Eternal Lands Official Forums
nathanstenzel

PKarrows recipe: is it worth it?

I was just thinking about having my guild's main engineer (Jeff) mix up some pk arrows for me if he is willing. Anyone know if it is worth it to make those?

1 Fire Essence

1 Iron Bar

1 Water Essence

Arrow/bolt head mold (tool)

2 Arrow/bolt head made per set of ingredients

1 Air Essence

1 Arrow/bolt head

1 Hawk Feather

1 Yew

Carving Knife (tool)

1 Pking arrows made per set of ingredients

I could have swarn he was paying me over 20gc per feather, so I am thinking that perhaps the recipe may be a bit off for the arrows themselves. Maybe it would make sense if the arrow recipe made 2 each like the arrow/bolt head does.

Edited by nathanstenzel

PK arrows are not worth making if it is GC that you are after but as far as XP is concerned they are worth the while, plus you can use them to kill people when you have made them (always a bonus)

~6k pk arrows in my engineer counters, almost 12k heads ... and more to come B)

Well... I think it's worth to mix those for experience you get - esp. when you got things prepared for the right time, you get really decent exp plus - those pk arrows/bolts as well. And of course, more feathers you can get by your own, the better.

But I think you were asking about gc. Don't think there was an intention to cover all needs with arrows making by engineers - that's why the NPC price is very fair (comparing with training arrows) and when you need huge amount of them, just go to buy them - much faster and all in all, yeah - also cheaper ;)

No it's not worth making them. It's cheaper and faster to mule from npc especially when you facto r risk of a 20k mold breaking.

I heard that wearing a harvester medallion reduces or stops tool breaks. The medallion only breaks in combat, acid rain and while harvesting, I believe.

So, except for the risk to a arrow/bolt head mold, it is worth it for the mixer to make them, but not worth it for a player to supply the other player with all ingreds. Hmmm....I wonder if supplying a majority of the ingreds would work for compensation with the xp being the rest of the compensation. I guess I will ask Jeff if he wants to try to strike a deal like that.

I heard that wearing a harvester medallion reduces or stops tool breaks. The medallion only breaks in combat, acid rain and while harvesting, I believe.

Isn't it only tools used by harvesting? Don't think it works like you wrote...

And if it does, then it is a bug which exploiting you have just exposed ... lol :hehe:

And if it does, then it is a bug which exploiting you have just exposed ... lol :hehe:

:D

Haven't seen my "mixing" tools are breaking less anyway... and wearing harvest med pretty often.

Although my arrow/bolt head mold no.1 still holds - maybe I am lucky :P

All of the arrows/bolts are not worth making for gc savings. If you dont take into account the cost of the arrow/bolt head you are still looking at the hawk feather (bots buying for 22 each), AE at 10-11 each, and yew which it is rare to find on the market so you have to harv it yourself, the cost for 2 of the 4 ings is already at 32 gc.

I have heard of he harv med reducing the tool breakages but I think that is just a rumor. I have found nothing that makes me think this is true.

I used to make pka/pkb on eng day. On that day you get good xp but since I dont invance anymore I wont be making them to collect dust in my sto.

It is hard to tell what is a bug and what is a feature in a game that makes so little sense, to be honest.

It is worth it if you are the one making the arrows/bolts/arrow heads, gathering ingredients and getting experience but otherwise no.

On Joule Day or Alfred Noble Day I burn thru my feathers to make arrows/bolts but no other days.