewriting to achieve but I'll give it a go. The C2 map will probably have to be unavailable until you first visit though.

Elke, I see from your image that you have not used the "Options->Troubleshoot->Adjust graphics X/Y" options to tidy up your graphics. These options can be used to properly centre text in boxes and fix various other graphic glitches such as window tabs.

For getting bags from 'bulky' creatures, there's two easy ways available already:

1st - You may have noticed that you move on the killed monster, so the easiest is:

have your inventory window open, wait a second or so after the kill and click 'get all' (once to open the bag on which you will be standing, once again to empty it into your inventory, if possible)

2nd - use gatherer medallion.

And if you're fast, you usually can click on the bag before the creature drops on it...

-As I just mentioned, I feel one way to make leveling the other skills worthwhile to consider is to make the highest level items untradable.

Only the highest; you can still buy your titanium, dragon armor. But if you want to enhance your dragon armor a little bit with your manufactoring

skill or make it a wee bit more durable instead, you need to have the levels.

I think untradable is a bad property. How do you want to get rid of it? And if you allow dropping the item, then it's tradable again via bags.

And of course, if an item is undroppable, it won't appear in a death bag => no more need for rostogols, no more risk in PK, invasions etc.

(I'm sure that didn't cross anyone else's mind before me :whistle: )

Using gatherer meds work only if your in combat with the creature, for those that are ranging or summoning the gatherer is worthless. Having the bag be on top of the creature would make collecting the bag so much easier.

I like the idea of being able to view the other continents maps while not on it and glad to see Bluap is looking into this.

I like the potion of harvesting idea, however, a side drawback to having less events is your chance of finding a stone also goes down. I would definitely use that potion though when harvesting certain items. This idea would give the potion a reason to be made.

I like the idea of being able to view the other continents maps while not on it and glad to see Bluap is looking into this.

I think we had this long time ago. If you doubleclicked on the small map in top- left corner did you go to the other continent.

For getting bags from 'bulky' creatures, there's two easy ways available already:

1st - You may have noticed that you move on the killed monster, so the easiest is:

have your inventory window open, wait a second or so after the kill and click 'get all' (once to open the bag on which you will be standing, once again to empty it into your inventory, if possible)

2nd - use gatherer medallion.

And if you're fast, you usually can click on the bag before the creature drops on it...

-As I just mentioned, I feel one way to make leveling the other skills worthwhile to consider is to make the highest level items untradable.

Only the highest; you can still buy your titanium, dragon armor. But if you want to enhance your dragon armor a little bit with your manufactoring

skill or make it a wee bit more durable instead, you need to have the levels.

And of course, if an item is undroppable, it won't appear in a death bag => no more need for rostogols, no more risk in PK, invasions etc.

Not necessarily, if enchantments were lost when an item/armour dropped in a bag, rostos would still be used.

Magic happened. Thanks revi:D

NMW unbreakable - I still would like to see normal NMT breakable, and NMW unbreakable (give tailorers a chance!)

And elke, how do you get the item list thing? I keep seeing it mentioned, but no-one ever mentions how you get it >.<

- Slot for Rings. Maybe from shop only, maybe not. Maybe have a ring with offensive bonus, or anti-broad effect... but the other player broading won't know you're protected! Heck, make them require very high level crafting.

I would not mind this either. Most games have wearable rings.

-Higher level medallions. These should be more expensive as they give a little bit better bonus than moon/gatherer medallion.

They have enhanced unicorn medallion and enhanced sun medallions now, but those require action points to get the added benefit.

-Have summoned monsters give the summoner combat xp for the damage the familiar does. Might make an interesting alternative to training by yourself: Level summoning and train combat a little faster at the cost of cash.

I would not be in favor of this. My belief is that any summoner that starts summoning early can summon combat partners for whatever he is fighting on a multi-combat map. Starting summoning late makes all your summons worthless for helping.

A simple click of the pointy finger icon on a mob to open up the bag that the mob dropped would be nice. Of course, it would take extra work to pull up other bags, so searching for those would require clicking on a dead critter bringing up a list of bags or maybe a #bags command to bring up dialogue box to select a bag from which would make you walk onto it.

-I disagree with the harvesting xp system. Why must I be logged on at the change of the hour for me to get xp? Can't it be resetfor every player at every hour, so everybody is on the same page? I get sad when I log on a 0:01:00 on the game day. :(

I agree with this idea. It would however mean that Radu would have to make the server update files that he does not want to update or to have the stuff in a database table that can be backed up on the start of an hour. Note that the character data is loaded from a file and into a database upon login (at least this is my best understanding of it).

-A very high level magic spell that allows the player to remember one location and teleport back to it in the future. Obviously restrictions must be put... for example, area cannot have any enviromental damage. Just a thought.

An interesting idea. It would of course change combat, harvesting and alot of the rest of the game a bit.

-If I am in DP, for example, looking to get onto WS, I open up map for WS ahead of time. Then I tab-out of map, go to WS. Go back to map: Can't use the map to move, need to move to continent map then back to WS map.

Going into map mode and having a dropdown box saying "current map" and then the list of all C1 and C2 maps (Current contintent listed first) would be a nice thing.

