Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

**** guild map PK event

Good afternoon all, our guild map is coming along nicely and we are going to be asking that it is brought online in about 6 months... Yes we realize that is a long time from now to some of you but we would like to get some feedback on what events people would be willing to enter into...

So for one event we will be asking people to set up teams to go agents each other in an att and def like setting where the map will be giving the only limits, such as high and low light areas, no summ and summoning areas and magic and no magic areas all mixed in with each other... Each team will be required and limited to 8 players with the average a/d of 120-125 aka if you have 1 player with 178 a/d and 6 with 125 a/d then your 8th will have to have 72 a/d(if my math is right). EVERY aspect of the game will be allowed, from using eng to counter act magic or invis or bomb players to the use of special armor/wep such as osomn and even the hated BROD every team member will be allowed 1 death and every team will have to pay 400k gc to enter the event(50k each player) at the end 2ed place would get there enter gc back and 1st would take the rest to split even among there players...

So... Who would enter an event like that?

Edited by Orick

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I see a few problems with it. As far as I know, no drop areas are not allowed in guildmaps. If each person on a team must die 2x for the team to lose, you are essentially losing 100k for bricks+50k entry fee per player if your team doesn't win. For this reason, I expect few teams would enter. If only 2 teams enter, I expect even the winning team would lose a lot as well. As such, this contest sounds like kf would be a better option.

Alternatively, I think a pk contest in the **** map with an inventory limited to 50kgc worth of items (equip, summons, healing, etc) would be very fun. Winning team is the last one standing. Reward: you keep all drops.

True but I was hoping that enough players would want to play that enough teams that it would make it worth it for the winners also we could do smaller teams and cheaper enter fees... Tho with the amount if gc being made in invasions and instances 150k for a good event I think would be kinda fun... We do plan to bring back fight club and our daily leather fights, but we are trying to figure out some really high end events, that and doing it on a no drop day would make it cheaper, tho getting an event together on a random day is a Lil harder

Edited by Orick