Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Stackable perk perk

I been thinking it would be cool to stack perks(sense I'm a perker)... Like being able to use mirror cape, mirror perk, and mirror greaves...

So my idea is make a perk that costs 10 PP that allows you to gain half benefit from multiple items with the same perk but limit it, so say mirror perk gives you %10 chance to mirror and you also have mirror greaves but rather then giving you another %10 it only gives you %5 more so a total of %15, and then if you put on mirror cape (being 3ed lvl) it gives you another %2.5, so a total of %17.5 chance to mirror, as long as you have the stackable perk perk.... This should also work with harvester perk, right now it gives you 2x the item harvest, with ores and high lvl flowers that's 2 and with low lvl flowers that's 4, if you have both harvest perk and cape you get 2x plus (2x)/2 so for anything you got 2 on before you would now get 3 and anything you got 4 on you now get 6... The same could be used with RF cape, NMT, summoning, and other perks that have multiple items they are attached to

Edited by Orick

Another option is to have multiple level perks. you could get Mirror perk I, then for more pps you could take Mirror perk II, etc.

I really like this idea. However, I would like to see all perks power AND cost reduced. In example, change mirror skin perk to: 2 pp - 5%, 2 pp - 10%, 3 pp - 15 %. Doing this to most perks would allow more customization to builds imo.

I really like this idea. However, I would like to see all perks power AND cost reduced. In example, change mirror skin perk to: 2 pp - 5%, 2 pp - 10%, 3 pp - 15 %. Doing this to most perks would allow more customization to builds imo.

I like this idea. Customization is fun.

This idea would be cool to but if it were done I would say just make so you spend 1pp and get %2 and can stack it 7 times giving you a total of %14...

However that sounds much harder and game changing then my suggestion does and a lot more buyable... Making a perk that you have to spend 10 pp plus the pp for the benefit perk(7 for mirror) sounds much harder to accomplish(17 pp rather then 7) therefore making its use less popular and making it so not every high end gold farmer just go out and drop the gc to put another huge gap between them and everyone els

Edited by Orick

This idea is good, more pp will be spent in different ways, pretty cool idea to OP and Rabbitman :)

This idea would be cool to but if it were done I would say just make so you spend 1pp and get %2 and can stack it 7 times giving you a total of %14...

However that sounds much harder and game changing then my suggestion does and a lot more buyable... Making a perk that you have to spend 10 pp plus the pp for the benefit perk(7 for mirror) sounds much harder to accomplish(17 pp rather then 7) therefore making its use less popular and making it so not every high end gold farmer just go out and drop the gc to put another huge gap between them and everyone els

It gives you the chance to stack different things at a time. Spending 10 pp for one type of perk, and 7 to another type.

Edited by Lexi

I too like this idea, allows players to up certain aspects of their character over time as they "grow up" in the game and OA pp's can be used for a more immediate result rather than having to wait 7 or so OA's before you can get a perk.

And yes it would be a major game change but perk pp's have been returned in the past so it is possible that players with any perks would have them returned and you would just have to go and put the pp's you wanted on the new perk lvl's you need.

Be interesting to see those different 'leveled' perks, would be kind of nice for mixing up your build. I like it, Rabbitman :D

The 10PP stack perk thing, not so much for.

+1 on that.

So you want an FR cape with an FR perk and an excavator cape with an excavator perk and an artificer cape with an artificer perk?

If so, it sounds like it will be a bit chaotic. Radu would probably notice more rare mixes and do something about it. Prices would be affected, HE costs would have a chance to drop.

I'm fine with a little chaos, but who else is?

Making the 7 pickpoint perks drop into multi-leveled perks with 2,2,3 pickpoints respectively sounds like an interesting idea.

So you want an FR cape with an FR perk and an excavator cape with an excavator perk and an artificer cape with an artificer perk?

If so, it sounds like it will be a bit chaotic. Radu would probably notice more rare mixes and do something about it. Prices would be affected, HE costs would have a chance to drop.

I'm fine with a little chaos, but who else is?

Making the 7 pickpoint perks drop into multi-leveled perks with 2,2,3 pickpoints respectively sounds like an interesting idea.

Didn't think about the arti side of this just was thinking of the other, but your right it might cause more enriched essences into the game but think about this... Few people want to spend 17-20 PP on perks/nex on arti or any other, this change I think would not be used by as many people as some might think so it might not effect the market... And if radu charges $50-$75 for the removal of the perk then even less would get it... And you could make it so the increase of the arti effect is low enough that it is not as wantable to those but the devoted of the art

But this did bring up in my mind that the NMT perk might change thing a LOT but back to the fact that we(radu) can set the % that the 2ed perk gives you... For instance if NMT lvl 1(just 1 item with the perk) gives you %40 less break rate then you can make lvl 2(2 items with the perk aka NMT perk and NMT cape) you can get a total of %45 less break rate... *note I don't actually know the % of the NMT perk or cape at this time in the game*

Giving only +5 to the total % would make it worth it to devoted tanks who take all the hits in most fights but not worth it to everyone...

Edited by Orick

how about allow multiple items of the same perk ( exca cape and exca perk, or mirror cape and mirror perk and mirror greaves)