Eternal Lands Official Forums
Orick

Gaming laptop

So I'm still a few months away from buying a new comp but I been looking at new gaming laptops and have been thinking about getting the asus G37 but am not to sure about what is good out there... Any suggestions anyone?

Edited by Orick

Ive been very fond of ASUS products i have always usd their motherboards in my PC's and I have an ASUS Laptop i have been happy with. Although, you might want to try alienware.com their gaming laptops are very good too.

Do NOT get Alienware. At all. I got one for the same reason... they are overpriced and don't last long at all. I've never had to get more repairs done on a laptop ever. Their customer service is horrible, too. You'd think if you're paying over 2k for a laptop, you'd be getting something good. It was probably the worst decision I've ever made.

Lol acelon I think it depends I do have to agree with the repairs as my bro needed a lot of it done but due to the slow service he was given a brand new laptop with a new processor and graphics card to replace the old broken 1 lol

Do NOT get Alienware. At all. I got one for the same reason... they are overpriced and don't last long at all. I've never had to get more repairs done on a laptop ever. Their customer service is horrible, too. You'd think if you're paying over 2k for a laptop, you'd be getting something good. It was probably the worst decision I've ever made.

This comment tells me that I dont want one of those comps... The asus I had before only stopped once because I messed up an update and the coustmer service was great and way fast and helpful... Plus the only games I play are LoL and EL, and mostly EL at that... The reason I want a gaming comp is so I can streem movies online at the same time as playing and desplay the movies on a 2ed screen at the same time as invancing

I might suggest you don't get a computer with EFI boot. I think I saw a few articles online where the things are brickable like a phone.

I have an laptop with AMD A6. The graphics processor is built onto the CPU. While it works fine for me (else than clicking those damned rabbits and wood sprites and other critters that move when you try to click them), it might not work for you. Some people would die if they did not have more than 30FPS which is what I set mine to when I play 2 characters at once (it happens occasionally).

I replaced my desktop a few years ago with a basic laptop and then bought a Asus G73.

Very good laptop but you should look at a G74 or G75.

Early G73's do NOT have USB3 ports. You will have to update the machine's bios and vbios to get the the laptop to cool properly. There was a manufacturing issue in the thermal paste for SOME of the ATI GPUs requiring a repaste job being done. (Later machines have NVIDIA GPUs)

Common "issue" with all the G-series laptops is dust. You will periodically (twice a year for me) need to turn the machine over, remove the access panel on the bottom and blow compressed air (short bursts) into the rear thermal exhaust ports. Gather the dust bunnies from the access panel area and do whatever your heart desires with them. Your machine temperature will literally drop by 50% if enough dust built up. My home is not bad for dust but some folks who keep furry critters do this monthly.

All in all it has been a good machine and operates well for my needs. Serious overkill for EL.

Will replace it in a few years for a newer Asus G series i guess and pass it down to the little ones for school work. Perhaps when Windows 8 get designated ME3 and Windows 9 comes out without the idiot Metro interface fertilizing laptops and desktops.

Awesome, thanks for the advice, more reason to go with an asus... Thanks, I'm pretty sure that ill go with the asus, now I just need to start saving the money up to buy it

Edited by Orick