Eternal Lands Official Forums
AmberGal

Player Bio & Location

I think it would be really cool if we could look at someone and view where they are from, plus a 1-2 sentence bio/quote/headline/etc either appearing visually with the achievements box (it would probably have to be really small though) or via the chat screen.

Ex: You see Amber. Location: Indiana, USA. Bio: I <3 EL!

If anyone wants to keep this info private, they could opt out. What do you think?

Gossip used to have a feature where you could add bio to your /mercator about <playername>

Maybe just ask mercator owner/programmer to add that feature to mercator? :D

Gossip used to have a feature where you could add bio to your /mercator about <playername>

Maybe just ask mercator owner/programmer to add that feature to mercator? :D

Mercators owner is VinoVeritas. And i have no idea whether he'd have to buy code off Learner or if he would want/be bothered to code it himself. Mercator does a great job at the moment as it is.

EL Forum lets you enter stuff like that in.

Not everybody's on forums, took me over 4 years to join forums.

They added achievements to 'look', so this is plausible idea, but you need to think how it could be implemented. Would you have to fill this out as you begin the game, on the character creation screen? Then it would need client update. If its command in game, then you'd be out originally, and have to opt in, which makes more sense to me. Other than that i quite like the idea.

EL Forum lets you enter stuff like that in.

Not everybody's on forums, took me over 4 years to join forums.

Agreed, JB. And regardless of whether someone is registered on forums, I don't think people regularly have forums open when playing if they would want to know where someone is from or a little bit about them -- unless they really want to know. Otherwise, it takes an extra 5 minutes. It would be cool if you hover over or click everyone (i.e. while sitting at storage) quickly and find out location or a "fun fact" in their bio.

They added achievements to 'look', so this is plausible idea, but you need to think how it could be implemented. Would you have to fill this out as you begin the game, on the character creation screen? Then it would need client update. If its command in game, then you'd be out originally, and have to opt in, which makes more sense to me. Other than that i quite like the idea.

Yes, the downside would be client update, so maybe in-game command is more feasible. And again, the bot possibility if an owner wants to put in the effort. I forgot about Gossip!

And yes, of course it's possible to ask people where they are from or other details about themselves - I do it all the time. Just suggesting something I thought would be cool and/or a quick conversation-starter with someone you maybe wouldn't normally talk to.

Don't think Gossip was owned by Learner.... Might be wrong though

just ask people...

There are some people who may have you on ignores you dont know about

And other people who dont answer my PM's :(

Well, those people are probably not interested in giving you these informations anyway (-;

maybe its time to activate the feature on mercator again. Its implemented anyway and you can set up your bio there with

/mercator pref Profile line1 The Text you want to have in line Nr 1

/mercator pref Profile line2 The Text you want to have in line Nr 2

/mercator pref Profile line3 ...

/mercator pref Profile line4 ...

/mercator pref Profile line5 ...

once i reactivated it you can see it with /mercator about playername. If player has set it up

maybe its time to activate the feature on mercator again. Its implemented anyway and you can set up your bio there with

/mercator pref Profile line1 The Text you want to have in line Nr 1

/mercator pref Profile line2 The Text you want to have in line Nr 2

/mercator pref Profile line3 ...

/mercator pref Profile line4 ...

/mercator pref Profile line5 ...

once i reactivated it you can see it with /mercator about playername. If player has set it up

Nice, I set up mine on Gossip, but then two days later she went offline.... lol >.<

Activated yet? I vill test it out :D

he hasn't put it up, hence the maybe.

But i like the fact we might have it again \o/

You can set your bio up allready. just the part that shows the bio on the /mercator about player command is still offline will be activated on next restart of mercator, then also some other messed up bugs should be fixed.

Update: Mercator is now updated and shows additional lines with your set text when you do a /mercator about player

Also made the command to be /mercator bio line1 text

and you can use line1 to line 9 for 10 lines bio

Edited by vinoveritas