Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dark_wizzie1

Buy Slots

I agree with Domino, sorry Stronze. Shop already has a big-ish impact for lower end players (had to buy some items to make gc for my NMT, didn't want to be mixing for ages). If an idea for a F2P is thought up, makes sense that it should be proposed as free. And as for EL having balanced shop.... no comment.

EDIT: Typo's, be GONE!

Edited by Grort

I err on the side of agreeing with Stronze, and that is because extra storage slots are not needed for many players. I am far from using up all slots and I don't really train all skills. If we had to buy an extra armor slot yes, that would be more pay 2 win. But this is more slots which I think maybe require more work to implement and maintain.

For NMT cape, just mine iron. :) What I'm more against is paying $25 to have NMT perk removed; that means no NMT at all unless you get the perk or can finally afford the cape.

Edited by dark_wizzie1

For NMT cape, just mine iron. :).

The whole point was that i didn't want to spend a couple weeks afk harving iron ore. Believe it or not, I don't find that very entertaining.

Agree with Domino, why are quite alot of the recent suggestions saying you should pay $$$ for it. You want to pay $$$ to play, go play a P2P game :dry: simple. Charging for extra sto slots (which are generally needed by allrounders, afaik) means you need to pay gc to go down a certain route of playstyle. Not cool.

I maxed out my storage slots at level 50. so...yeah... more slots would be nice.

Also, playing another game, they did give you a similiar thing to a perk for extra inventory space ( as their was no storage ), that could be bought up to twice and stack. That game has similiar population and it works fine on the whole. If you make the think off all the effects of the perk, and consider a number that excludes newbies, but allows higher levels that need the perk, but cant spend tonnes of pp, then it would work, but it would need to rely on careful implimentation, and tuning, so it doesnt become a tool for the elite, or something that EVERYBODY has.

"EL's shop is for the most part non intrusive into the day to day mechanics of the game." well, look at too newbs development, one buying from shop, and other going completely from ingame earned items. You'll see it those make a significant difference.

"i really think radu/roja have come up with a well balanced game shop compaired to other games i have seen." - well balanced shop, that charges same for EFEs and rostogol stones. Shop kind of needs repricing so that it actually lines up similiarly to ingame prices. Half the items from shop aren't bought since you can buy rostogol/haidir passes and buy 3-7 of the items for the same price ingame.

as for why recent suggestions linger on $$$ earned? well, has more chance of being implemented, too keep game going since we have no newbs, shortening supply of low levels and some higher level players going to OL or the more popular MMOs for various reasons. EL population and game is showing signs typical of aging MMOs, the 'intrigue' stage long ago worn off, the 'passion' stage kind of died with pk and now we're running on fumes.

Edited by JoeButler

If it can be done technically, I think more slots should just be added to recognize all the new items that are in game, and that some people prefer to develop all skills not just one or two.

I got the impression that the main problem was clothing taking up too many slots (and that can go very fast).

For that, another option, perhaps easier to implement, could be a wardrobe, i.e. a store specifically for clothing items. I know there are

some items that appear in two classes, like leather armors, so that should be handled. But that could be done by accepting that those

items can be stored in both classical storage and wardrobe (e.g. you have 10 leather armors, you can have those either all in wardrobe,

all in classical store, or 3 in wardrobe and 7 in classical store).

Wrt people developing all skills: I consider myself an all-rounder, but that doesn't mean I'm active in all skills to the same level. I can still manage

to do alc, pot, manu, craft and eng without being too cramped for slots. And if I get too short on slots, I'll have to see what I could transform or sell

to make room (happened once so far, and it wasn't too difficult to clean out some stuff, like rarely used furs or flowers).

Personally, I don't see any strong need for more slots for that reason. (that's why the wardrobe suggestion)

"Hey, the 300 limit was here from the first day of the game, but it's outdated now(after 10 years) since a lot of new stuff has been added to the game. Let's change it"

Actually, when I started playing the limit was 100, later it was upgraded to 200 and now it is 300.

I own a guild storage bot so I can have a place to store items I don't use very often, like stones, enriched essences, clothes, drop items (tons of books) and some basic ingredients that I make available to other players and contest items. My storage is always full and my storage bot has another 200 or so unique items (not in my sto) on it. Having a storage bot gives you an additional 300 slots for $20/y, not bad, since it can be used by multiple people.

I would also be happy with additional storage slots for a $ fee, but considering the number of unique items, a free upgrade for all players to 400 slots seems reasonable. Maybe make the 100 extra slots only for clothes, books and perhaps shop items (all color horses takes up another 7 slots I dont have, my bouquet of roses has been in deep storage forever, as well as my pretty headgear)