-The warning sounds glitch. The volume for that is determined by misc client sounds, NOT warning sounds.

I believe someone noted that on the bugs listing last week.

-Counter showing how many seconds left on a buff. I heard this was under construction but given low priority. This buff can also be applied for poison, which is more of a debuff, but the same concept applies.

That might be useful. If your invisibility runs out while trying to get through a dangerous map, you may be screwed.

I think I saw at least some of this already. Check the right few tabs in the configs since they might not be on by default.

Will and reasoning pots while combined help some. More rationality (which those add to) helps. Poor study habbits is a result of many strictly fighter builds.

-Once a secret is found, I'd be awesome if there were a way to quickly re-access it. It's hard to click on small objects. :< Annoying if you use secrets to make money and move back and forth.

zoom the camera in.

Maybe Radu was wanting to prevent bag spamming. Not sure though.

And elke, how do you get the item list thing? I keep seeing it mentioned, but no-one ever mentions how you get it >.<

I think this is an option that can be turned on in one of the first 3 tabs of the config window. I know that is vague, but I am not at my own computer right now.

LOL By replying in two posts, I managed to break the render of the post. I seem to have exceeded some quote limit.

Not necessarily, if enchantments were lost when an item/armour dropped in a bag, rostos would still be used.

Of course, as then the item can be dropped... :bangwall:

No to untradables! I don't want to have to level manufacture to a high level to get the best armor ingame, why should I? In roleplaying terms, it makes no sense disallowing certain items to be traded - if a mixer wants to flog the products of their labour, it's their decision.

Those exist already. I think I've even been hit by lightning once. :P

open inventory (ctrl+I), righthandside bottom button "Itm Lst" should show the item list window. Right click in the bottom part to "create new list" and a list will be created with all items currently in inventory (not worn) in the list. Ctrl+rightclick on an item in the list to delete or edit quantity. Rightclick in the listname part of the window to edit names or delete/create lists.

- Ability to re-assign hotkeys to a single keys. CTR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...12, ALT 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...12 gets hard to press.

You can probably reassign keys in keys.ini, For ALT+10 use alt+0, alt+11 = alt+-, alt+12 = alt+= (keys to the right of the num keys on qwerty kb)

posted this already in 2008, solution was added in 2010

Edited by Maxine

Sorry i can see people summoning tank bunny, and training on them. Get 2x as much exp.

Sorry i can see people summoning tank bunny, and training on them. Get 2x as much exp.

I agree that this shouldn't be implemented, but don't understand what you ment JoeB.

You get exp for your sum deffending you and you deffending your sum, otherwise you can powerlevel deffense with tank rabbits. It works since your effectively getting the exp from both participants.

I'm missing the ability to add items to an existing item list. I found out how to delete a entire list or delete single items or change the quantity. But when I notice that I'm missing an item I have to make the entire list new..

Very nice list darkwizzy, sometimes we get so betriebsblind that we forget what we are really missing. :)

At the moment I have switched my middle mouse button and right mouse button with a third party software. This already helps a lot because I use the RMB 90% of the time and MMB only 10% of the time. There should be an option to do that ingame.

It wouls also be helpful if we had the ability to switch the cursor modus from grab-item to use-item with a key combination. Sometimes you need to change gear in invance ( I do that all the time ) and then you need to quickly go back into the use-item modus so that you can drink potions. It also happend to me that i could not switch back fast enough into the use modus and failed to use my dis-ring and so I died.

I am aware that the ALT-key and STRG-key are already used for the Inventory and I love it. Harvesting and dropping items has become so much easier (you drop everything of one item, no matter what quantity is selected and reverse ! ) Did you know?

So let me just make a suggestion, how about defining the SPACE-key for switching between these two modi ?

I do not need the modus look-at or use-with. They are used very rarely.

I would have no problem if the NMT cape was breakable when in return it would become a more common drop like the Black or the Green Cape. Maybe Tanta in Port Anitora should sell this cape for 120kgc so that the prices don't go up insane high. For many years the cape was 350k-600k due to the fact that it was undestructable and extremely rare. And loosing such a valuable cape to a BroD hurts even more. Ok, to make the whole story short.. with more NMT in the game people wouldn't be afraid to manufacture ( tailoring) a NMW cape (same break chance) and use it. The sell price would be as always 1/2 of the buy price ( 60kgc ) . Both regulations are neccessary imo to keep the price in a reasonable frame.

I'm missing the ability to add items to an existing item list. I found out how to delete a entire list or delete single items or change the quantity. But when I notice that I'm missing an item I have to make the entire list new..

hold ctrl while you drag a new item in.

If you have "help text" enabled, all the key/mouse options are show at the base of the Item Lists window. Some of the features/options have been added since the last client release and will only be available if you have a client built more recently.

Edited by bluap

Pro tip, thanks. I never knew it!

snapback.pngrevi, on 28 March 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Only want to add,that when you right click the "Get All" button you can toggle "Empty Bag Automatically".

If this is toggled,once you stand on a bag and click "Get All" once,your character will automatically empty the bag.:)