Eternal Lands Official Forums

guild.

The reasons for this suggestion is to make guilds, and joining them, more popular, create another money sink and make it easier to work together on guild projects, which is right now, with bags or hyperbags, not the fact.

The reason is *NOT* to protect your deathbag and remove the risk of dieing or remove the reason to have a rosto with you.

So here it goes:

A guild stone can only be made by guild masters (or maybe rank 19 members, thats fine tuning).

Skill? alchemy, engineering, manufacturing, anyone?

Ingredients? Something worth 10k gc, i think. Maybe a mix of harvestables, bars, potions and essences, like amber, gold bars, some BR's and some essences, which aren't used right now that much, thats up to Radu.

When you *PUT* a guild stone into a bag, only players from your guild can access this bag. All other players might get a punishment, that might be fun, like they hit a radon pouch or something.

You can't take a guild stone from a bag. The stone will stay in that bag until it gets removed/poofs.

So, if you remove all stuff from a bag except the guild stone, it poofs and the guild stone gets destroyed.

If you don't touch that bag for 12 minutes, as usual, it poofs and the guild stone gets destroyed too.

Second thing:

If you die and have a guild stone in your inventory, there is the usual chance that you drop it into your death bag or not.

If you drop it, only you and your guildies can pick up that bag, but in this case, there is a chance that the stone gets destroyed every minute, lets say, 25%.. Maybe lets add a chance of 50% that the stone gets destroyed, when you die.

So, its not working like a rosto, it does not protect your DB 100%, but now you can do guild projects with your guildies more safe and keep bagjumpers away, but you have to pay a price (money sink) for it.

Technical stuff:

The item "guild stone" will have still a single item ID, there is no need to have a unique guild stone for every guild. The only thing the server must remember is: which guild member dropped the stone into the bag, so it can save the guild of the guild stone and that shouldnt be impossible.

How does that sound?

Piper

BJumper can not get stuff, but can lock your bag just staying on it and require something like this: "pay me or bag will dissapear!"

Edited by kapbepucm

That's impractical for events which you hold with friends or inter-guild ones. And it doesn't solve the issue of the "pay or I won't step away till it poofs". So in the suggested form I see little benefit.

Also, how does the stone know its affiliation when lying in a bag? That concept doesn't exist within EL at all, such stone would break it hard. Anything on a map is accessible to anyone in general.

Yet still, it might be a nice idea, but due to this conceptual break, it will need both, very careful consideration, and probably lots of work on both, server and possibly also client-side.

I thought this was going to be like a guild-hyper key or something. What if guildmaster isn't high enough level to mix said stone too? Overlooking a couple things

Can you foresee one person guilds becoming more popular? Just so they can make guild stones to sell on @3. Guilds are already popular, overly so imo, since theres already enough people making 1-4 person guilds. If you want more gc sink associated with guilds, make guilds cost 50k instead of 30k, or make you pay 1k for setting an alliance.

When you *PUT* a guild stone into a bag, only players from your guild can access this bag. All other players might get a punishment, that might be fun, like they hit a radon pouch or something.

I'm sorry I have to point out the obvious Piper, other players can still stand on your guildbag. When it costs 10k, then I would want some protection. :(

Bagjumpers have always been a huge annoyance. I distinguish 3 types of bagjumpers:

The first kind is a newbie, he will take what he thinks is most valuable at first sight, so maybe you loose a few HE, SR, pickaxes, FP and Antidote. ok - easy to replace, no big damage done.

The second kind is smarter, he will mix steel bars or essences from the ingr. in your bag and take away as much he can carry.

So that's a lot more damage,but perhaps with 1 hour of harvesting you can replace the lost stuff. Big annoyance for everyone because someone needs to bring new food, but you get over it.

The third kind is a real motherf***, he will do the same as the 2. guy but with the difference that he is not going to leave the bag. He will wait until all the rest of the stuff in the bag has poofed. I compare it in RL to a prisoner who will kill someone for a cookie !!

No joking, this really happend. Why this example ? Because the benefit for the person is so small compared to what was lost it can not be counterbalanced.

So let me make an example: There is a whole guild , say 10 people who work 5 hours on a bag which was going to be shared at the end. Now this bagjumper destroys 50 hours of work for something he could have done on his own in maybe an hour. I believe this is a whole different kind of bagjumping. It is not a simple robbery, it is about humiliating the other players .. and it makes me very angry every time it happens. This type of player is not only destroying items but destroying the team spirit in the game. If I was a moderator.. I would ban this guy for at least a 100 hours. :inquisitive:

Bagjumpers are really annoying, irritating, and imo is pointless to not ban them - much like scammers and lurers. But that's not thread topic. Its about a guildstone that wouldn't solve any problems, and may in fact make them appear (like Elke said, useless for interguild mixes)

As an added function or maybe an alternative if the original idea is not accepted, perhaps you can make it so that the stone placed into the bag announces when something is put into it or removed from it in local chat. I know....talking stones....insanity...but this would be something similar to when a boss monster is killed and it announces the drops. This way, nobody would have to wonder who took out what or who put what into the bag. Alternatively, the stone could make a custom channel which it would tell the bag owner the number for so that the bag owner could tell the others in the group the number for and then the announcements would be put on that channel.

It could also prevent unaligned players from standing on that spot taking care of bag thieves.

As an added function or maybe an alternative if the original idea is not accepted, perhaps you can make it so that the stone placed into the bag announces when something is put into it or removed from it in local chat. I know....talking stones....insanity...but this would be something similar to when a boss monster is killed and it announces the drops. This way, nobody would have to wonder who took out what or who put what into the bag.

That sounds like a lot of spam to me... But each guild has a chan so you could make it spam the guild chan

As an added function or maybe an alternative if the original idea is not accepted, perhaps you can make it so that the stone placed into the bag announces when something is put into it or removed from it in local chat. I know....talking stones....insanity...but this would be something similar to when a boss monster is killed and it announces the drops. This way, nobody would have to wonder who took out what or who put what into the bag.

That sounds like a lot of spam to me... But each guild has a chan so you could make it spam the guild chan

Guild chan is inconvenient. And what about two stones in two bags? Or three? 10? It again does not take care of the fact that one often also has events with friends from all around EL, not just your own guild. Better one per bag. But there we have again the ineffable channel limit...

Edited by Elke

It could also prevent unaligned players from standing on that spot taking care of bag thieves.

Nice one... I can see the #abuses flying for blocking:

one or two well placed bags could block a path for anyone but guild members...

Nice one... I can see the #abuses flying for blocking:

one or two well placed bags could block a path for anyone but guild members...

That already has a mechanism for resolving and rules could be specifically added that it may not be used anyplace next to another bag or next to any wall or other immovable object preventing it from blocking paths.

Guild chan is inconvenient. And what about two stones in two bags? Or three? 10? It again does not take care of the fact that one often also has events with friends from all around EL, not just your own guild. Better one per bag. But there we have again the ineffable channel limit...

If you are doing events with friends outside of your guild then the stone won't work for them in the first place... And few guilds are big enough that they are doing more then 2 events at one time and if you want spam every time someone wants to add or take something from a bag or refresh it then it will get WAY annoying for those not in your guild who are trying the work with the same deposits as you or what if 2 guilds are doing events at the same deposits? Sounds like supper uber spam to me...

Edited by Orick

Sounds like an awfully complicated thing, that solves no problems, would take a fair amount of code for it to be half decent and generally not worthwhile.

plus think about the poor guildless people :(

And the original idea is flawed, guilds are too common, with tonnes of inactive and small guilds.

Also needing to be in guild, have high skill of a specific skill, that would basically hurt all the lower level guilds.